Your first car

wild_goat_14

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, my uncle has a convertible Dakota. He hasn't kept it in repair, though, and it's just sitting by his barn, haha. That's a nice Grand Prix, too, especially for how much you got it for.

Thanks :thumbsup: I'm looking to get a new car though, the transmission is about shot in it after all the miles. Im trying to get a cobalt so i can get to school and pay less

I enjoy biking (especially pedaling hard to satisfy my need for speed :P ) and I think I am beginning to want to learn how to ride one of those crotch rockets.

:-# The only bad thing about motorcycles is riding in the rain. Although I have 0 experience, I would imagine riding in the rain to be a pain and scary around corners.

As for the original post, I've had my license since last August, but I don't own a car. I drive either mum's '05 silver Camry or dad's '04 silver Odyssey. I like the Camry's powersteering, but the new Honda models (the Accords and the Odysseys) of 2008 and 2009 make me drool. Very sexy things when compared to the cars in my family's garage.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I bought a '91 Ford Corsair in May, when I got my Ps. It's definitely not perfect: the handbreak doesn't work, the fuel light doesn't work, the odometer doesn't work, I need to use a special button to make the horn work at it hardly ever does anyway. I still like it though. It's the perfect size. :)

[hide=]73C958556C0F48F597D857964D379736.jpg

Not my actual car, but mine is identical to this one.[/hide]

Cool.

Not got a car yet and I'm 19! However I have a fast motorbike these days ;).

First motorbike was a Yamaha ybr 125, old mans bike ! XD

What's surprizing about not having a car at 19?

No clue. I'm 21 and won't have a car for quite a while. I'm still studying and that means there is not much to spend. Can't imagine young people like me really needing a car.

No clue. I'm 21 and won't have a car for quite a while. I'm still studying and that means there is not much to spend. Can't imagine young people like me really needing a car.

I have a car but I rarely drive it. Everyone thinks im crazy that I would rather ride my bike or walk than drive, but I really don't like wasting money on gas and I enjoy biking much more.

111-1.jpg

Heh, I needed a car because I live quite far from my parents and can't depend on others for groceries, but I walk to college and places that are close :P. Took a car that doesn't cost much compared to other cars because I don't have much to spend :P.

I enjoy biking (especially pedaling hard to satisfy my need for speed :P ) and I think I am beginning to want to learn how to ride one of those crotch rockets.

:-# The only bad thing about motorcycles is riding in the rain. Although I have 0 experience, I would imagine riding in the rain to be a pain and scary around corners.

As for the original post, I've had my license since last August, but I don't own a car. I drive either mum's '05 silver Camry or dad's '04 silver Odyssey. I like the Camry's powersteering, but the new Honda models (the Accords and the Odysseys) of 2008 and 2009 make me drool. Very sexy things when compared to the cars in my family's garage.

I know. I live in Minnesota, where it rains and is cold all the time. It sucks. Also, I'm only 15, so I only have a permit. It's a 1 seater motorcycle. I can only drive with my parents. Get why that fails?

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

1986 Monte carlo ss, 65,000 miles

2nd owner

dual flowmasters

paid $3,000.00 went half with my parents when i was 16, had about $1,800.00 saved up

Rest of the money i put into subwoofers and tweaters :thumbsup:

sig2di2.png

99 Magic achieved in December 2004.

99 Cooking achieved in Novemeber 2003.

743rd to achieve 80 Dungeoneering.

Won over 5.5 Bill staking in partyhats and cash.

RSC product account created in 2002.

First one I had was -90 diesel passat, still sitting at backyard waiting for new engine - 613 thousand kilometeres driven on first one before, cylinder head cracked.

Currently driving -90 nissan bluebird, also diesel one. about 110 kilometres daily for work so Diesel is best choice for me, I don't really care about looks of my cars either as it's only tool for me.

1988 Chevrolet Scottsdale

IMG_9399-1.jpg

And no. Its not my car. ITS MY BABY.

Im only 15 so I cant drive (alone) yet, but it was EXTREMELY cheap so i got it anyway. all paid for by ME! and Im damn proud of it :D

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

How much does an average used car cost nowadays? I don't have a car yet but I'm getting my license in a couple months and will probably start looking soon.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

How much does an average used car cost nowadays? I don't have a car yet but I'm getting my license in a couple months and will probably start looking soon.

