Slayer- armor/weapon/master/charms

Kaphias

I've decided to get my charms for 60-70 summoning through slayer, as I find conventional combat boring. Below is the outfit I've used in the past. I have always used Vannaka for my tasks as he is easy to get to. (maybe time to change that, lol.) I have not completed smoking kills so Sumona is not an option. If one master is better than another for charm dropping assignments, I'd like to know.

I'm willing to spend up to 6 or 7M on combat stuff/supplies.

Slayeroutfit1.png

84cab46dc0.png

Thanks.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Fury helps a lot so I would get that first.

Replace torags lets with veracs skirt as the prayer bonus helps if you want to piety or 10% prayer the last few of a task.

If you have access to them barrows gloves otherwise regen (as good as addy and allows you to gain 2hp per minute).

Get warrior or berserker ring (personally I use RoW).

The rest is exactly what I use (replace black mask with slayer helm).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

use duradel if ur gonna use a slayer master, he gives really high level monsters that have generally good drops and give good xp, not to mention they usually drop a lot of charms

2h87rk8.jpg

Drops:2x Dragon Chain, 8x Dragon Platelegs, 3x Dragon Plateskirts

Recently Demoted to F2P, now getting 99 attack via giant spiders

First, I suggest you do smoking kills so you can get the Slayer Helm, Slayer Rings, the ability to block and skip tasks. A Fury would help, and a Bezerker ring will also be better then the RoL. Duradel assigns better charm droppers. If you get a task of waterfiends from him, that's about 100 crims a task. Also noticeable tasks are Black Demons, Dust Devils, and Greaters.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Use Duradel, he gives some waterfiend, dust devil, and black demon tasks. Start smoking kills so you can start to block tasks like the dragons and whatever else you don't like. If you can, I would cannon some tasks, because normally you even up from the drops of the monster.

Always use super potions on every task, you could also 10% because the herb drops alone cover the pots.

randomkcopyq.png

I would do Smoking Kills definatley (before you even star)t. - You can then do a mixture of Sumona and Duradel.

If you really, really want to use Vannaka you wont need Torag's at all as the monsters he assigns are very weak.

The setup looks pretty good.

I would buy Karil's top and bottom for Jelly, Bloodveld and Waterfiend taks which i seem to get alot.

Next step ups for you now is fury from glory ammy, and Barrows gloves instead of a combat bracelet.

In my opinion, only use a ring of life if you feel you might die. For example, on my first waterfiends, iron and steel dragon tasks i used a ring of life just to make sure i was comfortable going there afterwards without one.

Change to a Berserker or a Warrior ring if you want a cheaper option.

Everything else looks pretty good.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

couple of changes:

-do smoking kills (a must for slayer)

-get barrow gloves, at least rune or drag since they are not that hard and you dont need the 175 questpoints...

-since you are willing to spend 6-7m, the first thing to buy is a fury and a zerker ring, the cost seems big, but u feel the difference immediately

-only slay masters that are worth using are summona, put ur house in polly so getting a new task is easy (use duradel for 10th task) or duradel the whole way. pro's for summona are: lot of cannonable tasks that arent very difficult either, con's: no real adventurous monsters, lot of repetition and duradel gives tasks with more charms. pro's for duradel: sometimes there is some adventure in it, like if you dont often kill squahs or so... and he assignes the best charmdroppers a lot (u often get waterfiends, firegiants (ok gold charms, but thats like free xp in summ), black demons and dust devils. con's: sometimes hard and/or enoying tasks (read black drags(good loot but oh so slow), mith drags or wrapted(sp?) terrorbirds)

-u can use the 10%pray but thats something personal, i dont like it, but other pll can slay without

also, dont forget to perm skip(after u got slay helmet of course) steel drags: most awfull monster to slay

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

Not to mention you can get plenty of profit off slayer points after you're done buying the "learn" techniques of slayer helm, and slayer rings.

I would stick with sumona for a while just so tasks are easier and faster :thumbup:

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I would also definatly recommend doing Smoking Kills and working towards a Slayer Helmet. It proves to be very useful when slaying. I would also recommend a RoW instead of the RoL you are using. I personally use Chaeldar for slayer tasks. Lost City is easy to get to (provided you have done the quest) and the tasks you get give you good experience, drops and you can get them done pretty quickly also!

Climber_Kid.png

Current Goal

Climber_Kid.png

I'd suggest completing the Smoking Kills quest so you can obtain the slayer helmet. Then, use Duradel as your slayer master. You can quickly get to him by either Karamja Diary (Hard) Gloves Teleport or by making your house in Brimhaven, then simply taking the cart to Shilo Village. I personally prefer the gloves, but used to use the house method before I acquired them.

Your setup looks alright. You could tweak it with some more expensive items, but it depends on what you are willing to spend. Happy slayerizing. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

What I would do:

-Do Smoking Kills. Very simple quest and if you would be stupid to do slayer without it really.

• *Spend points on blacklisting tasks first and then buy your slayer helm

-Ditch the bracelet for Barrows Gloves (finish RFD)

-Buy a Berserker Ring

-Use Duradel for every task.

-Always use super attack and super strength pots

Things you might think about:

-Getting the Karamja Gloves 3

-Buying a fury

pan.png

I've decided to get my charms for 60-70 summoning through slayer, as I find conventional combat boring. Below is the outfit I've used in the past. I have always used Vannaka for my tasks as he is easy to get to. (maybe time to change that, lol.) I have not completed smoking kills so Sumona is not an option. If one master is better than another for charm dropping assignments, I'd like to know.

I'm willing to spend up to 6 or 7M on combat stuff/supplies.

[hide=]Slayeroutfit1.png

84cab46dc0.png[/hide]

Thanks.

You haven't said what quests you'd be willing to do, but as a frequent slayer, this is what I've found.

First, more monsters assigned will mean more charms. For that reason, I think doing tasks with Chaldear would be good. None of them are that tough.

I would definitely do Smoking Kills as soon as possible, even if you don't really want to or think it's a hassle. Once you DO do it, you'll see why. Getting those points opens a few things that I think have been game changers for me. First and foremost, the Ring of Slaying. Since you already have a black mask, you might put all possible points toward learning how to craft those first BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE NECESSARY CRAFTING LEVEL. If not, get that Slayer Helm crafting technique first and if you have the necessary Fletching level, then the broad bolts and arrows. If you already have the Crafting level needed or are close, those rings open up entirely new possibilities, not the least of which is teleport access to the Fairy Ring Teleport network, and a nice semi-renewable teleport into the middle of the desert.

Barrows gloves are great, but I made it without them for a long time until I finally got off my rear and completed Desert Treasure.

My set-up varies with the assignment. Most of the time, I "prayered" up...especially for the tougher monsters. Even and especially if you don't care about cost, prayer potions would be a lot cheaper than fancy gear and quicker than food. For those monsters that deal two different kinds of damage, gearing up for magic defense and praying melee seems to work. There are some monsters that can be easily dispatched without prayer and for those, even simple Rune platebody, Rune platelegs can get you buy.

When I am simple slaying (easier monsters), I'll have equipped:

[hide=Straight up slayin']Helm/ Slayer helm

Body/ Rune platebody

Legs/ Rune platelegs

Gloves/Barrows gloves

Boots/ Fremennik sea boots 3

Necklace/ Amulet of glory

Cape/ Obsidian cape

Ring/ Ring of wealth

Shield/ Dragon sq shield[/hide]

I didn't always have the Slayer helm, so a Black mask or Helm of neitznot are alternatives. If you can improve on the body and legs, you COULD, but I think those did fine for me. When I used to be on tasks, it would always be the Combat bracelet instead of Barrows gloves, those are a recent addition. Combat bracelet is fine, but you could go with Klank's gauntlets or something if you really wanted to...those are free from a quest and I used them for a long time. The cape...before I bought an Obby cape I would have the Cape of legends on and sometimes even just my Spotted cape (don't have access to Spottier yet). Boots...kind of the same thing...for a long time I just dealt with Fremennik sea boots 2 (underrated IMO) or even Boots of lightness. I would buy an Amulet of fury, but I don't really see a need and got by with the Ammy of glory. Ring of wealth...better drops, but sometimes I'd put on the Ring of slaying (it's either there or in my inventory with a Lunar staff) if the monster didn't have rare drops worth my time. Dragon square is great, but you could upgrade if you had the cash, or get by with a Rune kiteshield like I did until the miracle Dragon left half drop I got from Black knights.

If I'm praying against one type of attack:

[hide=Praying]Helm/ Proselyte sallet

Body/ Proselyte hauberk

Legs/ Proselyte cuisse

Gloves/ White gloves

Boots/ White boots

Necklace/ Guthix stole

Cape/ Obsidian cape

Ring/ Explorer's ring 3

Shield/ Falador shield 3[/hide]

With substitutions possible wherever you need. Buying better versions would be better, and if you have the Slayer helm and Barrows, those are obvious substitutions, with Combat bracelet still making an appearance from time to time on tasks I want to know about for restocking purposes.

Ranging:

[hide=Ranging it]Helm/ Archer helm

Body/ Black d'hide

Legs/ Black d'hide

Gloves/ Barrows gloves

Boots/ Snakeskin boots

Cape/ Ava's accumulator

Ring/ Ring of wealth

Shield/ None or Unholy book

Weapon/ Crystal bow full or Rune crossbow[/hide]

It gets easy with tasks I can range. I'm sure there are better boosting possibilities, but again, my tasks go quick and I don't see the need. Put the cash toward bolts or better boosting equipment as you can.

