The Running Thread

noble_aloof

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did these things called 30-30's in practice yesterday. You run 200's in 30 seconds or less then you get a 30 second break, then you go again. HOLY [cabbage]. By the end I was almost weeping.

Sounds like what I did on Monday of last week. Unlimited 400's at or under 70 seconds...

I didn't feel like moving at that work out.

2 days later, 10 mile run mostly up hill...

I haven't done any running in ages :/ I've been slack. I might go for one tomorrow morning. But I'm going to set up a training schedule. My coach wants us to keep fit in the off season, and I want to make the top boats, instead of boat, this time. :thumbup: I'll probably draw up some program this weekend for what I should do.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Won league championships for varsity after going 5-0-1. It makes it better since our varsity team last year was 0-9.

Ran 5:03 for the mile (2 second PR), 2:26 for the 800 (1 second PR), and ran the 3200 for no reason (I didn't care about winning or doing good) and got 11:50 with 3rd place.

Won league championships for varsity after going 5-0-1. It makes it better since our varsity team last year was 0-9.

Ran 5:03 for the mile (2 second PR), 2:26 for the 800 (1 second PR).

According to your mile time it looks like your 800 could be at least 6 seconds faster, unless you're more of an endurance runner. I have 5:29 PR in the mile and 2:22 in the 800. Gonna get under 2:20 in the 800 tomorrow and at least 5:20 in the mile on monday (in a freshmen invite).

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

o hey guys! sorry i meant to post earlier this week but i was holding off until our meet on friday, but it ended up getting rained out. i ran a 2:10 leg in the 4x8 (won) and ran a 2:11 in the open 8 for 3rd place.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

My goal is to be able to jog 1.2km in under 6 Minutes. It's the requirement for the Army, and although I'm not joining it, it is a good milestone to start off with to be able to run/jog better, then I'll raise it each time.

SO, As of today (19-APR-2010) My benchmark is to reach 1.2Km/6mins.

Edit: without getting a stitch or slowing down.

Popoto.~<3

I decided, after seeing lots of people on here, and around where I live running that it was time for me to run. So I got up out of my chair and ran roughly 5.5 km. I'm pretty happy about that, only stopped twice, once to cross the road safely, and the other to have a quick drink of water. I don't even know how long it took me, but I'm not too bothered, as long as I can make a habit out of it I will be happy.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

I decided, after seeing lots of people on here, and around where I live running that it was time for me to run. So I got up out of my chair and ran roughly 5.5 km. I'm pretty happy about that, only stopped twice, once to cross the road safely, and the other to have a quick drink of water. I don't even know how long it took me, but I'm not too bothered, as long as I can make a habit out of it I will be happy.

congrats! glad you like running

edit: not sarcastic

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Spontaneous runs are the best.

Once my ankle heals after twisting it last week in rugby, I've decided I'm going for a run at least 4 times a week, aiming for once a day.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

meet today.. ran my leg in the 4x8 in 2:12 to win and ran a 2:10 800 for second place.

Mad that I still haven't broken 5 minutes in the mile...

Current PR is 5:03, got new spikes though, Nike Victories I think.

I got 3 meets to drop around 30 seconds for my goal. Hopefully its possible.

For LJ, just need to get a 17Ft jump in and I'll be happy.

updated personal bests:

40m (no reaction time) 5,4 (March 2010, August 2009)

100m (with reaction time and blocks) 11,17 (March 2010)

400m: 52,76 ( March 2010)

800m: 2:02 (March 2010)

Mile: 4:37 (Jan 2010) (Haven't run since)

3km: 10:14 (March 2010)

5km: 17:47 (March 2010)

half-marathon: 1:27:54 June 2009 (haven't run since)

It's still been too long since I've run an 8km, 10km, 15k or 20k to give an accurate time.

I guess i could say i'm in form for the upcoming season :D

Although it's only 18 days since last time, i've hit some round numbers:

40m (no reaction time) 5,3 (April 2010)

100m (with reaction time and blocks) 10,93 (April 2010)

400m: 52,22 ( March 2010)

800m: 1:58 (!) (April 2010)

Mile: 4:30 (April 2010)

3km: 9:59 (!) (April 2010)

5km: 17:23 (!) (April 2010)

8km 29:37 (during the 10km)

10km 37:47 (April 2010, probably a bad time as it's the first time i've run the 10k in a logn time)

half-marathon: 1:27:54 June 2009 (haven't run since)

It's still been too long since I've run a 15k or a 20k to give accurate times.

I think it's time to focus on tennis technique now, and just do HIIT at same schedule as I am atm to stay in form, or maybe improve a little bit. Dunno if i'll ask for timed results, or just do HIIT instead of running times (if my coaches will allow it).

4:59 mile :D :D :D :D

Happiest...day...of...my...LIFE. I'm still happy about this!

3 More races probably then its XC training season

4:59 mile :D :D :D :D

Happiest...day...of...my...LIFE. I'm still happy about this!

3 More races probably then its XC training season

Good job! :thumbsup:

The anchor of our 4x400 ran a 49.2 yesterday, and they ran less than a tenth of a second off of state with 4 weeks to go. Looks like a state 4x800 and 4x400 for the same relay team :blink:

Personally, I'll just work to shave off a few seconds from the 800 so I can go down as an alternate :smile:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

The anchor of our 4x400 ran a 49.2 yesterday, and they ran less than a tenth of a second off of state with 4 weeks to go. Looks like a state 4x800 and 4x400 for the same relay team :blink:

Personally, I'll just work to shave off a few seconds from the 800 so I can go down as an alternate :smile:

and what grade are u in?

and what grade are u in?

I'm a sophmore; the team has 3 seniors and a sophmore.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

and what grade are u in?

I'm a sophmore; the team has 3 seniors and a sophmore.

Wow, good job. Your going to achieve many great things in the next two years :thumbsup:

Hey guys.. we went to quite a large invitational on friday where teams from 3 different districts attended.

i ran the 4x8 and 800.. the 4x4 ended at 12:35 so it was quite a long day although my races were at 4:45 and 8:45.

4x8 we were seeded 4th against a team we never raced (different district), defending cross country state champion team, and defending district 4x8 team from last year.

the xc champ team ran a 8:03 meet record which is blaaaaazzzinng fast for our part of the state. the defending district champs went 8:12 which i believe was a season pr.

we ended up getting beaten out by the team from a different district (8:23) and another team who slipped past our anchor to beat us by .36 seconds.

so, we ended up fifth with a time of 8:53.45. i ran first leg with a split of 2:08 for a new pr.. next kid ran 2:12, next 2:19, next 2:14. i wasn't too mad at them though, it was a good experience and i doubt ill be running with them for the district race. it is worth mentioning that our 4x8 team currently holds the LC division 1 district2 best time at 8:43, ran a few weeks ago.

then in the 800, i was in heat 3/4 (second fastest) i would have been seeded in the fast heat but i had to run as a different runner for my team.. thus explaining why i was seeded at 2:12.

i got out to a good start (led the first lap) then got reeled in by 3 kids.. in the fast race 4 guys broke 2:00. it was tough. i was 16th out of 46 kids. only got beat by 2 kids in my league(our district has two leagues) and i was told i was only beat by two sophomores and one freshman, the rest juniors and seniors. oh, and i ran a 2:10.3 which is the exact qualifying time for districts.

how much longer do you guys have in your seasons?