MechScape Research Summary

edwinre

if they do implement the less-grinding thing, and theres no need for rwt, then i just might switch.

but ive also invested so much time in rs it would be a difficult decision.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I think I'm really going to like Mechscape... also, I'll be sure to cash in on any "party hats" that happen early on. Not that jagex will make that same mistake twice....

Impossible because too many people will hoard them. The seclusive thing about party hats is that so few people played then, and very few, if any, thought to hoard them.

Jagex still makes mistakes.

Ill be hoarding everything, and lots of it. Should the rate of getting something change, Ill be the one sitting on piles of it :thumbsup:

well, if it is aimed at 20+, and it is based more on grinding then skill, i'm sure it will be the ideal game for those who spend days and nights inside their mother's basement.

"Levelling in MMOs can be tedious and some games make levelling difficult in an attempt to cover for a lack of content. We are approaching game design in a totally new way, player progression will be unlike any other MMO currently on the market...." -Adam

I really don't think it will be a grind-fest.

I'm excited for this game to come out! I'll definitely have to try it. :D I want to know exactly how the "members" aspect of it will work, and if there will be a large free game like we have with Runescape now. I remember reading something about micro-transactions being the way this game would work, but then I also read in that link that it would work the same way Runescape works now. Either way, I can't wait to try it out and see what it's like!!

Blakdragon39.png

Well, there is (was?) a section on tip.it for LOTRO, so why not Mechscape? If they could have the calculators and such, it would be very useful, especially if we were first helpsite for MS and RS!
Too late to be first for Mechscape, Mechscape World has been going for a while now. :P

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I'm excited for this game to come out! I'll definitely have to try it. :D I want to know exactly how the "members" aspect of it will work, and if there will be a large free game like we have with Runescape now. I remember reading something about micro-transactions being the way this game would work, but then I also read in that link that it would work the same way Runescape works now. Either way, I can't wait to try it out and see what it's like!!

MechScape will use RuneScape's subscription model. Micro-transactions was an idea Iddison said he'd hope to explore in a future title (which we call "ThirdScape") but Gerhard has spoken out against micro-transactions so I don't think it'll happen.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

I would like to know the qualifications for the beta... Are they going to choose members who have had a year of member ship or like have been playing Runescape since classic?

Mod MMG said that it'd probably be people who'd been continuous subscribers for a few months at the time the beta was released, so I'm guessing closer to half a year's membership than a year. However, they haven't finalised their plans for the requirements yet.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

WoW is horrible, no skill involved addict playing POS.

If Mechscape is like that, well Jagex screwed up AGAIN.

Anyway I'm still playing RS, I want that 99 Attack.

$50 all the 9-10 year old's will go to Mechscape to build a SPACE SHIP! WOW! And all the old'er players will stick to RS. ;)

onyx7890.png

Current goal: Legends, Regicide, Roving Elf's, Barrows RFD, 95+ Attack.

If the "non-existent leveling" aspect plays out, I'm probably going to move to Mechscape, although I ain't leaving this game until the rest of the return of Zaros (or whatever they're planning) plays out.

8f14270694.jpg

No clicking please! Preferably, I'd like a key which you can press next to a npc and it brings up their rubbish.

And the biggest question: Is tip.it going to make a Mechscape board?

I'd like to lock in A. Yes, A.

You have won a million dollars, as the correct answer was "Yes"!

I'm hoping mechscape to be non-elitist, where if you have more money you must be respected by the lower community.

Also for a non-grinding one, so you dont get flamed in a Help and Advice board for giving proper-ways to train levels.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Mmm MS does indeed look and sound interesting. I'll be making the change atleast for alittle while once it is released. Saying i've played RS since late Oct 01 and i've been a member for years strait I hope to get myself a testy spot :-P can't wait to see how they did everything. Time to start the nubish beginning again! Bank every single thing i can pick up in bulk and see what's used for what \'

UPDATIN SIGGY ^,^