More Andrew posts from RSOF (future updates)

Beloved

For the grave, couldn't it show up only when the player is logged on?

People still wouldn't be able to bless after someone has lagged out and died.

Edit - Didn't see the other posts, never mind this L

2dvjurb.png

The only time i've really heard from Andrew was on rare occasion...like when he got really pissed at TIF a few years ago #-o

This is cool that he's coming out and talking and we can hear from him.

I find it interesting the sort of updates he's talking about, too -- what software geeks would call "user pain points". This has been a good year for the RS team in terms of cleaning up the game with multiple graphic, textual, code and logic updates, and Andrew indicates that there are even more nifty little things to come.

I think some folks are getting frustrated with this year's RS because the actual content updates are fewer and perhaps not as full of massive win as, say, a new skill or a great training minigame. I find the little things that they barely mention to be some of the best changes to the game in 2009 -- leprechaun noting, for instance, completely changed the face of farming.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

I find it interesting the sort of updates he's talking about, too -- what software geeks would call "user pain points". This has been a good year for the RS team in terms of cleaning up the game with multiple graphic, textual, code and logic updates, and Andrew indicates that there are even more nifty little things to come.

I think some folks are getting frustrated with this year's RS because the actual content updates are fewer and perhaps not as full of massive win as, say, a new skill or a great training minigame. I find the little things that they barely mention to be some of the best changes to the game in 2009 -- leprechaun noting, for instance, completely changed the face of farming.

D

I agree. That update was small, but the impact was huge. I absolutely love it. Same goes with the path finding update. No more walking back and forth. Absolutely amazing. We benefit from that update with everything we do (well, except standing still at a bank or something).

The price of all junk hugging against the price floor, if removed, will stabilize around their (high alch value - cost of nature rune).

Why, you may ask?

If an item falls further than that, trust me on this one - there will be mages everywhere looking to profit.

I agree but it will only be this way for items that high alch for more then the price of the nature rune. Anything with an alch value less then a nature rune will become worthless and most likely fall to under 10 coins each.This is exactly how a player controlled economy works it self out without the need for price caps.

The price of all junk hugging against the price floor, if removed, will stabilize around their (high alch value - cost of nature rune).

Why, you may ask?

If an item falls further than that, trust me on this one - there will be mages everywhere looking to profit.

I agree but it will only be this way for items that high alch for more then the price of the nature rune. Anything with an alch value less then a nature rune will become worthless and most likely fall to under 10 coins each.This is exactly how a player controlled economy works it self out without the need for price caps.

Actually, anything not 'alchable' will likely fall to below its store value (I would guess something would land at about half what the stores buy it for) at which point low level players will buy them and sell them to stores for profit.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found