Auto equip arrows!

Ok, im not sure if this has been suggested before but here goes nothing.

OK so my origional idea seemed to be confusing with the long wall of text i had. Heres are more simplified version to my idea.

1. You have arrows equipped into your inventory.

2. Your killing monsters and/or training range and while doing this you pick up some of the same kind of arrows you have equipped.

3. They automatically skip over your inventory and go straigh to your quiver eliminating the need of having to eat that one food item that could have possibly saved your life later on.

*note*

I decided i would like this to be part of the accumulator update

In the end not having to eat that one peice of food to make room for the arrows might just save your life if you run low on hp and you dont have any more food.This would help alot of people who love to train range.

P.S if anyone knows a thread where this has already been suggested but if you have one please leave the code to it because i would be more than happy to support the OP of it.

I assume when you mean auto pickup, you mean they go right from the ground to your arrow slot in your equipment if they are the same type as the ones in there? It skips the Inventory all together?

That would be really handy. I would support it. Also, maybe extend that feature to the accumulater?

tfssig.png

Very nice idea.

@Moonshadow: Accumulator already puts them directly into your arrow slot, or do you mean the steel arrows it makes? In that case yes.

Oh btw you can't see d arrows on the floor anymore since the trade limit. Anything dropped worth over 3k is not visible to anyone else.

@Moonshadow

yes i do mean that they completely skip your inventory and go straight into your equipment ^^ thanks for the support everyone i hope i get more out of this..maybe we can see this update sometime in the future aye?

Very nice idea.

@Moonshadow: Accumulator already puts them directly into your arrow slot, or do you mean the steel arrows it makes? In that case yes.

Oh btw you can't see d arrows on the floor anymore since the trade limit. Anything dropped worth over 3k is not visible to anyone else.

Dragon arrows CAN be stolen now, as long as it's only 1 per stack. Right now it's bought out, but if you see the price graph, they are stablized at 2.8k, a bit under 3k limit.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

I support.

A tip: sort out the wall of text (tough small it is) and define more clearly what it means.

Situation now: arrows go into the inventory, whether the arrow slot holds the same type or is empty.

Situation you suggest: arrows of the same type, or if the slot is empty, go directly into the quiver.

A suggestion to enlarge this: think of something like a multi-type quiver, which can hold up to 3 types of arrows for example (in Real Life quivers often consist of one or multiple holders in which arrows can be stored. I myself am a marksman and have a quiver with a single holder, but a fellow clubmember has a quiver with several holders for different types.) .

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I love the idea, the only issue I can think of is what if you have 10 mith arrows in your inventory and 10 on your character, then you pick up 10 more?

Support none the less.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Very nice idea.

Dragon arrows CAN be stolen now, as long as it's only 1 per stack. Right now it's bought out, but if you see the price graph, they are stablized at 2.8k, a bit under 3k limit.

It seems like yesterday when they were 10k each #-o

I support.

A tip: sort out the wall of text (tough small it is) and define more clearly what it means.

Situation now: arrows go into the inventory, whether the arrow slot holds the same type or is empty.

Situation you suggest: arrows of the same type, or if the slot is empty, go directly into the quiver.

A suggestion to enlarge this: think of something like a multi-type quiver, which can hold up to 3 types of arrows for example (in Real Life quivers often consist of one or multiple holders in which arrows can be stored. I myself am a marksman and have a quiver with a single holder, but a fellow clubmember has a quiver with several holders for different types.) .

Making these could be a good job for crafters.

I really like the original idea, as well. Good job.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I support. If they did this with bolts, why not arrows?

Maybe something like an arrow accumulator or something like that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The idea is good, I would love this for boss hunting especially because if you're shooting diamond e's and have a full inv, you got to destroy/drop an item which requires a bit of time, so I support. This should be a accumulator only affect though..... maybe a message "Your Ava's device makes a strange chugging noise. It has attracted your arrows into your quiver!" or something like that >.>

Quite a useful suggestion. :thumbup:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

The idea is good, I would love this for boss hunting especially because if you're shooting diamond e's and have a full inv, you got to destroy/drop an item which requires a bit of time, so I support. This should be a accumulator only affect though..... maybe a message "Your Ava's device makes a strange chugging noise. It has attracted your arrows into your quiver!" or something like that >.>

I would support if you made it part of the accumulator. The one fool proof method that skillers have to not train combat would be destroyed because of you. (Bow with no arrows)

Like those before me, I'm going to assume that by 'Auto Equip' you mean that if you were to pick-up some ammo on the ground it would go straight to your quiver if you had the same ammo equipped.

Support.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Like those before me, I'm going to assume that by 'Auto Equip' you mean that if you were to pick-up some ammo on the ground it would go straight to your quiver if you had the same ammo equipped.

Support.

This should help clear it up:

3. They automatically skip over your inventory and go straigh to your quiver eliminating the need of having to eat that one food item that could have possibly saved your life later on.

For obvious reasons it won't allow multiple arrow types in the same quiver without an update to it.

• 1 year later...

Wait, who needs food while ranging?

I can think of one instance this would be useful right off the bat: Waterfiends, esp. in the CTS.

I'm always juggling items there until the last few minutes of the run. It'd be nice if the mithril arrows jumped right into my quiver so I wouldn't have to drop any food or battlestaves, or something.