Your first car

wild_goat_14

Well today I woke up and was told that I am getting the car I've been looking at. This made me think, how do people's first cars usually go? So post about what car you had first, and what experiences you had with it.

I now have a '99 Ford Taurus SE, cost $1700, has 140,000 miles on it. I really am enjoying the freedom of driving.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

140,000 Miles?! She's been well used!

And I don't have a car, still only 15. :(

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I got my first car 11 days ago. 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 130k miles, got it for $2750, which is around 1k dollars less than the Kelly Blue Book value, simply because my step-dad knew the owner and cut me a deal. Supposedly Honda Civics last 300k+ miles.

[hide=This is my car, but mine has a spoiler]1996-1998_Honda_Civic_Coupe.JPG[/hide]

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

My first car was technically a '77 Volkwagen Beetle, convertible. Unfortunately I've never driven it on the road because it needs fixing and my far more mechanically inclined dad is too busy/lazy to do it.

So now I have a '93 Mercury Tracer that's put me through hell. Transmission seal busted, hit a deer (not the car's fault but not mine either), slid on ice turning into my driveway and busted out the right headlight on a stone wall (again pretty much just bad luck.) My most recent adventure involved blowing a gasket, once again as I turned into my driveway, causing the steering and breaks to lock and me to roll into a ditch.

Car still hasn't recovered from that last one. Currently I have no vehicle.

p2gq.jpg

i'll be 19 in august and still dont have a car -.- , i've driven my parents cars, friends car, and work cars into like 10 different states though, so if i could actually get a car it would solve a lot of problems in my life, all my money i get goes to college (couple $K a year), or Ski patrol/EMT class (lost a solid $1.5k there in a year) so i dont have alot of spending money

legends2.jpg

93' Miata. Had to buy it myself, and I got it cheap for only $2,500. I have to pay for my own insurance too. :/

My Miata is a beast, 1.8L engine, rear wheel drive, and I have a new drive shaft inside. Currently saving up for a cool air intake system, trying to get more horse power without spending too much.

1260955552084-1.jpg

My first, and current, car is a '95 Ford Taurus with 180,000 miles on it. The radio (randomly) quit working last year, the air conditioner sucks (I currently use the 4-down at 55 method for air conditioning ;) ), the front passenger door lock is unresponsive to the electric lock button and the lock itself practically goes into the door when you lock it, so you have to pull the handle from the inside or use the key to unlock it, and the back, left door handle is about to stop working, I think (if you don't pull up on it right where it goes into the door, nothing happens). Oh, and there's a giant dent in the front, right fender from when I deer hit it while my cousin was driving it like 6 years ago (3 days after she got her license :lol: ).

Other than all that, it runs fine and is a great car for someone like myself (if I still have it after I graduate college and start making money, I think I'll stick a giant V8 in it just for the heck of it :ugeek: ). I <3: that car. :lol:

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I have a car, just no license.

It's a 2001 chevy cavalier with a spoiler, and it still works, and doesn't need any repairs on it yet. 200 or so thousand kilometres on it. Now I just need to grow up and get a license.

First: 97' Exel. Was horrid.

Current: 98' Ford Futura, too costly on fuel

Soon buying: 98' Hyandai S-Coupe. Better looking, Fuel friendly and 2 door so no more idiot drunks expecting a taxi. ::'

Popoto.~<3

I'm 21, quite time I buy a car, and I will buy it this next weekend: Toyota Echo 2002. Going to cost me 2k, but is a pretty reliable car. 255k Kilometers and 2 accidents, but still drives and looks like new (I know the actual owner of the car :P).

1993 Jeep Cherokee. Jeep Cherokees are the most reliable vehicles on the planet as long as you get one pre-1994.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

1994 Chevrolet Blazer 4wd 2door. Its got 198k miles but its got a new 4.3l engine dropped in it before i bought it. It just needs some new tires and a new starter because mines going out. But other than that a pretty good vehical so far.

Low_C.png

I have a car, just no license.

It's a 2001 chevy cavalier with a spoiler, and it still works, and doesn't need any repairs on it yet. 200 or so thousand kilometres on it. Now I just need to grow up and get a license.

My friend has a black Cavalier sitting in his driveway but he doesn't have a license. :wall:

For a sec, I was wondering if he was a Tiffer. 0.o

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I don't have my car nor my license, but when I do my parents agreed I could use one of their cars.

[hide=Chevrolet Tracker]http://dealerrevs.com/pictures/7987328.jpg[/hide]

Not an awesome car but its gonna get me from point A to point B.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Audi a4, 2001. Got it off my cousin for $7000 before he moved back to Guatemala. Awesome car, runs almost as well as my dads BMW, in my opinion. <3:

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Audi a4, 2001. Got it off my cousin for $7000 before he moved back to Guatemala. Awesome car, runs almost as well as my dads BMW, in my opinion. <3:

Shexy ride bro. You pay for it?

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Most of it. Haven't bought anything major for like three years, so I had like 4K. Dad paid for the rest+insurance. Gonna eventually buy it off when I find a job.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

I don't own a car, but my parents let me drive their lame-o Subaru wagon if I'm on a date. During the summer, however, I get to drive my (deceased) grand-father's Oldsmobile:

[hide=]oldsmobile_history_2.jpg[/hide]

My family and I call it the boat, my friends the couch/pimp-mobile :thumbsup:

Yes, it is the worst possible car to drive. I don't dare go fast in it because the repairs my dad and I have done to it are EXTREMELY sketchy, but we keep it running since it's old enough to be a collector's item.

hiccup.png