If 99 str is so common, should I feel proud to get it?

Neilson1111

Just feel proud about yourself. It's your achievement, and if you think it cost you a lot of time and dedication, then you can be proud of yourselves. Just don't expect any respect for it, because indeed, it's extremely common, so you can't expect anyone to marvel at your strength cape.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell shouldn't you be proud of your achievements? Just because it's common doesn't mean it's ludicrously easy. Besides, what should you care of what everyone else thinks of your 99? If they like it, they like it; if they don't, they don't.

Linux User/Enthusiast | Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I usually use my whip

I'm no expert, but I don't think 84 attack, 80 defense and 99 strength adds up with "usually" using your whip -- you're practically a strength pure.

TO everyone who quoted,thanks for your support.

and punitive.

I usually DO use my whip, but when I hit 90 str, I stuck to my d scimmy.

When I hit 99, I instantly sold the scimmy :pray: =P

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

You should as long as you didn't PC or bandit it.

Also take comfort in the fact that 99 str is actually useful unlike skills like firemaking that people max out then never touch again.

True that man.

And I can't stand things like PC and bandits...

Bandits are annoying when people come kill yours

PC is hard cause there are nubs who always come and crash your world.

So yea,,, SLAYER FTW <3

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

It is, without a doubt, an achievment in my eyes. I'm currently at the 5m mark and I've already put it much effort and time. So, 99 is still pretty far away. As such, the amount of dedication and effort that you've put in has already more than doubled of mine and I strongly believe that it deserves much respect and you should feel proud to get it.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Just because it's common doesn't mean it's less of an achievement. Strenght was my first 99, and even tho there weren't 80k (seriously?!) people with it back then its a HOT cape, a great and usefull 99 to have and in my opinion any 99 is a huge and marvelous achievement.

Congratz on the cape and the level which you've probably gotten by now :)

~ Opinions mean immunity for beeing told you're wrong ~

sigster2.gif

99 str is my personal favorite out of all the melee combat stats, yes it is worth it, its a great 99.

any combat 99s are respectable, not the pointless buyables that you wouldnt get 99 in if skills capes didnt exist.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

The amount of people who have it does not directly correlate with how difficult it is to obtain. When compared to skills like Thieving and Cooking, Strength is actually a challenge. It's just that many people desire having it so the "demand" for having 99 Str is high. There are also a high number of 99 Slayers now. Even though it's a hard skill, it has a lot of level 99ers because it is highly desirable.

There are also a high number of 99 Slayers now. Even though it's a hard skill, it has a lot of level 99ers because it is highly desirable.

Really? It seems I don't see half as many 99 slayers as 99 combat, cooking, firemaking, fletching or woodcutting.

punitivedsig.png

There are also a high number of 99 Slayers now. Even though it's a hard skill, it has a lot of level 99ers because it is highly desirable.

Really? It seems I don't see half as many 99 slayers as 99 combat, cooking, firemaking, fletching or woodcutting.

A lot compared to the skills that have similar Xp rates (Mining, Farming, Runecrafting, etc.) Even though Slayer is slower than these slow skills , there are more people who have 99 than you would think because Slayer is highly desirable - not because it is "easy".

Even though Slayer is slower than these slow skills , there are more people who have 99 than you would think because Slayer is highly desirable - not because it is "easy".

Maybe, but keep in mind that slayer is desireable only to level 83 (max money comes from spiritual mages). After that, people are training it because they like it, not because it's desireable for some other reason.

punitivedsig.png

A wise man once said "Hey, if 99 Fletching is so easy, why can't I get it?" He proceeded to attempt to get a fletching cape and gave up after an hour of knifing logs into oblivion. (I'm reffering, of course, to me :thumbsup:)

Seriously, even though a lot of people have a 99 doesn't mean it's worthless (except Cooking... No offense to all those that own Cooking capes). If it's something you want, it doesn't matter what other people think. My current long-term goal is 99 Defense, and I stick with it even though people ridicule me saying it's "pointless".

On a side-note, 99 Strength is one of the most useful 99's there is and that's probably why so many people have it.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

Maybe, but keep in mind that slayer is desireable only to level 83 (max money comes from spiritual mages). After that, people are training it because they like it, not because it's desireable for some other reason.

There are still an usually high amount of 99 Slayers when compared to the amount of 99ers there are for the skills with a similar Xp rate.