FT Closes

infinitone

Knew a few people from Forgotten Templars, sad to see it end like this...

Message from Finish_ed, leader of FT.

Perhaps this may be a shock, or it can be predictable. As many of you have seen, I have not been around as of late at all. I have been gone on 4 days period and not come on whatsoever, not even for a second. I didn't announce that I retired, but I think that news spread. I didn't get much time to really get on to say anything. Throughout my time in FT, I have always been able to stay active because when someone would ask me to do something, I would say that I can't. And now that I have retired, all the times I have said no, I can't do this, no I can't do that, I can now say, yes I can come. This is why I am no longer around.

About a month and a half ago, I started realizing that I really don't give a crap anymore. It got worse when we started to get better, and I still didn't really care. I could careless that we had a great win, or I wouldn't care that we had lost terribly. I felt guilty, but I kept it to myself and showed that I care. About 3 weeks ago, my prom weekend, I posted I'd be gone for 4 days. I came back after prom weekend and I got a lot of crap for being absent for so long. I really didn't give a crap. What disturbed me most was that when Ahmad left, I didn't care.. When Jake was inactive, It didn't bother me, when Mika and Derek (To be honest I struggled to remember his name because I've just not give a crap). I didn't care that our rank team was dematerialize due to inactivity, and overall I just could careless what happened to the clan. I knew I cannot stay leader this way, and I have always been a person that holds my responsibilities, I see being leader of FT as something that I have to do because I took the responsibility to do it, which is why I put up with crap for such a long time. But if I'm going to be a leader, I have to try my best or not do it at all. And I have no more gas in my tank. I can't do it anymore. I chose to retire. I was going to close FT after consulting a few people, but some people still wanted to keep it up.

At first there was a misunderstanding for me that Sarah said she was going to come back and help Karol get through this, so I let Karol handle the clan with Sarah. Then I was told I misunderstood her and that is far from what she had said. Things went downhill and we lost 7 members through a span of 3 days. Seeing that Karol's spirit is already broken, it is impossible for this clan to keep going. We have no ranks, no one who I have seen able to keep this clan running. I am closing it while we can still say that we close on our terms. Some people said to keep it up until summer ends, but at this point, I see no point in making people war when people don't actually want to war and just do it for FT.

I know it may sound selfish of me, but this is the decision I have made. Wuey says that it would be nice if everyone that plans on joining another clan got together and chose a clan to go to, personally, I will not be joining another clan ever again. I don't even think I will ever log into RS besides to sell all my stuff and cancel my membership.

#Rsft will remain, all Ex-FT members will recieve voice. I will change up the forums so people can still hang around. I hope to make it so that these forums will still be active along with our IRC. I will not judge you base on which clan you decide to go to. I will hopefully be able to hang in #rsft whenever I can.

I want to thank everyone for everything each and every person has done. There will be a couple topics coming, one about history, one with shoutoutz, and some others. I hope you guys still hang around.

If you have any questions about why the clan has closed or why I did not pick an alternative, please post here and I will reply when I can.

t98jd1.jpg

Ouch, it's really sad to see that the indifference of the leader caused the fall of the whole clan, when if could have been saved with a little effort. Good luck to the members, hope they can agree on a new clan.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I didn't see this coming, but it does explain a lot. PE, RR, and now FT. . . I wonder who next?

RIP DK 2009

RIP FT 2009

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Know what the leader means with the "not giving crap" part, happened to me a lot.

But yes, I feel really sorry that they closed, and God knows who will close next.

22031_s.gif

I dont really see why you felt you had to post that here or that Ryan gave you permission too but meh.

Known FT for years, was offered a rank there many many months ago, had awesome rivalries back in the day (i remember when they were 75+)

Very loyal people in it, stable but slumped as of late, i expect a lot of them will quit now.

RIP FT 09, guess Blas did outlive you :P

a14z78.jpg

Overseer of Tip.it Clan Tournament 2010

Click

here to read the rules || Click here to sign up

`Stu` on #clans (irc.swiftirc.net)

I didn't see this coming, but it does explain a lot. PE, RR, and now FT. . . I wonder who next?

RIP DK 2009

RIP FT 2009

Please :ohnoes:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

RIP DK 2009

RIP FT 2009

What a coincidence, DK closed yesterday. Or at least the clan did, they are now a team apparently.

polvCwJ.gif

RIP DK 2009

RIP FT 2009

What a coincidence, DK closed yesterday. Or at least the clan did, they are now a team apparently.

They didn't close. It was a publicity stunt. Who ever thought they were ever a clan before is sad.

t98jd1.jpg

May I ask where you got that information about DK "not being a clan" from Infitione?

Well they have so many multi-clanners that many people have always considered them a team.

polvCwJ.gif

May I ask where you got that information about DK "not being a clan" from Infitione?

To the best of my knowledge, an official from DK confirmed it when rumors of their closure spread. They called themselves a team, not a clan, and said that applications were still open.

Whether or not that's still true, I dunno. I haven't checked RSC lately.

hzvjpwS.gif

Well they have so many multi-clanners that many people have always considered them a team.

I don't think having loads of multi clanners makes you a team, as long as both clans allow multi clanning.

To the best of my knowledge, an official from DK confirmed it when rumors of their closure spread. They called themselves a team, not a clan, and said that applications were still open.

Whether or not that's still true, I dunno. I haven't checked RSC lately.

I've known DK from when they first became an official clan in the CWA era, they only went NH when PvP worlds came out, guess that's when they started to allow multi clanning, and perhaps when they thought of themselves as a "team".

I don't think having loads of multi clanners makes you a team, as long as both clans allow multi clanning.

Name me a clan that doesn't allow multiclanning itself, but would allow another clan to bring in multiclanners for a war.

t98jd1.jpg