How do I make money...

Star.

... with pictures of a burning pub?

An hour or so ago, this abandoned pub in the wee little town of Huddersfield went kablam. I don't know the exact details but I went down with my handy SLR and took some high quality pictures of the action.

How should I bargain with the local newspaper to buy my pictures of me?

Should I ring them or email?

Thank you :B

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

You should prolly call them, that'd be the most reliable way to contact somebody from the newspaper. But will they actually pay you for pictures?

I agree.

It would also be a good idea to set up some sort of meeting, they are normally good about that.

alperbaconsig.png

Thanks to ~Hiimben~ for the Awesome sig!

You're best bet is to call them up & send them some low resolution copies of what you've got so that they can decide if they want to use them. That being said, they may just ignore you but it's worth trying anyway.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Okay going to phone them.

Now I just got to gather the guts >___< It's hard being anti-social...

rc1tzc.png

Try the other peoples idea.

Good luck though. :thumbup:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Calling the local newspaper would be good. I'm sure they wouldn't mind paying a freelance photographer if the pictures are good.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Don't call the newspapers first. Do some research. If you tell them this is your first time doing this, they might set a lower price than it actually should be. The last thing you need is getting scammed, even though this is your first time.

:?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I think I should have told them I was 18, not 17. They won't buy them :(

Don't call the newspapers first. Do some research. If you tell them this is your first time doing this, they might set a lower price than it actually should be. The last thing you need is getting scammed, even though this is your first time.

Ah bugger, phoned them then read this >__> I should have revised it a little first.

Going to put a watermark on the images then email the given address nice lady Jane gave me and... ask for a small fee?

Or should I just give up now and give em away? o___o

rc1tzc.png

I think I should have told them I was 18, not 17. They won't buy them :(

Ah bugger, phoned them then read this >__> I should have revised it a little first.

Going to put a watermark on the images then email the given address nice lady Jane gave me and... ask for a small fee?

Or should I just give up now and give em away? o___o

Low res the hell out of them so they're not print-quality when you send them. That way they can't just be taken used without getting back to you.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I don't think an article of an abandoned pub burning down is very important for a newspaper to buy a picture for to be honest. Something like that you could contribute a picture to the paper and if it ends up making the front page you'll get your rightful credit for it which would be pretty cool even if you don't get paid. Try looking into freelance photography I'm sure there is a site out there that could help you figure out how to get started selling photos to your local paper and such.

tFtfA.jpg

Call them again, but disguise your voice and say that you have some pictures that would be useful for a sensationalist story that would very likely draw the focus of many readers. Tell them your name is Deepthroat and when they ask to see you face-to-face, wear a trenchcoat and some detective hat.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Post them here. Wait, they are "during" pictures, right? Hell, even after is fine. Just post them.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It's a local newspaper so they'd want to know every small detail pertaining to our crap area.

Writing an email at the moment. Here is what I have:

Hello,

The images enclosed in this email are high resolution pictures of the arson attack at The Pavilion. These pictures were taken a mere two hours ago during the scene of the blaze and entail different viewpoints of the fire including close ups.

Watermarks have been added to the photographs for they are previews and I currently have the originals. Please reply if you would like to purchase a photograph of me for a small fee.

Yours sincerely,

Ranjeet Kaur.

I'll edit it a bit more. If they don't buy them then I'll send them a virus.

Also Lenin, I can't upload the pictures but I can give you countless images of bunny anime girls. Is that a suitable substitute?

rc1tzc.png

arson attack..entail different viewpoints of the fire including close ups.

Also Lenin, I can't upload the pictures...

You're killing me here, woman.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It's generally not a smart idea to put your full name on forums on the internet.

It's not that big of a deal. Then again my name is my website, so go figure.

I wouldn't try and sell the photos personally, just because it'd be better to just have a chance at exposure.

It's generally not a smart idea to put your full name on forums on the internet.

It's not that big of a deal. Then again my name is my website, so go figure.

I wouldn't try and sell the photos personally, just because it'd be better to just have a chance at exposure.

It's not like they'd be able to pay her all that much for them.