Magic: The Gathering

AceBeam

Did a search on it. Shat bricks when I saw no MTG threads.

This is one now.

(I don't know if this would go in the VG section... this is a card game.)

This threads for... I dunno... Favorite mechanics, Awesome strategies, upcoming tournaments and sets, most epic battle you've ever had, that kind of stuff.

I've been a player for what... 4 years now, and I've been watching my dad and his buds play the game for about 9 years. I remember not knowing wtf was going on :P

I started out by using some of my dads decks (Including a Squirrel deck... Which usually wins. (Infinite Squirrel Combo ftw?)) and last christmas I just got my own cards. Grixis Undead deck is pretty freakin badass.

My most awesome battle ever was a White/black vs white deck. I was using White/black clerics, and he was using white life gain... I dont remember all the details of that battle, but every 2nd turn the tides would change majorly. We started the battle at around 7:00, and it ended at 9:00. The last half hour of the match was the best :P One turn, I would be at 50 life, my enemy at 10, the next turn, he'd be at 56 and Id be at 12, and repeat for about... 13 turns. God that was awesome...

yeah...

(Hopes theres actually MTG players here)

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god...always hated that game...

lol

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Oh joy.

I get all excited, thinking "What's this? Someone posted? SOMEONE ON HERE PLAYS THIS?!"

And that's all you post for...?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGEEE!!!!!

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Damn, been a while since I played that game. Loved it though. Put a hole in my pocket aswell, post 2006. Great game in my opinion, better than Yu-Gi-Oh or anything else. Occaisonly go to pre-releases, latest one I went to was the Lorwyn one. Been playing on and off since Urza's saga. Personally I thought Kamigawa was fail. Main reason I stopped playing was most of my friends stopped, and then their friends stopped etc... Also Wizards keep spewing out new rules, sets, blocks and expansions - every 4 - 8 months. Can't be bothered to keep up.

Been in a few sanctioned tournaments, my friend even was offered to go to America, expenses paid, but his mom didn't let him. :lol:

Standard I can't be bothered to play, just takes too much time to make a current deck.

I lol'ed when you said your DAD's decks.

Some of my staples decks [i had a few] white weenie, elves (revamped that when future sight came out), cant remember too many of my set specific decks, but in timespiral I had a dragonstorm, blue control. Favourite decks include Boros/Burn - simple and effective. Red Green Aggro, and Suspend decks.

Been several years since I last played, so my memory is still hazy.

Do you still play Ace ?

As a matter of fact I was just at the local card shop playin a few rounds 5 hours ago.

After tomorrow is a launch tourny for Alara Reborn, I'm going.

Today though, I layed down the law. For a bit, I was using my 5 colored deck, which is an extremely altered form of the recent Green/white/red deck. My enemies thought me no threat, so they went off and killed each other. The remaining enemy had Sac'd all of his land for a spell to kill the other guy with. So what was left was Me with my 8 mana and 2 5/5 creatures, and my enemy with no mana and a 1/1. I stalled 3 turns and then killed him off with my elephant.

Next game I owned even more. It was just me using a Black/Red/Blue deck and my enemy using Red Goblins. I managed to turn my 1/1 first striker into a 21/21 Flying First striker with "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, that player discards two cards" and "Whenever a creature is put into the graveyard from play, this creature gains +1/+1. It. Was. AWESOME.

Edit: And what's so funny about using my dads deck?

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

I mainly play Casual, in various multiplayer formats. My strategy generally involves making everyone die (including myself) and ending the game in a draw. I'll post the decklist of the zombie deck designed for that purpose in a moment.

WHEN I played I used a blue/white flying defensive.Somehow I tended to win -.-

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I don't really play but it's something of a cult among my brother's boy scout troop, so he's got a bunch of cards. I beat him with his green(ish) deck, he's not that good. I've always had a penchant for strategy games though... I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh! but now with all the 5D crap it's just dumb... But I think had I a ton of money I'd go buy some MTG cards. I like Wizards of the Coast (but owned by Hasbro)... People who make MTG and D&D if you didn't know... I've already given them too much of my money though... Spent like $200 (not kidding) on D&D stuff.

I used to play this, but my friends stopped, and I couldn't afford to keep up/ play at Friday Night Magics.

I still have all my cards though, if something should come up...

I knew people at high school who would play this. They would do 3v3 or 2v2 during lunch. Since they were also like the only PC Gamers in my grade so I had occasionally chats with them, they wanted me to get involved in Magic, but I've already had experience with Yu-Gi-Oh, just a scam where you got to keep buying the new cards to keep competitive, I hated having duels and then someone pulls an pwnage card and you just get owned.

Wow. People actually DO play this :D

Damn I'm pumped for tomorrow. I wonder what promos there'll be for this launch tourny?

Last one was a playmat, a limited pre-release foil alternate art Obelisk of Alara, and a poster.

Though last tourny I got pwned...

Oh yeah, fastortoise, your cousin is a [wagon]. The see through plastic sleeves are stupid, and especially stupid to put a Black Lotus in... Those things can sell for $700 - $2000.

He needs one of those collector sleeves (made of some sort of plexi-glass like material, see through)

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

My most awesome battle ever was a White/black vs white deck. I was using White/black clerics, and he was using white life gain... I dont remember all the details of that battle, but every 2nd turn the tides would change majorly. We started the battle at around 7:00, and it ended at 9:00. The last half hour of the match was the best :P One turn, I would be at 50 life, my enemy at 10, the next turn, he'd be at 56 and Id be at 12, and repeat for about... 13 turns. God that was awesome...

i don't know what the tides are or what 50 life and 10 life and then 56 and 12 means, I'm guessing it has to do something semi-close to HP, but who knows.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

At one turn One of us would be dominating and about to win, the next turn, it would change.

Lemme say this Runescape styled. Me: 99 health, enemy 3 health. next turn, me 3 health, enemy 95.

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

Magic: The Gathering.......hmmm. Not a bad game but I refuse to play a game with insane rules that ban entire sets every two months. I'm sorry but spending $200+ per year to play seems [developmentally delayed]ed.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

... You don't HAVE to pay $200 a year :l

Where the hell do you guys buy your cards at?! 7-11?!

And about the set banning... What?

Just play the freakin game.

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

... You don't HAVE to pay $200 a year :l

Where the hell do you guys buy your cards at?! 7-11?!

And about the set banning... What?

Just play the freakin game.

Type 2 tournaments.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Yeah, playing standard is a [bleep]. Damn WotC. Why the hell do they release new sets every 6 months. Usually I just play mixed double headed. Of course there are some restrictions - all of them from Mirrodin. I'm talking Skull Clamp and Disciple. Artifact affinity decks are awesome.

EDIT: Damn, talking like this makes me want to play again...

:ugeek:

love magic! got a nice little soldier deck atm :thumbsup: Need another Auriok Steelshaper though. He's epic :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

Oh joy! Three hours to the Alara reborn Pre-Release Tournament!

I can't wait to be murdered by the bat[cabbage] insane cards coming out!

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

Oh joy! Three hours to the Alara reborn Pre-Release Tournament!

I can't wait to be murdered by the [cabbage] insane cards coming out!

Is Faeries still at the top of standard ?

Thought Seize still at $25 ?