New minor update

noble_aloof

hello, recently in the minor updates section of the new quest, a small change is noted:

Several items that previously damaged you when used can no longer kill you. Don't worry, though - you can still use them to reduce your Hitpoints if you want to.

why didn't they do this almost 2 years ago instead of nerfing rock cakes?

if they are going to do this, jagex might at least make rock cakes spam-clickable again..

discuss.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

it appears that way.

however they slowed down the rock cake clip speed because of this, years ago.

if they wanted to stop them from killing themselves, why wasn't this implemented back then?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

They stopped it because some people have the cakes and some does not, and the ones does not felt left out. So they demanded to be equal and Jagex changed it.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

They stopped it because some people have the cakes and some does not, and the ones does not felt left out. So they demanded to be equal and Jagex changed it.

ingles por favor?

Uh....what? o_O.

If you're saying that they did this update in order to make it equal for those who can use the cakes and for those who can't, I doubt so, I'm pretty sure it was to avoid the accidental deaths

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

ingles por favor?

You do know that is a bit rude? -.- I rushed through the post because I was a bit busy, and I don't think is totally rubbish, but anyway I will rephrase it.

Jagex stopped players from spam clicking the cakes because some players have the cakes and some do not. The ones do not have the cake sees the advantage of the cake and felt it is not fair to them because they didn't know at the time how to get it. So Jagex stopped players from spamming the cake, which takes away its advantage, making it useless, and now everyone is happy.

PS: The OP said why didn't Jagex done this 2 years ago when they nerfed the rock cakes, and I just said that it was for a different reason, thats all. I do believe that this update was to prevent accidental deaths. :?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

i actually have some recollection of people whining because they didn't keep their rock cake from rfd. i doubt jagex made the original nerf because of whining noobs

i remembe at least a sub-point of the original nerf (on the forums) dealth with accidental death dharockers

i actually have some recollection of people whining because they didn't keep their rock cake from rfd. i doubt jagex made the original nerf because of whining noobs

Well I thought Jagex wanted to make the game's features accessible to everyone. If that is not their reason, then is probably because people with the cakes are sort of using a bug. :?

11-1.jpg[

Well I thought Jagex wanted to make the game's features accessible to everyone. If that is not their reason, then is probably because people with the cakes are sort of using a bug. :?

if jagex really wanted to actually make the game's feature accessible to everyone, WHY didn't they?

and it wasn't really a bug- it was only used for dharoks and people who wanted to use "redemption"

ingles por favor?

Uh....what? o_O.

If you're saying that they did this update in order to make it equal for those who can use the cakes and for those who can't, I doubt so, I'm pretty sure it was to avoid the accidental deaths

He said english please.

your absolutely right. I'll probably dump a mil or two into zammy brews then, after i check it over.

For the past year or more Jagex has been doing all the little things they can to make death as managable as they could. This, along with the advent of gravestones, and the removal of PKing(not the reason it was done, but still had an effect) has made dying not the big deal it once was.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

For the past year or more Jagex has been doing all the little things they can to make death as managable as they could. This, along with the advent of gravestones, and the removal of PKing(not the reason it was done, but still had an effect) has made dying not the big deal it once was.

Well. The problem was people would die, lose all of their stuff(Stuff that could take months or even years for a player to buy), and then quit. It can still be pretty bad if you don't get to your gravestone in time.

I think 3 items kept on death just isn't enough. It should be everything you're wearing plus 3 items.

If it was like that, then dying would mean almost nothing. I mean, I died at Gargoyles due to a stupid issue and couldn't get back to it in time. Lost around 10 mill. But other than stuff like that, death isn't nearly that dangerous anymore.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

You can get rock cakes from Gu'Tanoth, and they have the same effect. Then there's unidentified liquid, nightshades etc. So there's no reason for anyone to whine.

You can get rock cakes from Gu'Tanoth, and they have the same effect. Then there's unidentified liquid, nightshades etc. So there's no reason for anyone to whine.

the RFD rock cake, when eaten, doesn't go away though.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

i remember in the old days.. like in 2006 on my main. when somebody died.. the next day you'd go into school everyone at the lunch table is like "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH GEORGIE DIED!!!!!!!!" \'

it was a big deal.. these days its like "OOOOOOOOHHHHH WE'RE IN HIGHSCHOOL AND WE HAVE GRAVESTONES"