Your first car

wild_goat_14

I don't really like Harleys. Then again, I don't like the chopper style, I love the older street and cafe racer kinda style. But, hey, your first ride is a bike. That's straight up G!

We sold what was to be my truck today. Too much work, at least we got 2,000 for it. Me and my dad were looking on Craigslist, and we saw two exciting deals, though. One, a 1993 Lexus ES for 1500! We called them, and apparently it has really bad transmission trouble (it fell out because it wasn't taken care of by the first owner, now it got rebuilt badly and it's smoking and leaking, hopefully it wouldn't take a whole replacement). Then, we saw: a '72 charger! For 3 GRAND! WHOOSH! We talked to the guy, and he says it runs great, just under a hundred thousand miles because it was never used a lot (he was the original owner), engine was rebuilt at about 70k, the only problem is it has a bad body, and the interior is really dirty. The body and paint are really [bleep] up.

But then again, it's a lime-green '72 charger. How cool is that? If we fixed it up good, it would be worth way more than $11,000, me and my dad reckoned. The problem it would have if it were my first car would definitely be a) gas mileage and B) parts. If anything broke, finding parts for something that old would be tough, and because it's such a popular car, they'd be expensive.

I'm not gonna hold my breath, though. Should be getting my permit soon, at least.

Meh, that particular bike is more my dad's style, since he's had it and fixed it up for himself and such. I'm more into smaller bikes.

But still; Harley. Yes.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then again, it's a lime-green '72 charger. How cool is that?

Dude, that's [bleep]ing awesome. I'd kill for a car like that.

My first car was a sweet little two-door 2002 Accord. Got it for really cheap despite the face that the previous owner had done some pretty good engine work to it. It didn't roar, but it had some surprising punch to it. Sadly, I got T-boned by a guy who wasn't paying a lick of attention, and it was totaled.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I drive a 2000 dodge neon 5 spd >.>

paid $2000 for it in 2006/07 so we got a damned good deal on it :P

back when, im sure i could've went and re-sold it for 4k.

got new struts and lowering springs on it, so it's pretty low.

next thing to get is thicker sway bars and new wheels & stickier tires.

only pic of it when it's lowered:

210lpon.jpg

also, ive got intake, exhaust, a gutted/straight cat and 2.5" piping all the way back. thank god for no emissions in michigan ;)

and it sounds suprisingly decent for a 2.0liter 4banger :P

Ok. Here we have both Chrysler and Dodge Neon. Chrysler Neons have a more round back end of the car, while Dodge Neon are less round and more flat on the back end. That's why I said that.

I paid $2000 for it in 2006/07 so we got a damned good deal on it :P

Heheheheh :-#

Looks good so far, maybe Gloss Murder it? Might make it look really good.

How much have you put into it so far?

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

My first car that I regularly drove was my mom's 1999 Nissan Sentra. My first car that I owned was a '95 Ford Taurus sedan, not the wagon. Had SHO which was pretty cool so it hauled [wagon].

I just recently got an Alfa Romeo 159 with right side steering. Bought it off a guy who got it for his wife from England and she hated it so I got it for a wheel. It led to a great story though...

About 6 weeks back I was driving and I got pulled over. I won't tell you why. Anyway the cop came up the the window and asked my friend if he knew why he pulled him over. My friend said "I don't know, why don't you ask her? She's the one driving." The cop had a really dumb look on his face when he realized the steering wheel was on the other side. Stupid Pinellas Park redneck cop. :x

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.