Sudden crash (Bgs, Bandos ect..)

RuneAge

I was just wanting to know why there has just been a massive crash in the prices of things such as bandos chestplate, Bandos Godsword, tassets ect..

I noticed that Bandos chestplate went from 13.1m down to 11m, what happened with all these items? :-#

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

More people going to BGW becuase of ourg bones, more bandos items dropped=more supply, less demand.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I noticed this too....but Bandos has always been crowded so I dont know if it's because of ourg bones, also all the other godwars items are dropping in price too.....could it be related to the new BH, or possibly are they just being merchanted atm?

I noticed this too....but Bandos has always been crowded so I dont know if it's because of ourg bones, also all the other godwars items are dropping in price too.....could it be related to the new BH, or possibly are they just being merchanted atm?

If they were being merched they would have gone up in price before falling. All it is is what killerwatt said.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

If they were being merched they would have gone up in price before falling. All it is is what killerwatt said.

A lot of "merchants" pr manipulators had stocked up on a lot of BGS's and other high level items, they simply flood the market at min price, cause a crash, then buy back.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

More people going to BGW becuase of ourg bones, more bandos items dropped=more supply, less demand.

Exactly.

Do not post false ideas. Bandos is almost ALWAYS full at almost 24/7, bringing more people to a restricted amount of resource will NOT make it drop more. Drop rate for items is the same if you have a 3 man team or 20...

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Exactly.

Do not post false ideas. Bandos is almost ALWAYS full at almost 24/7, bringing more people to a restricted amount of resource will NOT make it drop more. Drop rate for items is the same if you have a 3 man team or 20...

I agree, Im not convinced this is because of Ourg bones, Bandos has always been the most crowded boss, and if it was because of Ourg bones then Bandos would be the only items falling, whereas currently seemingly all rare monster drops are going down, ( dfs, godwars, d claws etc. )

However the hilt did go up today and I heard dfs went up too

Exactly.

I agree, Im not convinced this is because of Ourg bones, Bandos has always been the most crowded boss, and if it was because of Ourg bones then Bandos would be the only items falling, whereas currently seemingly all rare monster drops are going down, ( dfs, godwars, d claws etc. )

Just about every "crashing" item were bought back by the merchants.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

The DFS did indeed go up 678k today.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

I do not agree that it is because of Ourg bones, like everyone else has said, bandos is always over crowded, and at the end of the day, if it was all down to ourg bones, then dfs, ags ect.. wouldn't all be dropping as well, i have noticed a rise in bandos godswords today though, so i'm still unclear as to what happened..

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I do not agree that it is because of Ourg bones, like everyone else has said, bandos is always over crowded, and at the end of the day, if it was all down to ourg bones, then dfs, ags ect.. wouldn't all be dropping as well, i have noticed a rise in bandos godswords today though, so i'm still unclear as to what happened..

well my theory is that speculation surrounding the effect of BH on godwars/other high valued combat items was that it would cause a drop in prices since those items would be possible drops, and the ensuing panic selling resulted in the crash we see.

Now we're in the price recovery phase where merchants swoop in buying up the reduced priced items in hopes of selling at a high price, if you go to w2 you can only buy bandos/dfs/furies at max price right now and literally everybody is buying and nobody is selling. So prices are going to skyrocket, now the question is how far they will go up, and the possibility that there may be another crash to follow that is even worse than the current one.

So in short the crash was due to bounty hunter, and due to all the speculation and merchanting going on right now its very hard to see what BH's true effect on these items will be and where prices will settle in long term.

do you think it would be a good a say a bcp right now or will it just drop and not rise again?

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I believe that it will drop and stay low for quite some time, but who knows if and when it will go up. If you're interested in buying a bcp, buy it. You'll need it sooner or later. Sooner if better. I've already lost 500k on it but I really don't care. It is really good.

I think i'm going to wait until tomorrow and see what happens and depending on that i will buy it or not.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I think i'm going to wait until tomorrow and see what happens and depending on that i will buy it or not.

I'm currently trying to buy bandos chestplate and tasset at max and it hasn't gone for about an hour so i think its going to rise.

Imo, I won't buy any combat gear, not till market is stable. Who knows the price might go down even more.

Like SS for example. 3 days ago it was 6.5m now 5.3m. Plus, Fury ammy. gone down to 1.4m. I have never seen these items or any of these rare items go down so quickly.

king_n981.png

king_n981.png

Imo, I won't buy any combat gear, not till market is stable. Who knows the price might go down even more.

Like SS for example. 3 days ago it was 6.5m now 5.3m. Plus, Fury ammy. gone down to 1.4m. I have never seen these items or any of these rare items go down so quickly.

Does it matter if your going to use them price doesn't affect that and i dought they will all drop much further.

edit-

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=11724

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=11726

Proberly because of Bh, people are selling them getting dclaws etc for pking properly. BG's never been a major pking weapon.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

A lot of "merchants" pr manipulators had stocked up on a lot of BGS's and other high level items, they simply flood the market at min price, cause a crash, then buy back.

Read this and stop saying BH and Ourg bones...

BH had an slight effect on DFS, that's it.

DFH/Fury aren't high level items anymore.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops: