Aviansies TANKING setup (95 defense, 33m spending limit)

sumondskull6

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bandos Tassets > Torag's legs

Both have -7 ranged attack. Tassets have higher ranged defence.

Verac's skirt is better still. +4 prayer :thumbup:

Yes. :thumbup:

Okay I am tired of holding my tongue. Death, you are a complete spammer. Please, please, PLEASE stop posting replies to every little comment anyone makes in threads that are NOT EVEN YOUR OWN. You have been here a month and already have near 700 post count, not that there is anything wrong with being active but Jesus after seeing what you post I am in no way surprised at all.

Just post your help or advice aimed at the thread creator and move on your way, there is nothing wrong with checking back up on a thread and either revising your original post or making another RELEVANT contribution to the thread. Don't just post smilies and one word replies. That in no way shape or form helps the OP.

Thanks for your time.

---------

Now back on track.

I don't know what eveyone's problem with Void is, you have 95 defence, you should not really be concerning yourself with "does this outfit have not enough defence", things like that. As long as you are not wearing paper armor you should be fine.

At 99 defence, prior to summoning, I tanked in Void and I had no problems, sometimes I did take a substantial "beating" and other times I'd kill 2-4 without taking a hit. Isn't that the way RS goes?

I am still a firm believer in using void to tank so you can give that a go. I used a Zammy book too if I am not mistaken also I used the necklace as my arma item of choice (yeh lost out on the fury in all its greatness :oops: but it still worked out pretty well)

Give it a try for yourself and see what you think, no one can tell you what works for you best other than you.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Personally I would aim for max offense with your stats.

At 80 defense and 78 range I'm fine with just a bunyip, some baskets of strawberries and 150 range defense.

I'm guessing if you has to use void, rune cbow, broad bolts, ranger boots, archers ring and range pots you would be fine with a bunyip and either strawberries or B2P. As you should be able to kill them before they do much damage, if any.

This is what I would try.

Void Helm - ranger of course

Arma Pendant

Void Top

Void Bottoms

Rune C'bow + Broad bolts

Unholy book (replace with Blessed spirit shield or DFS if you get hit too much)

Void Gloves

Ranger Boots

Archer Ring

Ava's acculator

Inventory of about 6 bunyips 2 summoning pots, 10/12 range pots, then the rest natures, fires and strawberries/drop room.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

At 80 defense and 78 range I'm fine with just a bunyip, some baskets of strawberries and 150 range defense.

I'm guessing if you has to use void, rune cbow, broad bolts, ranger boots, archers ring and range pots you would be fine with a bunyip and either strawberries or B2P. As you should be able to kill them before they do much damage, if any.

Arma Pendant

Void Top

Void Bottoms

Rune C'bow + Broad bolts

Void Gloves

Ranger Boots

Archer Ring

Ava's acculator

Inventory of about 6 bunyips 2 summoning pots, 10/12 range pots, then the rest natures, fires and strawberries/drop room.

I think I'm going to try that, 95 defense, enhanced excalibur, bunyips + BTP, It seems like that should be enough.

Although, if I get rid of the book I wouldn't have a zammy item, I'm thinking shield?

Sumondskull6.png

I think I'm going to try that, 95 defense, enhanced excalibur, bunyips + BTP, It seems like that should be enough.

Although, if I get rid of the book I wouldn't have a zammy item, I'm thinking shield?

#-o didn't realize that. Either zammy kite or go to the arma area via the shortcut I'm fairy sure there aren't any other followers in that zone (don't quote me).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

#-o didn't realize that. Either zammy kite or go to the arma area via the shortcut I'm fairy sure there aren't any other followers in that zone (don't quote me).

there are zamorak followers in the eiryie

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Void will do fine. Use armadyl amulet and a zamorak kiteshield. For gods sake, you're 95 defence. Bring an enchanced excalibur if you have, if not, bring the normal excalibur.

Edit: And a summon of course, with b2p.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I find Void to be ineffective here, I just get hit too often and 'Yips cant keep up.

My personal Preference is:

Helm : Torag.

Chest: Zammy d'hide.

Legs: Verac

Feet: Rangers boots

Gloves: Barrows

Cape: Avas' Accumulator

Necklace: Armadyls' Pendant

Sheild: Dragon Square (edit: Easily replaced with DFS, but im a cheapskate and despise the DFS immeasureably)

Ring: Ring of Wealth

Obviously Rune cbow + broad bolts (cost effective and still powerful)

I Take about 10 'Yips and the Enhanced Excalibur. 'Yips normally keep me topped up, and if things get Hairy, i pop the Excalibur and im good to go again.

I got just shy of 1000 KC on my last trip, and only left because i ran out of bolts. (Didn't really think that part through)

Professionally disposing of Trolls since 1999

Currently: Slaying Again YAY

Arma Pendant

Void Top

Void Bottoms

Rune C'bow + Broad bolts

Void Gloves

Ranger Boots

Archer Ring

Ava's acculator

Don't bother with any BTP tabs.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I find Void to be ineffective here, I just get hit too often and 'Yips cant keep up.

