Herb Farming

Jesus_Status

It changes so often depending on prices. I think it's always changing between toadflax and snaps, but sometimes kwuarm gets into the picture as well.

When I herb farmed (as in, I'm f2p now so I can't, otherwise I would), I just stuck to snaps. Most of the time they gave the best profit and they always give the best xp of the bunch. All the price checking every day just made my head spin. The easiest solution is to just farm snaps. That way you have no worries.

Snaps, Ranarrs, Toadflax, and Kwarm will all give you good profit.

If you don't like spending a lot on the seeds then toadflax, on the opposite end go to snaps, and kwarm and ranarrs are in between.

Best of Luck! ::'

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Snaps, Ranarrs, Toadflax, and Kwarm will all give you good profit.

If you don't like spending a lot on the seeds then toadflax, on the opposite end go to snaps, and kwarm and ranarrs are in between.

Best of Luck! ::'

Ranarrs usually can't compete with the other 3.

Ranarrs usually can't compete with the other 3.

Currently, the best are:

1. Kwuarm

2. Ranarr

3. Toadflax

4. Snapdragon

Hmm, looked at the chart and you seem to be right. I stand corrected.

Still though, xp isn't worthless. I'd still stick to snaps.

Based on the pretty agreed-upon average 6.7 herbs per seed average, you make the following per seed planted:

1. Snapdragon: 20,026

2. Ranarr: 19,774

3. Kwuarm: 16,838

4. Toadflax: 15,705

I think any higher-leveled farmer who uses magic secateurs and super compost agrees that the average is higher than runescape wiki's estimate of 6.

lalalasig2.png

Based on the pretty agreed-upon average 6.7 herbs per seed average, you make the following per seed planted:

I think any higher-leveled farmer who uses magic secateurs and super compost agrees that the average is higher than runescape wiki's estimate of 6.

Ah, the wiki estimated 6? That's totally off. Snaps are ahead then.

Just thought I would throw in the factor of it dieing. Unless you keep a watch on your herbs there is always the chance it might not grow meaning with snapdragons you lose a lot of cash compared to your other options if it dies.

I personally use toadflax but either toadflax or Kwuarm may be a better option as you hardly lose anything if it dies.

If you do your kingdom management and cannonable slayer tasks, you will end up plenty of herbseeds.

The best herbseeds to profit from are Toadflax, Ranaar, and Snapdragon.

For some reason Snapdragon seeds are super rare. I usually get those only from God Wars Dungeon Drops.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Ah, the wiki estimated 6? That's totally off. Snaps are ahead then.

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet it what happens when your herbs die. When this happens to a snap seed you lose a ton of your profits, however if a toadflax plant dies it's no big loss because the cost of a toadflax seed is under 1k. Compare that to snapdragon seeds which afaik have literally always been 30k or more. Suddenly ranarrs and snaps don't look so good when one of them dies.

I can tell you the safest way for sure-fire profits with minimal losses when plants die is to plant Kwuarm/Toadflax at the 4 regular allotment herb patches and then plant Snapdragon/Ranarr at the Trollheim patch because they will never die there.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

I can tell you the safest way for sure-fire profits with minimal losses when plants die is to plant Kwuarm/Toadflax at the 4 regular allotment herb patches and then plant Snapdragon/Ranarr at the Trollheim patch because they will never die there.

This is the best advice, I think. I do kwuarm and snaps to maximize XP. You'd be surprised at how quickly the XP can add up just from planting herbs a few times per day, if you haven't previously grown lots of herbs.

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet it what happens when your herbs die. When this happens to a snap seed you lose a ton of your profits, however if a toadflax plant dies it's no big loss because the cost of a toadflax seed is under 1k. Compare that to snapdragon seeds which afaik have literally always been 30k or more. Suddenly ranarrs and snaps don't look so good when one of them dies.

The 6.7 average has deaths calced in (I once tried to get an average too, and got 6.64 average over 1k toadflax seeds). So, as long as you stick to them, deaths will always be evened out by larger yields, eventually getting you a 6.7 average and the largest profit with snaps.

I am not sure whether the 6.7 average is the same for every seed, but I assume it doesn't differ enough to be of any importance.

If you want profit and xp, and don't want to run to the g/e every time because you don't have enough money to buy snap seeds in bulk, plant snaps in My Arm's patch and kwuarms in the rest.

2dvjurb.png