Level at which slayer become a serious moneymaker?

Skeptical

What slayer level is required before you can begin making a serious amount of money with it? I know 85 is excellent for cash, but what about before it?

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

usualy pll say at 75 (with gorgotoths: they drop granite maul quite often) or 83 (when u can kill spiritual magers)

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

I see Gargs as being good money from the G maul drops, Spiritual Mages drop boots at a decent rate (I got 3 on my last task of them, but it was only my 2nd task ever so I'm not to sure) Also the normal drops from most monsters add up to make a nice profit. Such as herbs and herb seed drops from monsters such as Aberrant Spectres and many other slayer monsters.

But imo i have great luck on my tasks. \'

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Gorgoroths lol, some TIF'er got you tricked.

Gargoyles I hope you mean.

At 55, slayer becomes very benificial, with Turoths making decent money ( not alot, nonetheless decent.. ) With herbs, and with the introduction of Broad bolts.

At 60(?) You can get Aberrant Spectres, which basically gives you HUGE cash if you do them right.

After 60 you have dusties which are decent for charms and very easy to camp, and you dont really get much cash in other tasks until Gargoyles (be lucky) or 83 cash, 83 is the best. Not 85. Dont make the whips fool you.

I do remember someone getting 5 drag boots in a spiritual mages task, and someone in Blogscape (LOL i forgot. sorry whoever >.>) got 4 whips in an Abyssal demon, so I guess its just random really.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I've gotten one mystic top and one g maul from gargs in 4-5 tasks, so I dislike them. However, not only is around 75 slayer good money making due to gargs normally being decent, but also because all the combat xp you get from gaining 75 slayer enables you to kill monsters faster, such as specters, mighty banshees, etc. That makes these even better money makers, as killing 76 monsters an hour>killing 60 an hour, etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Its obvious that he was thinking about me when he posted that :)

Anyway, i would say that it becomes a decent money maker soon as your reach Abernant Spectrals. Decent regular drops. But if you're looking for high end drops then 75 is what i would guess.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Its obvious that he was thinking about me when he posted that :)

Anyway, i would say that it becomes a decent money maker soon as your reach Abernant Spectrals. Decent regular drops. But if you're looking for high end drops then 75 is what i would guess.

srr mate i knew it was something like that, first name that popped in my head xD

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

Camping monsters is never really that brilliant for money anyway.

I suppose 83 and 85 are both good, but they are still both around 200-500k per hour.

Then again, its all down to chance.

2Xeo5.png

@Ross Camping does suck

I only camped for the decent xp and charms at Dusties, dont think I camped for money O_o

Charm camping is epic.

I suppose 83 and 85 are both good, but they are still both around 200-500k per hour.

well i know a friend of mine trained his att at spirit mages and got around 400k/h easy (about 2-3boots/h) and 60k xp so in that case camping is great idea to get money... also, arent aviansies regarded as best moneymakers in the game? how would you kill them otherwise than camping?

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

Ah, Last time I checked Aviansies were dependant.

They get PACKED, drops are essential, KSers come a bit.. Etc etc.

Personally I like NPC trading.

But aviansies never were the best moneymakers.. They're close, and very high up though.

Ah, Last time I checked Aviansies were dependant.

They get PACKED, drops are essential, KSers come a bit.. Etc etc.

just go inside the arma part and allmost no1... also u can easy find a not packed world in 2hops max

Personally I like NPC trading.

its a good option if you dont wanna camp or so, but i prefer 50k/h less but getting some xp and at no having to run up and down during a couple of hours (i hate NPC trading :P )

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

Slayer starts getting helpful after 55, because of Broad Bolts.

Slayer starts getting good for money at Ab Specs

Slayer starts becoming a major competitor to other methods at Nechs or Spiritual Mages.

Most monsters you camp such have either several rare drops, and garbage normal drops, or decent normal drops, with no rare drops. Slayer combines both, so you will get lucky sometimes. Example, in 5 cave horror tasks I got 12 snap seeds and 3 black masks, while each specter tasks ranges from 200-400k. Blue dragons are always 400k or so, while metals can range from 150k-17m if you get a visage. That is why I slay.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Gargoyles? Lol, those are only like 200k/hour. The first decent moneymaker slayer has is spiritual mages, which are like 400k. Abyssal demons are about the same, but they drop charms making them better overall.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

IMO, it starts getting good overal at 80+ slayer. However, I look at slayer through summoning glasses.

Before, my biggest stack of charms was gold, now it is crimsons

That's because of the

dust devils

nechs

abyssal demons

waterfiends

black demons

greater demons

wyverns

kbd's

A few of these are only unlocked at higher lvls, or only get efficient at high lvls.

depending on your master it can become profitable very easily very quickly. eg say you have 40 slayer and you use chealder you could get a fire giant task on which you'll earn roughly 200K profit.

however i would say it starts to get very profitable about level 55/60 with the turoths and the aberrant spectres..... then perhaps 70 is the next best with the kurasks dropping noted pineapples and loads of broad bolts (unf) and broad arrows (unf) - i made about 300K off them in profit; and another 200K because i got lucky in a clue ;p

But yeah..... tasks that i've seen that are profitable:

Fire Giants

Turoths

Kurasks

Abberant Spectres

Banshees (they drop a load of pure essence.... even the ones in slayer tower)

Cave Crawlers (drop tonnes of herbs and potion secondaries)

People also say:

Dust Devils

Gargoyles

Spiritual Mages

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

well i know a friend of mine trained his att at spirit mages and got around 400k/h easy (about 2-3boots/h) and 60k xp so in that case camping is great idea to get money... also, arent aviansies regarded as best moneymakers in the game? how would you kill them otherwise than camping?

Spirit mage boot drops are roughly 1:100, your friend will not get 3 boots per hour consistantly.

Aviansies are one of the few exceptions that are very good for camping.

cave horrors= about 300k an hour because u can get decent seeds and a black mask every 2 hrs

Cave horrors suck, the mask drop is far to rare.

2Xeo5.png

Spirit mage boot drops are roughly 1:100, your friend will not get 3 boots per hour consistantly.

I agree with ross. Aviansies are one of the few exceptions for camping along with waterfiends, A-Z's and dust devils.

It's all about what you want.

And with the boots your friend may have made 400K/h easy, but he will not constantly be getting 3 d boots/h Unless he is EXTREMELY lucky! and you never know.... he may hit a dry streak ;)

It's all up to chance.... someone could be at say skeletal wyverns/steel/iron/black dragons for 10mins and get a visage whereas others could be there for much much longer.

Sure mages and abby deamons might be classed as the best slayer money in the game, but there are much better tasks out there too.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I agree with ross. Aviansies are one of the few exceptions for camping along with waterfiends, A-Z's and dust devils.

It's all about what you want.

And with the boots your friend may have made 400K/h easy, but he will not constantly be getting 3 d boots/h Unless he is EXTREMELY lucky! and you never know.... he may hit a dry streak ;)

It's all up to chance.... someone could be at say skeletal wyverns/steel/iron/black dragons for 10mins and get a visage whereas others could be there for much much longer.

Sure mages and abby deamons might be classed as the best slayer money in the game, but there are much better tasks out there too.

Actually, camping spiritual mages is decent money (around 2 boots an hour, on AVERAGE), but the downside is no charms.

Also, I dont find dust devils that good. They are easy, and decent xp, but their drops are average and so are their charms. I'd rather go for the extremes: waterfiend for charms, green drags or whatever for money. Or just slayer :-)