BGS for Slayer.

gorgoroth

I've never really used a BGS for Slayer. I usually used my AGS or SGS if i had to. Simple Question, is a BGS good enough for Slayer? I almost have the funds to buy one again.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

BGS fails as a weapon and a spec weapon for Slayer, stick with the Whip and Rdefender.

Wow this seems very odd. Most of the Slayers i see use a BGS when Slaying. Now this might either be because its the cheapest GS around or it might be that what you're saying is inaccurate. Have you any personal experience or is your comment based on hearsay? Would a ZGS be a better option? Should i just wait till i can afford a new AGS? (I will not even considder a SGS).

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

BGS fails as a weapon and a spec weapon for Slayer, stick with the Whip and Rdefender.

Wow this seems very odd. Most of the Slayers i see use a BGS when Slaying. Now this might either be because its the cheapest GS around or it might be that what you're saying is inaccurate. Have you any personal experience or is your comment based on hearsay? Would a ZGS be a better option? Should i just wait till i can afford a new AGS? (I will not even considder a SGS).

imo sgs is the only one worth using in pvm and whip + defender is the best for slayer and jsut cause alot of people use it doesn't mean its better alot of people use dragons doesn't make it superior to bandos.

imo sgs is the only one worth using in pvm and whip + defender is the best for slayer and jsut cause alot of people use it doesn't mean its better alot of people use dragons doesn't make it superior to bandos.

I'll never waste money on a SGS again. The hits are useless even at 90Atk and 99Str and the specs are worthless.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I'll never waste money on a SGS again. The hits are useless even at 90Atk and 99Str and the specs are worthless.

Then just stick with whip + defender and ee for specs.

People who use BGS for slayer don't seem to care that they're getting slower kills and exp, they just enjoy seeing higher hits. ZGS wouldn't be worth it, and if you don't want SGS then just wait until you can afford AGS.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Whip and defender is better off imo, because the GS is too slow (though I may be a biased speaker). It does hit much higher and occasionally more consistent, but I would rather save that money for summoning.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Whip + Rune Defender combo.

To be honest, the BGS wasn't all that great for Slayer when I had it. I did use it, however, I did do some Bandos GWD at the time aswell, and the spec was not bad there, which was my main reason for getting it (lowering his defence helped the team a little.)

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

And I also see people using DFS because it has higher strength, as well as Fighter torso where defense is required. I've also been called an idiot for using Obby rings, and Ranging pots. Most people who play Runescape have no idea what they're doing, or at least efficiency wise.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

SGS..

free prayer - use burst of strength (doable for most of the time without topping up with prayer pots) or superhuman strength (you will need to add prayer from prayer pots for that) on tasks. 5 or 10% str bonus.

free healing - makes all the difference for high hitting monsters if you don't have a pony (unicorn).

It often makes the difference between restocking and staying put in your slayer training spot.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

And I also see people using DFS because it has higher strength, as well as Fighter torso where defense is required. I've also been called an idiot for using Obby rings, and Ranging pots. Most people who play Runescape have no idea what they're doing, or at least efficiency wise.

Yes Kent, people are stupid for playing runescape for fun, not for fame.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

How is flaming other people being efficient fun...?

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Yeah i'll have to agree with you here. One of the morons on my Freindslits and i had a rather big arguement about this today. Something which i like to call "Caveman Training". This is when you do "go with the flow" training. Not doing it efficiently, just doing it the way everyone else does. Bandits will be my best example. For some while they might have been the best training method but now they suck. They truely suck. These people are affriad to experiment with a different way of training. They believe that their way is the best way coz its the way Zezima used. What they don't realise is that the game gets updated, things get easier, methids get outdated. Training with a DFS is very stupid unless you train with 10% Atk prayer.

Anyway, getting this BGS will encourage me to go do some Bandos Solo's/Duo's again. This will also be a method of getting rid of some junk and making money on the side. The soul perpose is not just slayer, but it will be a big purpose (Black Bemond, Waterfiends Maybe, Etc.) So keeping that in mind, will it be a wise coice?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

There were 2 parts I could've directed my comment to. I directed it to "DFS because it has higher strength, as well as Fighter torso where defense is required."

Which means these people want to hit high for self pleasure.

Although if you really want to take Slayer as a serious skill that is meant to be grinded, just go with the Whip and Rune defender combo. Dont have fun with high hits and people saying 'hey nice gs' ;)

There were 2 parts I could've directed my comment to. I directed it to "DFS because it has higher strength, as well as Fighter torso where defense is required."

Which means these people want to hit high for self pleasure.

Although if you really want to take Slayer as a serious skill that is meant to be grinded, just go with the Whip and Rune defender combo. Dont have fun with high hits and people saying 'hey nice gs' ;)

You only get that comment with AGS now. :cry:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Lol,l I experienced enough to know how slow it is.

And Ray, he's asking a question of which is better. That's it. Not which has higher hits, which is pretty obvious...

For all you know he could have a very lucky streak with his BGS and hit solid 40s every hit.

Better isnt always the best option. Better is sometimes a decent option that isnt boring.

Lol,l I experienced enough to know how slow it is.

And Ray, he's asking a question of which is better. That's it. Not which has higher hits, which is pretty obvious...

For all you know he could have a very lucky streak with his BGS and hit solid 40s every hit.

Better isnt always the best option. Better is sometimes a decent option that isnt boring.

He could also do that with a whip... it's called averages, that's what efficiency is about. I, personally, dont' find BGS more fun than a Whip at all, it's sluggishly slow. Either way, fun is subjective, and I personally don't see how higher hits is fun in PVE. But either way, it's undeniably slower than a Whip.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png