Magic: The Gathering

AceBeam

Yeah... Faeries annoy the piss outta me.

Thought Seize is at $20

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh joy! Three hours to the Alara reborn Pre-Release Tournament!

Wait, what? Pre-release? Alara reborn came out two days ago...

Anyway, recently I've been playing in a league with Alara set cards, with a dynamic of destroy lots and make big stuff. This league is fun, because the cards are free, but unfortunately we don't get to keep them.

Flyingjj.png

I love Magic <3: . Right now I'm mostly playing Elder Dragon Highlander with my friends. You choose a legendary creature to be your "general" and then you make a deck of 99 cards of which no two can be the same except for basic lands. Your general starts removed from the game and you can play it as if it were in your hand. When it is destroyed you remove it from the game again and you can play it again, although it costs (2) mana more each time. Currently I have two EDH decks, one built around Scion of the Ur-Dragon and one built around Kaervek the Merciless. It's great fun ::' .

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I only own a stack of Magic cards the height of my computer monitor, and I found that the only fun way to play was to make decks on the spot, both opponents using that same stack of cards split in two. My brother and I would do that almost each night when we were little, and got to know and memorize the cards really well. Those were the only interesting matches I'd ever played. Other then that I found myself being told what to do by nerds with the newest set of cards, no strategy or anything involved.

hiccup.png

I used to play back in high school (I started playing when The Dark expansion came out). I'd been digging through some old boxes when my ex moved out and found my cards! :D I cannot believe the condition of some pretty rare/valuable cards... #-o

On the up side, my 7 year old took a liking to them and I started showing him how to play. He loves it and we play at least twice a day when he comes over on weekends. :thumbsup: I think it really shows how good a game is when it's still enjoyable by varying age groups 16 years after it was first released.

Was anyone here playing when Unglued was released? It's my favorite expansion. I looked through my collection and I'm only missing 9 cards from it. If you're not familiar with it, look it up. The cards are hilarious! I remember reading how one guy took off his jeans and played in his boxers during the release tournament so he wouldn't get hit by the Hurloon Wrangler. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

lol yeah, Unglued and Unhinged were [bleep]ing epic

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Back from the tourney.

I got knocked out of the tourney on the second match. (I fought vs the 2 guys who went on to become 1st place and 2nd place... go figure...)

It was alright though, I left with the best cards.

I managed to pull 4 mythic rares form 8 packs.

Mythic rares have a rate of 1 of 8.

And I also managed to pull a $17 rare. Hells yes.

Spent $40 in total on the new pack, left with about... $100 worth of cards.

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

Back from the tourney.

I got knocked out of the tourney on the second match. (I fought vs the 2 guys who went on to become 1st place and 2nd place... go figure...)

Harsh. I only ever took part in one tournament and that happened to me as well.

Spent $40 in total on the new pack, left with about... $100 worth of cards.

If only my pension fund brought in that kind of return. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Heh, I only play yugioh, but I did buy a couple of MTG for fun.

Got some blue drake-like thing that was foiled. I've no idea what that means.

I used to play that as well. I was a collector fanatic, all cards were mint condition.

Do you know a card called Cyber dragon? They were worth around £80 a while ago. I had four of them :shock:

The things people will do for a piece of card.......

2Xeo5.png

I used to play that as well. I was a collector fanatic, all cards were mint condition.

Do you know a card called Cyber dragon? They were worth around £80 a while ago. I had four of them :shock:

Yeah I know...

Max MTG cards ever reach are $45

Yeah I know...

Most expensive Yugioh card currently is Dark Armed Dragon. Price range for buy it now on ebay is 75-100+ dollars.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Yeah I know...

Most expensive Yugioh card currently is Dark Armed Dragon. Price range for buy it now on ebay is 75-100+ dollars.

Wait what the hell? I could swear I still have one of those somewhere.....

Gonna go look for my old folder.

2Xeo5.png

I have a few yu gi oh cards lying around.

I have a $36 Elemental Hero Glow Neos

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

Wow, gone for a camp of 5 days and this thread took a sudden change of topic.

Could we uh... stay on topic? Trading card games are awesome in general and I wouldn't want this thread to get locked.

That or this thread be changed to just card games in general. But I wouldn't post here a lot.

I know a great topic when I see it.

Hey, M:Tg is a lot of my life, man. I played it from 10 (Invasion, Apocalypse. Great times !)and retired by 17(Lorwyn) because of friends quitting and stupid cards coming out. It was ok when there was just Jitte to overcome, but with plain dumb cards like Tarmogoyf, I said stop and quit competitive play.

Can't say it didn't left a financial and spiritual ( idk ) impact, too. Cards were money and I remember buying a notebook with all the card prices so I can shop well. Hehe. However, if it wasn't for magic, I would have missed a lot of opportunites I have today, like writing.

Anyway. I'm retired from playing, but I became a lvl 1 judge, so if you have any rules questions, feel free to PM me.

sizegf9.jpg

^ my book :^_^:

I don't play anymore, but I'm grateful I played through the best RS times!

lvl 1 judge wut?

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

lvl 1 judge wut?

A judge needs to take a ruling test (for certain card games) to become a judge.

Lvl 1 -> Easy as hell test, qualified to judge SOME small local officially sanctioned organized tournements.

Of course, you can apply to become higher leveled judges to judge more uhhh.... recognized tournements.

This is to the best of my knowledge, be welcome to correct me.

lvl 1 judge wut?

A judge needs to take a ruling test (for certain card games) to become a judge.

Lvl 1 -> Easy as hell test, qualified to judge SOME small local officially sanctioned organized tournements.

Of course, you can apply to become higher leveled judges to judge more uhhh.... recognized tournements.

This is to the best of my knowledge, be welcome to correct me.

You are right. There are actually 5 judge levels, and the higher the level, the wider the experience and sometimes even the rewards. A test for level 1 is easy, but not that much - there are actually about 50 questions to answer and you have to answer 80% successfuly.

However, while higher level judges are a priority pick for a tournament, the level doesn't matter at all.

sizegf9.jpg

^ my book :^_^:

I don't play anymore, but I'm grateful I played through the best RS times!

I don't. I just play the game.

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

• 3 months later...

This might be a necro, but this game is really awesome.

Sept. 26-27 Prereleases for Zendikar all around the U.S. should check 'em out.

On another note,

I just pulled Garruk Wildspeaker, Jace Beleren and Shivan Dragon from 2010 Boosters. <3:

top_lel_face.png

I played this in my sophomore, junior, and senior years in high school daily. And a little bit the year after, but when I was in college, i was too busy and couldn't find anyone to play with me anyway. So I gave about 200-300 dollars worth of cards to my friends younger brothers. I've played a few times since then with borrowed cards, but meh, I'm not into much anymore.

I stopped playing around around the cycle after the Mirari one.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.