Aurora Borealis Photographs

ArmadylArcher

By popular request by the HYT crew clan chat I present my aurora photography

3449042595_253ba7225d.jpg?v=0

3448918670_9878a31f42.jpg?v=0

3279435481_e2b159b888.jpg?v=0

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karljohnston

http://www.wix.com/karljohnston/karl-johnston

I was inspired to post this because ...well I just want to share the beauty of the aurora borealis, mostly.

Also I wanted to make a point...I often see and hear (probably everyone does) that people give runescape a bad rep. If you play it you're a no-lifer. I haven't personally been on runescape in1 and a half years + and this is my first week being back, though I've heard this a lot even now.

Granted who gives what people say...though I wanted to share that thought; we're not no lifers because we play rune :D A lot of us do have careers, degrees, schools, companies, kids, marriages, friends and just because we play a random online game does not mean we're avoiding life or "wasting our potential" as someone recently put it in the clan chat.

If you want to see more, check out my websites...if you really want to own a print, contact me on the contact form about which one you would like and what size (some sizes are limited to certain proportions).

Overall; enjoy ;).

Very nice. The aurora is definitely one of the things I want to see at some point. I've seen a small glimpse of one here but nothing that spectacular. Where did you take the photos?

sig2ho7.jpg

Absolutly beautiful. I've always wanted to see the Auroura once in my life but living in Australia limits me because its on the other side of the world.....or Antartica but I dont have that kind of funding. :lol:

Popoto.~<3

I've only managed to glimpse a small tiny one in my whole entire lifetime.

But seeing a full blown one is definatly on my Bucket List. Right underneath "Shooting a Sniper Rifle"

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I'm glad they're well received:D

:thumbsup:

I see these every night, it's a wonder that people don't go out and watch them more but here its like "Oh auroras...cool"

-.- I've seen these things for a decade, every night, and every night they stun me.

I'm hoping that one of them will get shown in Telegraph UK this week; they're doing a feature on auroras in the Arctic Circle.

I'm frequently on http://www.spaceweather.com where I have a couple shots on their aurora gallery...lots of interesting astrophotography and astronomy information if you're all interested in learning more.

Definitly something i'd like to see first hand. Brilliant photos. :thumbup:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Used to be a weekly occurrence up here when I was younger, but I haven't seen any for a couple years now. Quite sad really, they were always pretty.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I see these every night, it's a wonder that people don't go out and watch them more but here its like "Oh auroras...cool"

-.- I've seen these things for a decade, every night, and every night they stun me.

EVERY night?! What the hell? Where are you?!

EDIT: You should post more things in the Gallery next time you're here :)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Radiation from the sun or something.

I want to see them for myself one day. :D

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Beautiful :shock:. Do you have a deivnatART?

This should be in the gallery, shouldn't it?

I just saw that forum, lol, I posted up a topic in there as well as my information in the photographer II thread.

I don't use or support Deviantart...I'm also anti-walmart, lol. Deviantart...let's just say they really really really rip the artist off in terms of print sales and I don't like how commercial their operation is. To me, that's not what art should be about...though there are some great artists on there.

Radiation from the sun or something.

I want to see them for myself one day. :D

not just that, but also the magnetic field in the area along with Solar wind. So the Static charged through a Spectre (aka Sun) along a wind causes them. but enough of that dill dally stuff. heres a Link on it

Popoto.~<3

EVERY night?! What the hell? Where are you?!

EDIT: You should post more things in the Gallery next time you're here :)

Kaphias lives in South Central Alaska, like me. And I add a +1 to his post, haven't seen em since I was like 10.

Beautiful :shock:. Do you have a deivnatART?

This should be in the gallery, shouldn't it?

I just saw that forum, lol, I posted up a topic in there as well as my information in the photographer II thread.

I don't use or support Deviantart...I'm also anti-walmart, lol. Deviantart...let's just say they really really really rip the artist off in terms of print sales and I don't like how commercial their operation is. To me, that's not what art should be about...though there are some great artists on there.

Ah, okay.

I have to agree with you about dA, the prints are a terrible deal and yes it's very commercial, but I do like it in general.

Ranger Boot Count: 1 :lol:

Zerkers: 4 Hatchets: 2 Warriors: 2