Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

gold charms

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

seto211
[ Display Name History ]

seto211

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 48 posts
i need a good gold chram dropper. i need a good amount of them. so tell me whats a good monster yo kill for gold charms

manitstinks
[ Display Name History ]

manitstinks

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,413 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:manitstinks
Fire giants and hellhounds
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
There is not 1 player in the whole Runescape that NEEDS Gold charms. They need Crimsons charms and collect the gold charms they see on the way. But if you want, Fire giants are the best Gold charm droppers, they even compare with some of the decent Crimson charm droppers.

Look at my guide for more details.
[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]
Posted Image

kdb148
[ Display Name History ]

kdb148

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • RSN:kdb150
Nothing can come even close to giant rock crabs for gold charms. Killing them with ancients is a very fast way to gather gold charms, and a fast way to get blue charms as well (comparatively, of course - blue charms are slow no matter what).

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

Nothing can come even close to giant rock crabs for gold charms. Killing them with ancients is a very fast way to gather gold charms, and a fast way to get blue charms as well (comparatively, of course - blue charms are slow no matter what).

I doubt anybody whose asking how to obtain Gold charms has that much money :XD:
Posted Image

Italian5kamikaze
[ Display Name History ]

Italian5kamikaze

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Yeahhh lol. Also, you shouldn't ancient giant rock crabs, ever. :|
Posted Image
Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

thunderlord
[ Display Name History ]

thunderlord

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:PurplSlayR

There is not 1 player in the whole Runescape that NEEDS Gold charms. They need Crimsons charms and collect the gold charms they see on the way. But if you want, Fire giants are the best Gold charm droppers, they even compare with some of the decent Crimson charm droppers.

I needed gold charms... when i decided to stop with members i dropped al my charms at level 10 summoning :lol:

not my best choice i have ever made though..

as said before fire giants and hellhounds drop lots of golds (I did fire giants in chaos tunnels)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Dagonnoths under the lighthouse.

Almost every second kill was a gold charm, with the Crimson/Green/Blue Charm now and then. This is just from personal experiance though, might vary from person to person.

Popoto.~<3

LinkOlaran
[ Display Name History ]

LinkOlaran

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • RSN:Link Olaran
Personally, I kill moss giants (not specifically for gold charms, but for normal combat training). They almost always drop gold charms, but rarely any other kinds. On average, one trip to moss giants will get me about 70-100 gold charms, 5-10 crimson, 5-10 green, and maybe 1-2 blues if I get lucky. Most of my trips take between 1-1.5 hours.

Also note I train on the moss giants inhabiting Pirate's Cove (level 48, 85 hp) so if you don't have Lunar Diplomacy done, you'll probably face a bit of competition at any of the other common moss giant spots. Pirate's Cove is pretty much deserted, regardless of what world you go on.

Also, if you happen to have similar combat skills to mine, you can earn a fair bit of cash along the way (via seeds and occasional herb drops). I can get between 60k-150k a trip there, depending on how lucky I get, lol.

Currently I have nearly 3k gold charms in my bank, almost all of them from moss giants.

ladycai
[ Display Name History ]

ladycai

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • RSN:Aporia
  • RSN2:Physics Pwn
  • Clan:5Ds
Fire Giants gave me the most gold charms I would ever need.

95/99 Summoning
95/99 Slayer

This is what you look like when you play RS too long

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

I needed gold charms... when i decided to stop with members i dropped al my charms at level 10 summoning :lol:

not my best choice i have ever made though..

as said before fire giants and hellhounds drop lots of golds (I did fire giants in chaos tunnels)

Yeah, every person who asks for Gold charms has low Summoning. Why not hunt crimsons charms and pick up Gold charms when you see them (as stated above) so you can not waste time... I mean, there aren't good familiars until 52.
Posted Image

Ameru
[ Display Name History ]

Ameru

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
Not everyone who asks for gold charms has low summoning.

I for instance am now busy camping at fire giants for gold charms while I am 61 summoning.

It isnt that I can't use the other charms but I dont want to lose to much money getting my summoning to 68 and one way I figured out was to just make terrorbird pouches and turning them into scrolls. Because by buying all bird meat in the ogre village I get almost all my money back from just selling the scrolls in the G.E.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

coza_17
[ Display Name History ]

coza_17

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • RSN:coza17
Hellhounds are probably the best, and also fire giants which are lower level and generally have better drops. But Crimsons are the best experience, so go hunting for them instead.
Posted Image

skylor12344
[ Display Name History ]

skylor12344

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,750 posts
i did a task last night of fire giants and i ended up with about 74 gold charms,5 green,4 crims,and 4 blues and the task took me about an hour maybe a little more. Plus i walked out with 1 rune bar,72 rune arrows,3 rune scimis,and alot of runes

Wahsac
[ Display Name History ]

Wahsac

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 162 posts
Just started work on summoning and keep hearing about using crimson for best xp.

What pouches do people make using these then ?

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

Not everyone who asks for gold charms has low summoning.

I for instance am now busy camping at fire giants for gold charms while I am 61 summoning.

It isnt that I can't use the other charms but I dont want to lose to much money getting my summoning to 68 and one way I figured out was to just make terrorbird pouches and turning them into scrolls. Because by buying all bird meat in the ogre village I get almost all my money back from just selling the scrolls in the G.E.

Time = Money. You're wasting A LOT of time for little money.
Posted Image

Ameru
[ Display Name History ]

Ameru

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
Then I would like to ask you for advise on how to get the charms for 68 summoning because I'm out of ideas.

Please take my stats into consideration and the fact that I only have 4mill in items and cash. (yes I'm poor for a lvl110+ player :wall: )
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

Then I would like to ask you for advise on how to get the charms for 68 summoning because I'm out of ideas.

Please take my stats into consideration and the fact that I only have 4mill in items and cash. (yes I'm poor for a lvl110+ player :wall: )

Go to green dragons for a few hours, and you'll have more than enough money. The time at greens + time hunting crimsons < time hunting golds.
Posted Image

kdb148
[ Display Name History ]

kdb148

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • RSN:kdb150

Why not? It's great mage training and yields a ton of charms for the time spent. Granted, mostly gold charms, but it's the best source for them. And they have very high HP for a monster you can use ancients on.

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

Why not? It's great mage training and yields a ton of charms for the time spent. Granted, mostly gold charms, but it's the best source for them. And they have very high HP for a monster you can use ancients on.

Because you can gain 5x more Summoning xp at Rock lobsters.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users