I got my truck (2 posts up) for about $200. yes two hundred, not a typo on 2k or 20k.

But really it all costs on what you want. A car, truck, motorcycle? and the year it was made, the shape its in, upgrades.. All details.

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Two hundred? Dang.

If you're not looking for a real quality used car, it won't be any more than 5 grand. If you're good at finding deals, or have cool parents or something, you might be able to snag a nice one for under $2500. If you think you could handle it, I'd recommend a 92-97 Lexus SC, most that I've seen are around $4200, which is a good price if you find one without any real flaws. Just make sure it's stable mechanically (it will be), and settle for being okay with either: 1) body damage or 2) interior flaws.

Sara is clearly one of the guys in that new movie, The Goods.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I don't really like Harleys. Then again, I don't like the chopper style, I love the older street and cafe racer kinda style. But, hey, your first ride is a bike. That's straight up G!

We sold what was to be my truck today. Too much work, at least we got 2,000 for it. Me and my dad were looking on Craigslist, and we saw two exciting deals, though. One, a 1993 Lexus ES for 1500! We called them, and apparently it has really bad transmission trouble (it fell out because it wasn't taken care of by the first owner, now it got rebuilt badly and it's smoking and leaking, hopefully it wouldn't take a whole replacement). Then, we saw: a '72 charger! For 3 GRAND! WHOOSH! We talked to the guy, and he says it runs great, just under a hundred thousand miles because it was never used a lot (he was the original owner), engine was rebuilt at about 70k, the only problem is it has a bad body, and the interior is really dirty. The body and paint are really [bleep]ed up.

But then again, it's a lime-green '72 charger. How cool is that? If we fixed it up good, it would be worth way more than $11,000, me and my dad reckoned. The problem it would have if it were my first car would definitely be a) gas mileage and B) parts. If anything broke, finding parts for something that old would be tough, and because it's such a popular car, they'd be expensive.

I'm not gonna hold my breath, though. Should be getting my permit soon, at least.

Two hundred? Dang.

If you're not looking for a real quality used car, it won't be any more than 5 grand. If you're good at finding deals, or have cool parents or something, you might be able to snag a nice one for under $2500. If you think you could handle it, I'd recommend a 92-97 Lexus SC, most that I've seen are around $4200, which is a good price if you find one without any real flaws. Just make sure it's stable mechanically (it will be), and settle for being okay with either: 1) body damage or 2) interior flaws.

Sara is clearly one of the guys in that new movie, The Goods.

Haha nah. The guy that sold it is just either [developmentally delayed]ed or didnt want it. Dont see why he wouldnt other than the fact it gets about 12mpg... But meh, my mom fills my tank when I mowes teh lawn.

and when I do get a job someday, Im gonna put atleast 10+ Grand on it. i.e. a good, custom lift kit. Looking at 14" and good iRok 44" Bogging tires, maybe a new engine I found, a custom built 383 big block (might blow it) and a couple other cool things. Definatly a new paint job, maybe Hugger Orange or straight white with blasted black rims and rollbar. i got some plans for muh baby =P~

and a 72 charger sounds smexeh. Id get it and fix it up over a long while. make it worth it with your dad, me and my dad fixed my truck in like 3 weeks.. Not too much fun, especially since we dont get to spend alot of time together anymore. But having a car like that would be totally worth it, even if the parts are somewhat expensive and hard to find. the parts for my truck are EXTREMELY hard to find because of it being a Scottsdale and not a Silverado. But we pulled it off for hardly anything. the interior can be covered up with seat covers and whatnot until you can get new real interior, and the body can be refurbished for a decent price.. and at 3k you wouldnt have a loss at all even if it dosnt come out the way you want. It'll still be an awesome car!

Yeah, I know my dad would like that but he's torn between wanting to do something like that and remembering his first cars. He started driving in the early 80's or late 70's - I mean, his first car was a blue '71 GTO! Him or his friends have had just about every cool car I like, and he can remember them all breaking down before too long. I think that's his problem.

Whatever, once I start working, I won't have much to spend money on. And once I'm rich, I'm not gonna have a fancy house or anything. I'm gonna have a fleet of muscle cars, and slowly whittle my fleet down until I've found my perfect match.