Magic: The Gathering

AceBeam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeeze I thought I would never find others who played this epic game ::' ::'

I have a pretty mean White deck and a decent elf (Green) deck, used to go to a lot of tournies but kinda stopped goin, I like though, How all of my cards are NO NEWER then like 7th or 8th Edition.

so no new cheap cards lol.

good ol' oldschool

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I have a few yu gi oh cards lying around.

I have a $36 Elemental Hero Glow Neos

I have a first edition 76$ Mirror Force. :D

Yu Gi Oh was so much better than Magic. But neither will ever compare to Pokemon(fad wise).

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I bought a packet or two of these.

I was like wtf? And got rid of them...Feel bad now. Sounds like an ownage game. I might get started, sounds heaps better than Yu-Gi-Oh. My Moki Moki deck, although fun and comical, didn't really stand up to the competition. Friggin 5D...

disturbeda.png

I use to play every friday night at a local shop but it was just a money sink for me and I had to stop. The game was mildly entertaining, but I couldn't afford to pay an entry fee of $20 a week and see the future of the guys that had $5000+ worth of cards on them every week. It got kinda sad :? ...

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Yu Gi Oh was so much better than Magic. But neither will ever compare to Pokemon(fad wise).

Sorry, but first edition Mirror Force is abot, oh, $20-30 in todays game. God damn, whats with people posting these ridiculous prices? To find out what a card is REALLY worth, you need to check up on eBay, not some price guide websites.

Sorry, but first edition Mirror Force is abot, oh, $20-30 in todays game. God damn, whats with people posting these ridiculous prices? To find out what a card is REALLY worth, you need to check up on eBay, not some price guide websites.

I had a mirror force, (don't think it was first edition) but I stupidly sold it to some kid. Who dropped it down the toilet. I gave it to him for some ridiculously low price, too.

mbqyk3.gif

Say WHAAAAAAAT!

I would have thought the price would stay considering it's an original (wouldn't that increase it's rarity?) and it's 1st edition. Last time I checked it was $76. I can't believe it dropped that much, that kinda sucks. But I paid $3.99 for it, so whatever.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I actually won a two-headed giant extended tournament last weekend, with the following list:[hide=]2 Forest

2 Island

3 Mountain

2 Plains

3 Swamp

4 Ardent Plea

4 Darksteel Ingot

4 Demonic Dread

4 Fieldmist Borderpost

4 Firewild Borderpost

4 March of the Machines

4 Mistvein Borderpost

4 Phyrexian Totem

4 Restore Balance

4 Veinfire Borderpost

4 Violent Outburst

4 Wildfield Borderpost[/hide]It's very simple: drop borderposts by returning land until you can drop any of the 12 cascade spells, with a 100% chance to cascade into Restore Balance to wipe the board. While it can be played on turn 3, it's usually better to wait until turn 4 so that it'll act as both a Wrath of God and an Armageddon. Afterwards, March of the Machines or Phyrexian Totem would wrap things up. My opponent played a cheap blue/white control deck whose sole purpose was to make sure that Restore Balance came through. Our decks combined cost less than the landbase in one deck of most opposing teams ::'

Say WHAAAAAAAT!

I would have thought the price would stay considering it's an original (wouldn't that increase it's rarity?) and it's 1st edition. Last time I checked it was $76. I can't believe it dropped that much, that kinda sucks. But I paid $3.99 for it, so whatever.

It never was that much. It's always been around the $20-30 range, since it was created. Yu-Gi-Oh cards aren't priced by rarity (unless its a SJC prize ard or really old Bandai card, back when Bandai made the cards), they're priced by usefulness in today's meta.