MechScape Research Summary

edwinre

Ren has released his April 2009 research summary, which pretty much covers everything there is to know about the game, MechScape. If there is one thing you were to read to get yourself up to speed on Jagex's upcoming sci-fi mmo then this is it.

(http://www.mechscapeworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6402)

(Not sure if this was the right forums, sorry if it isn't.)

Cool :shock:

I'll probably stick with RS, though. I like it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Whose to say you can't do both?

EDIT: From what I can see they're different in gameplay etc... So your not choosing between runescape and runescape in space

weiyao5.png

Whose to say you can't do both?

Good luck playing both at the same time. I think he means he would rather spend his time levelling his Runescape character than use it on a new mechscape character. I might just try it at it's release just to see how it is, then go back to Runescape. I'm not gonna be one of those people who instantly buy membership for Mechscape (if it's available, which it probably will be) and no-life to be the first to reach high levels in the game within a week of it's release. But I'll make sure to take plenty of screenies, note the top initial players and stuff for future reference when the game is 5 years old and people start to look back.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I think I'm really going to like Mechscape... also, I'll be sure to cash in on any "party hats" that happen early on. Not that jagex will make that same mistake twice....

Impossible because too many people will hoard them. The seclusive thing about party hats is that so few people played then, and very few, if any, thought to hoard them.

lalalasig2.png

i don't have time to read his research, but jagex did say that letting money rule runescape was a bad idea.

basically, if being rich doesn't give me an advantage over other players in a game, the game isnt worth playing.

i'll try it out, and so will everybody else, because they think that there will be a "party hat" type event.

i pity the foo.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

i don't have time to read his research, but jagex did say that letting money rule runescape was a bad idea.

basically, if being rich doesn't give me an advantage over other players in a game, the game isnt worth playing.

i'll try it out, and so will everybody else, because they think that there will be a "party hat" type event.

i pity the foo.

Just because money doesn't rule a game doesn't mean it wont make an impact. In runescape, most skills can be maxed ridiculously easily with a large sum of cash. However, in games like Warcraft, money doesn't decide entirely who is the best.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

i pity the foo.

Just because money doesn't rule a game doesn't mean it wont make an impact. In runescape, most skills can be maxed ridiculously easily with a large sum of cash. However, in games like Warcraft, money doesn't decide entirely who is the best.

so then it will be like warcraft, where only the no-life hardcore players are "the best"- instead of the average guy who makes a few good investments and plays for a few hours a day on runescape- i'd preffer the latter.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

i pity the foo.

so then it will be like warcraft, where only the no-life hardcore players are "the best"- instead of the average guy who makes a few good investments and plays for a few hours a day on runescape- i'd preffer the latter.

I never said that :ugeek: . However, I'm sure Jagex will prevent your ideal game from happening again.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

well, if it is aimed at 20+, and it is based more on grinding then skill, i'm sure it will be the ideal game for those who spend days and nights inside their mother's basement.

WASD movement please. :thumbsup:

Graphics are overrated, but I still can't wait to see MechScape's terrain & scenery.

Four races.. awesome. :D Hopefully it doesn't end up like WoW though, were members of the opposite faction are constantly having a go at each other.

I wonder how they'll counter grinding though.. Only time will tell.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

No clicking please! Preferably, I'd like a key which you can press next to a npc and it brings up their rubbish.

And the biggest question: Is tip.it going to make a Mechscape board?

Hmm, I was wondering if they would make a Mechscape board... but Imagine they'd leave most of the MechScape fansiting to MechScape World...

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Some people have waaay to much spare time :geek:

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Seems like a very good game to me. I like science-fiction quite much so I might very well try this game out, at least for a little while, when it comes out. However, I won't quit RS just to play Mechscape. I would never do that for any game :P.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

No clicking please! Preferably, I'd like a key which you can press next to a npc and it brings up their rubbish.

And the biggest question: Is tip.it going to make a Mechscape board?

Well, is this an RS fansite or a Jagex fansite? There's nothing on here about Funorb, for example.

Based on that I'd say they won't. Of course, they could still release a Mechscape board and give those of us that like Funorb the shaft (Shattered Plans FTW!).

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png