Bandos and SGS for slayer

Kodia

Are these three items really awesome for general slaying or are they just a nice thing if you have the spare cash?

I am working on 90 attack while getting to 85 slayer and then I will go straight for 99 def. I only have 15 million in hard currency and was wondering if bandos legs and plate, plus SGS would be worth saving up for. I have the Enhanced excaliber and currently use guthans for melee tanking. Bandos is slightly weaker in the melee stats but has the +str and +prayer bonuses.

SGS I hear is nice but obviously 40+ million gp isn't too easy to get quick :wall:

Thanks in advance

If your wealthy then buy it, if your not then stick with barrows which still gets the job done at practically the same speed. But its really quite nice having those items because they help reduce number of prayer potions you used and saving/recovering health.

randomkcopyq.png

They are a waste if you don't have the spare cash. BGS is downright awefull, and SGS is only worth the spec.

Invest in good armour and get a whip, so you can have fast tasks with little to no cost in food (if you have guthans and/or a bunyip, you're set for life).

SS is great if you want to train str.

Crossed_Body.png

Crossed%20Body.png

They are a waste if you don't have the spare cash. BGS is downright awefull, and SGS is only worth the spec.

Invest in good armour and get a whip, so you can have fast tasks with little to no cost in food (if you have guthans and/or a bunyip, you're set for life).

He isn't talking about a bgs so don't bring it up and sgs is little to no cost food and prayer. And bandos is very good amour that has a strength bonus imo there worth it.

Personally I trained a while in guthans and a while in bandos. I'll tell you what armor set I still have: guthans. I personally didn't see a benefit to using bandos armor when most of the time I had to carry around guthans anyway. So I sold the bcp and tassets and bought a fury/zerker instead.

As for SGS, it's dynamite for boss hunting but I haven't found it useful for most of the slayer tasks I've been assigned. This is only speaking from the times I've borrowed an SGS to use for slayer, though; I don't actually own one.

hzvjpwS.gif

He isn't talking about a bgs so don't bring it up and sgs is little to no cost food and prayer. And bandos is very good amour that has a strength bonus imo there worth it.

SGS isn't worth its price. You can get the same pray bonus from an ancient mace spec, and little to no cost in food by using a bunyip.

Sure, if you have the cash to spare, you could get it as A SPEC WEAPON.

As for bandos, check my statement of

Invest in good armour

Bandos is a good armour. Best ranged defence in game if I am not mistaken.

Crossed_Body.png

Crossed%20Body.png

If you have the cash they're quite useful. If you don't have the cash, like I do, then just using Barrows Armour, an Enchanted Excalibur and a Bunyip works just fine. If you don't like them you can always sell them back.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

But worse in terms of Melee defense, which is more important. Bandos is slightly better for most people, but I would say in your case, it's not worth it. Use your money on Prayer potions and cannonballs.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

SGS isn't worth its price. You can get the same pray bonus from an ancient mace spec, and little to no cost in food by using a bunyip.

Sure, if you have the cash to spare, you could get it as A SPEC WEAPON.

As for bandos, check my statement of

Invest in good armour

There is a HUGE difference between the ancient mace and SGS. The ancient hits maybe every 5-6 specials while the SGS has high enough stats that is should hit almost every time and it has 2 specials while the mace has 1.

Assassin1357.png

Depends on your gaming style.

Personally I use guthans or Proselyte for about 90% of tasks as you either need the extra defense or don't. 10% prayers speed up tasks by a lot as does the lack of banking from the guthans set and/or bunyip.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Well, for someone with low defence and prayer like myself the SGS is amazing. I also don't train summoning so I don't have a bunyip/titan to heal me while slaying. If you have a bunyip you likely wouldn't need a SGS unless you had a good bit of spare cash and no other use for it. I'm not sure how it fairs for boss hunting, but I imagine it works quite well if you have lower level monsters nearby to spec on.

I would suggest borrowing a SGS multiple times from a friend to get the feel of it. You could then confidently decide if it's worth the 45M+ to you.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Don't buy bandos, buy prayer potions instead and piety every task you get while wearing proselyte. This will be a better increase of speed while slaying.

I would, however, buy an SGS if you can afford it. The extra prayer/healing from it is amazing when you're wearing the equivalent of addy armor and burning through prayer potions like candy.

Foooman.png