advice for higher lvl farming

Shady Character

ok so recently i got 85 farming. 99 farm has been a dream for me but im also not in too much of a hurry to get it.

im wondering what are various ways to obtain 99 farm?

any information on what to plant regarding speed and cost to get 99 would be great.

im open to many options. price isnt a problem.

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

If money isnt a problem, plant snapdragons. Plant the best Fruit tree, tree that you can. Also plant cacti and calquats. These should help in the exp. The snapdragons are there for some money to help with costs of the seeds.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

if you really like minesweeper, and i mean a lot you could always try vinesweeper. with 10 flag i can normally get about 1k points which is 1k xp

for 99 farm that is several thousand points yes but you could also buy seeds and other helpful things

also do the normal farming runs with trees and herbs and such

good luck im working for 72 atm :thumbsup:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

If money is truly no object, plant palm trees and magic trees as often as possible. Also plant calquats. A calquats and 5 palm trees once a day is over 60k XP, for very little work. 5 magic trees per day is another 70k. Magics grow fast enough that you can do them twice per day. Without any herbs or allotments, you can easily score 200k XP per day just using trees. Herbs, however, can help defray the cost of seeds, and provide XP as well. Poison ivy bushes are worthwhile because you don't have to pay to keep them from getting diseased, though at higher levels, the 4k per bush run may not be worth the time.

If you want to know the cost and xp, you should calculate that per day, and then calc how many days you'll need. For example, I used this to get 99 (from 93):

5 Pineapples - -65k - 22.5k xp

10 Maples - -300k - 34k xp

1 Calquat - -26k - 12k xp

4 Herb runs (snapdragon, cactus spines, marigolds) - +360k - 15k xp

That totals 31k loss/day, and 83k xp total. It would take you ~120 days and cost you around 4 mil at current prices.

If you want to spend more, just switch to papayas/yews/palms/whatever, and you can always do more herb runs if you want.

2dvjurb.png

I did 92-99 in 31 days. It cost me about 80m.

I did kwuarms, magics and yews, palms, calwuats, watermelons, and poison ivys.

I also woke up every 2 hours at night to rotate the herbs and melons.

I did normal trees (yews and magics) 3 times a day.

Fools_Taco.png

To add to what everyone else has said, if you have some spirit seeds you could plant those as well.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

thanks alot everyone!

palm trees look like they just got done being merched so ill get to buying those and some yews

sadly i cant be bothered to farm anythign else execpt for some herbs, probly do snaps

i guess im off to go buy some seeds =)

edit: are cactus and calquats worth the extra time/money/effort?

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

thanks alot everyone!

edit: are cactus and calquats worth the extra time/money/effort?

Cactus are more to help earn back some of the cost, not necessarily for xp. So, it's up to you.

Calquats are like 12k xp, so I'd say yes.

Lagatag.png

It's a 15 second side trip to pick cactus spines, and I believe there is a familiar that doubles the yield. Giant Ent, maybe? Even without that, though, 6k in spines for a 15 second trip is certainly worth it, whether you sell them for 6k, or save yourself the 6k you would otherwise spend on cactus spines to have the farmers watch your yews. Though it is very debateable whether it is worth it to pay for watching yews.