If 99 str is so common, should I feel proud to get it?

Neilson1111

I am currently 70k exp from 99 strength.

I told my clan members, and one of them said-

"Sorry to say man, but 99 strength is so common, I see at least 20 people with a cape everyday, I even saw 10 people perform the str cape emote in a single line." Clan member-

I'm not demoralized by the guy, but the thought popped up in my mind.

Well, there are 80,000 people(estimate) with a str cape, it wouldn't matter would it?

But if I think of the effort I put in the skill, it's worth it.

My friend said that 13million exp is not easy, and even if it's "common" it's still hard.

Anyone got their thoughts on this?

(P.S. I am waiting to get off school to finish this gap, and finally use my whip after leaving it in the bank for 1 month.) :thumbsup:

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was your decision to train this skill to 99, just because 80,000+ people have it doesn't mean that they didn't work hard for their capes. Anyone who doesn't agree with me shall be crucified :mrgreen:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Getting 99 strength, is just as good as getting 99 Attack or Defense, who care's if it's more popular, if it's something that you wanted and set out to achieve you should feel proud to accomplish your goal.

Dark_Jab.png

Thank you guys -cries- you make me feel alive again!

-Hugs all- <3:<3:<3:

Slayer Drops:

Another 99 topic...I hate these threads.

Anyhow here's my advice:

Get whatever 99 skill that you like. Don't get something that's rare or common, GET WHAT YOU LIKE!

I got 99 defence as the 1st 99, i love the skill hell alot more than the cape..

Even if it was common i wouldn't care.

(P.S. I am waiting to get off school to finish this gap, and finally use my whip after leaving it in the bank for 1 month.) :thumbsup:

This alone makes 99 str a good idea. Although controlled is better, some people simply do not like it. If that's the case, you wanna dump the d scim/sara sword asap.

Of course you should be proud. I have 2 99s, both are insanely common (str and cook). I'm still proud of them, and I regret neither. But eventually, I'll have to get a more impressive one, but that's simply the drive I have.

It's very common, but that is because it is so useful and fun. Who doesnt want to hit as high as he can?

With cooking, fletching and firemaking, the case is different. Nearly everyone gets those because they want a skill cape.

99 str represents the old view towards skills for me, pre-skill capes. Back then, already quite a few people had 99 str, but because they liked it, not because of some stupid emote/cape.

So in answer to your question: you can feel a lil proud, cause timewise, it's still a very long way. However, I think you shouldn't be training that skill to be proud or to get respect, you should train it cause you like to hit the max you can, or because you like training it.

Just feel proud about yourself. It's your achievement, and if you think it cost you a lot of time and dedication, then you can be proud of yourselves. Just don't expect any respect for it, because indeed, it's extremely common, so you can't expect anyone to marvel at your strength cape.

Just feel proud about yourself. It's your achievement, and if you think it cost you a lot of time and dedication, then you can be proud of yourselves. Just don't expect any respect for it, because indeed, it's extremely common, so you can't expect anyone to marvel at your strength cape.

hey dude grats on 99 rcing, I've seen you with 91 like 2 weeks ago =P

Thanks guys, you really made my day. :oops:

Slayer Drops:

A 99 is hard no matter WHAT it is.

Unless it's Firemaking and you have a bunch of fm brawlers...

Anyway, 80,000 people have the cape, millions don't.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I would hardly say it's "common" -- it's still a very impressive achievement, and if it does bother you, but you want it, max out def or attack later.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

this

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

I'd say 99 is a acomplishment you should be proud of, i thought about it before when i was 70 strength and i leveled to 80 and went like: Bah, to hard.

Its a really hard achievement dude, also 99 strength arent the most common. The most common skillcapes is cooking and woodcutting. But that doesn't mean their like 1 week of hard work! its several months of slavery.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

I bet you there are only around 10-20k active playing accounts with 99 strength. A lot of people with 99 strength quit when they found out they couldn't pk/stake.

You also have to take into consideration that probably 70k of those people trained well over half of their strength when Pest Control was overpowered.

Stellactic.gif

I'd say 99 is a acomplishment you should be proud of, i thought about it before when i was 70 strength and i leveled to 80 and went like: Bah, to hard.

Its a really hard achievement dude, also 99 strength arent the most common. The most common skillcapes is cooking and woodcutting. But that doesn't mean their like 1 week of hard work! its several months of slavery.

Strenght is the most common...

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Be proud of something you have (or will) accomplish. The argument that since so many people have it devalues it i don't think should be valid. If i have a kid i shouldn't feel proud because so many other people have them? If i bought a house i shouldn't feel proud because everyone else has one?

Just because people are not envious of something you have doesn't make it any less of an achievement. Just be proud of what YOU have accomplished. Don't judge yourself by other people's standards, judge yourself by your own.

Also take a look at why you or anyone is proud of something. Is it because it shows how hard they worked or are they only getting it to show off? A lot of people these days get things only because other people don't have them, not that they actually want it.

jpegsigtest.jpg