My personal Preference is:

Helm : Torag.

Chest: Zammy d'hide.

Legs: Verac

Feet: Rangers boots

Gloves: Barrows

Cape: Avas' Accumulator

Necklace: Armadyls' Pendant

Sheild: Dragon Square (edit: Easily replaced with DFS, but im a cheapskate and despise the DFS immeasureably)

Ring: Ring of Wealth

Obviously Rune cbow + broad bolts (cost effective and still powerful)

I Take about 10 'Yips and the Enhanced Excalibur. 'Yips normally keep me topped up, and if things get Hairy, i pop the Excalibur and im good to go again.

I got just shy of 1000 KC on my last trip, and only left because i ran out of bolts. (Didn't really think that part through)

Your joking about using that setup right?

At 80 defense I can get away with a 160 range defense bonus and not get hit too much. (Using bunyip, a small amount of food and the rare B2P tab)

Granite shield has 15 more range defense then the dragon square and costs much less.

Ring of Wealth has been proven to reduce your profit per kill by a far bit.

Replace Ranger Boots with arma helm, fury and snake skin for a far better range bonus for almost the same price.

Instant saving of a few hundred k (the shield) and results in better profit down the line.

You shouldn't be aiming to camp for more then about 500 or 600 kills as you lose a lot of money in herbs and such.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Your joking about using that setup right?

At 80 defense I can get away with a 160 range defense bonus and not get hit too much. (Using bunyip, a small amount of food and the rare B2P tab)

Granite shield has 15 more range defense then the dragon square and costs much less.

Ring of Wealth has been proven to reduce your profit per kill by a far bit.

Replace Ranger Boots with arma helm, fury and snake skin for a far better range bonus for almost the same price.

Instant saving of a few hundred k (the shield) and results in better profit down the line.

You shouldn't be aiming to camp for more then about 500 or 600 kills as you lose a lot of money in herbs and such.

I need NO food, i barely need the Bunyip. Its just preference.

The reason i stack on defence over attack is to stay for as long as possible, but my play style is probably completely different to yours. And i also target the higher leveled Avainsies to prevent people wandering along and stealing them from me.

And my gear is based around what i've managed to aquire for other tasks, nothing in my set up was bought specifically for Aviansies (as aformentioned i AM a cheapskate, i also want to MAkE money there, not spend)

Back on topic: Just experiment a little with different set ups. By all means see how Void works out, and if you hate it, try some others' methods, generally there is no RIGHT/BEST way to do most things, theres pros and cons to everything, most of it just boils down to personal choice.

Professionally disposing of Trolls since 1999

Currently: Slaying Again YAY

I'm thinking about tanking aviansies, 99 range has always been a small goal of mine and I would love to make a little more cash. I know how to tank them, I've tanked them before, I'm not new to it. So please don't give me a lecture on what to do.

I just want to know setups you've heard about, used, seen, or just thought up.

Thanks,

Sumondskull6

Best Ranged Attack bonus gear or Void with Bone to peach/Bunyip/Enchanced Excalibur

errr.

granite shield destroys your range bonus

veracs skirt give [poo] range defense.

dragon boots give no range defense

why doesn't anyone use barrows gloves?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

errr.

granite shield is the best defence if you dont have dfs

verac skirt gives pray

they either think it does or dont take it off from being mlee

because its just +1 more then black vambs and you need protections from gods

Monkfish are more cost-effective and heal more per bite. If using B2P you don't really need pizzas.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Wich ones are you guys fighting and arn't pineapple pizza better then monk fish?

I'm using BTP, so the food I use at the beginning is irrelevant, and I'm killing them inside the Eyrie, why?

nothing cause iv been to eyrie and never been able to camp with b2p dont know why

Wich ones are you guys fighting and arn't pineapple pizza better then monk fish?

I'm using BTP, so the food I use at the beginning is irrelevant, and I'm killing them inside the Eyrie, why?

nothing cause iv been to eyrie and never been able to camp with b2p dont know why

Probably because you have 70 defense, and you most likely don't use good armor.

Sumondskull6.png

iv had another file tanked there with 80-90 def

errr.

granite shield is the best defence if you dont have dfs

verac skirt gives pray

they either think it does or dont take it off from being mlee

because its just +1 more then black vambs and you need protections from gods

granite gives -8 ranged attack -.-

if your going to pray then why not bring a prayer book?

-

but it also gives wayy better pray and defense bonuses and helps if u use guthans

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

iv had another file tanked there with 80-90 def

Unless you were using plan old d'hide then I really don't think you should have any problem with a defense level of 80-90, anyhow that's getting off topic.

Sumondskull6.png