If 99 str is so common, should I feel proud to get it?

Neilson1111

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's what you think that matters, you've set out to get a goal that YOU personally like, so don't worry about other's opinions, half the time, the players that judge you by what 99 skill you have achieved don't even have a stat over 70+ -.-

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

99 strength is a good cape and achievement because unlike some other capes that are widely gotten *cough*firemaking*cough* 99 strength actually has a use.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

99 strength is a good cape and achievement because unlike some other capes that are widely gotten *cough*firemaking*cough* 99 strength actually has a use.

Hehe, well, i'm going for 99 fishing, bit more usefull you could say eh? :thumbsup:

blogsignature.png

Hehe, well, i'm going for 99 fishing, bit more usefull you could say eh? :thumbsup:

Yes

Really? It seems I don't see half as many 99 slayers as 99 combat, cooking, firemaking, fletching or woodcutting.

You should remember that slayer hasn't been out as long as those skills and it also requires membership.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Yes, 99 Str is the most common 99, but it's common for a very different reason than either Cooking or Fletching. With Cooking and Fletching, you have people who want an easy first 99. With 99 Str, you have arguably one of the most useful skills in the game. Str is one of the few skills that has benefits all the way up to 99. Since it makes training faster, it's logical that people would want to get it first on their way to eventual 138-ness. Also, you've got thousands of pures who got 99 Str to PK with.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

As previously said, 99 Strength is one of the few skills that benefits us all the way to 99, And at the end of the day, many people have different views, For example, A skillers point of view may be that 99 strength is a useless skill because it doesn't do much for them, But a more combat orientated player will most likely think different.

blogsignature.png

"Sorry to say man, but 99 strength is so common, I see at least 20 people with a cape everyday, I even saw 10 people perform the str cape emote in a single line." Clan member-

99 Strength is common because it is one of the most useful skills. 99 Herblore is rare because it is completely useless and wastes a lot of wealth.

That kind of thinking (in the quote) is a result of RuneScape becoming CapeScape, where skills are trained for the capes only and not for the real rewards.

I get annoyed when people say 99 Strength is not a good achivement.

Around 65,000 have 99 cooking and as was said a lil over 80,000 people have 99 Strength. Does that mean 99 cooking is a better achievement? I think not and i think everyone else will agree with me.

99 Strength is a POPULAR 99 to get, it is still a 99 that takes time and effort to get.

BE HAPPY :thumbsup:

MujGunGetDiv.png

I personally think strength is less useful than attack/defese, but I JUST came to the realisation that it's a greater ACHIEVEMENT. Using a SS or even a Dragon Scimitars, it takes more time to get 99 than attack/defense, therefore it is more of an achievement, as long as you actually trained it insted of using sw/pc.

Sumondskull6.png

I personally think strength is less useful than attack/defese, but I JUST came to the realisation that it's a greater ACHIEVEMENT. Using a SS or even a Dragon Scimitars, it takes more time to get 99 than attack/defense, therefore it is more of an achievement, as long as you actually trained it insted of using sw/pc.

yep, I used a d scimmy.

That was NOT fun.

I sold that rascal to the .g.e. once i hit 99 str, before I got the cape.

Lol

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

I personally think strength is less useful than attack/defese, but I JUST came to the realisation that it's a greater ACHIEVEMENT.

Agreed, although 99 in anything is an achievement imo and anyone getting any of them should be proud about it

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

Why not? You worked hard for it.

Since I have 99 cooking, which I get hated on for more than I get compliments for, I felt like I earned it. I spent plenty of time working. As did you, moreso than I did. You should feel proud. Fo' real.

goblin512.png

I've been thinking about this recently, as I am currently aiming towards 99 Strength as my first 99 skill.

My opinion is, mastery of ANY skill is an achievement, and something to feel proud of. This may be a odd comparison, but people graduation Univercity's are common, but does that de-value the qualification they recieve?! I think not.

So I think you should ignore all comments on wether this is a common 99 or not, the fact is you have put the time and effort into achieving it, and should feel proud in doing so!

Climber_Kid.png

Current Goal

Climber_Kid.png

I personally think strength is less useful than attack/defese, but I JUST came to the realisation that it's a greater ACHIEVEMENT.

Agreed, although 99 in anything is an achievement imo and anyone getting any of them should be proud about it

What do you mean its a greater achievement O_O

Well, if your saying its hard training with a d scimmy I agree with you then.

It's literally hell

Slayer Drops:

All 99s will become common at some point in time.

It may be common, but it requires time and effort like all other 99s.

I would feel proud with any 99 no matter how common and you should feel proud of yourself as well :)

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

I would feel proud with any 99 no matter how common and you should feel proud of yourself as well :)

Yeah =) Going for 99 attack now ^^

Slayer Drops:

I get asked at times about the point of having 99 agility and thief...

I just say I like the skills, no matter what the others think. :D

Strenght is a 99, and you should be well proud of it ;D

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

Yeah =) Going for 99 attack now ^^

Good luck :)

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

At some point in time, even herblore, construction, agility ect.., will all become common, but they will always be a great achievement, so never worry about what anyone says ;)

blogsignature.png

Proud; no.

Happy; yes.

It might not be hard to achieve or be uncommon, but it's still a useful 99.

*cough* stop being a nub dj <3:

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3