Sometimes I just need a good magic defense and don't pray:

[hide=Magic defense]Helm> Bearhead or Slayer helm

Body/ Black d'hide

Legs/ Black d'hide

Gloves/ Black [bleep]y vambraces

Boots/ Silly jester boots

Necklace/ Amulet of defence > Amulet of glory

Cape/ Obsidian cape

Ring/ Lunar ring > Beacon ring

Shield/ Mind shield[/hide]

In those rare cases, this set-up gets me through with minimal food or prayer.

I know it's a lot to look at and you're under no obligation to read any of it, but I have done a lot of slaying. As has been mentioned, do Smoking Kills ASAP...if you use Chaldear, you shouldn't have to block anything. Just remember to Duradel or Sumona (if you're not 100 combat) the 10th and 50th tasks.

Even if you have money to spend, spend it where it will really make a difference. At least, that's what I do.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

[hide=long quote]

You haven't said what quests you'd be willing to do, but as a frequent slayer, this is what I've found.

First, more monsters assigned will mean more charms. For that reason, I think doing tasks with Chaldear would be good. None of them are that tough.

I would definitely do Smoking Kills as soon as possible, even if you don't really want to or think it's a hassle. Once you DO do it, you'll see why. Getting those points opens a few things that I think have been game changers for me. First and foremost, the Ring of Slaying. Since you already have a black mask, you might put all possible points toward learning how to craft those first BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE NECESSARY CRAFTING LEVEL. If not, get that Slayer Helm crafting technique first and if you have the necessary Fletching level, then the broad bolts and arrows. If you already have the Crafting level needed or are close, those rings open up entirely new possibilities, not the least of which is teleport access to the Fairy Ring Teleport network, and a nice semi-renewable teleport into the middle of the desert.

Barrows gloves are great, but I made it without them for a long time until I finally got off my rear and completed Desert Treasure.

My set-up varies with the assignment. Most of the time, I "prayered" up...especially for the tougher monsters. Even and especially if you don't care about cost, prayer potions would be a lot cheaper than fancy gear and quicker than food. For those monsters that deal two different kinds of damage, gearing up for magic defense and praying melee seems to work. There are some monsters that can be easily dispatched without prayer and for those, even simple Rune platebody, Rune platelegs can get you buy.

When I am simple slaying (easier monsters), I'll have equipped:

[hide=Straight up slayin']Helm/ Slayer helm

Body/ Rune platebody

Legs/ Rune platelegs

Gloves/Barrows gloves

Boots/ Fremennik sea boots 3

Cape/ Obsidian cape

Ring/ Ring of wealth

Shield/ Dragon sq shield[/hide]

I didn't always have the Slayer helm, so a Black mask or Helm of neitznot are alternatives. If you can improve on the body and legs, you COULD, but I think those did fine for me. When I used to be on tasks, it would always be the Combat bracelet instead of Barrows gloves, those are a recent addition. Combat bracelet is fine, but you could go with Klank's gauntlets or something if you really wanted to...those are free from a quest and I used them for a long time. The cape...before I bought an Obby cape I would have the Cape of legends on and sometimes even just my Spotted cape (don't have access to Spottier yet). Boots...kind of the same thing...for a long time I just dealt with Fremennik sea boots 2 (underrated IMO) or even Boots of lightness. I would buy an Amulet of fury, but I don't really see a need and got by with the Ammy of glory. Ring of wealth...better drops, but sometimes I'd put on the Ring of slaying (it's either there or in my inventory with a Lunar staff) if the monster didn't have rare drops worth my time. Dragon square is great, but you could upgrade if you had the cash, or get by with a Rune kiteshield like I did until the miracle Dragon left half drop I got from Black knights.

If I'm praying against one type of attack:

[hide=Praying]Helm/ Proselyte sallet

Body/ Proselyte hauberk

Legs/ Proselyte cuisse

Gloves/ White gloves

Boots/ White boots

Necklace/ Guthix stole

Cape/ Obsidian cape

Ring/ Explorer's ring 3

Shield/ Falador shield 3[/hide]

With substitutions possible wherever you need. Buying better versions would be better, and if you have the Slayer helm and Barrows, those are obvious substitutions, with Combat bracelet still making an appearance from time to time on tasks I want to know about for restocking purposes.

Ranging:

[hide=Ranging it]Helm/ Archer helm

Body/ Black d'hide

Legs/ Black d'hide

Gloves/ Barrows gloves

Boots/ Snakeskin boots

Cape/ Ava's accumulator

Ring/ Ring of wealth

Shield/ None or Unholy book

Weapon/ Crystal bow full or Rune crossbow[/hide]

It gets easy with tasks I can range. I'm sure there are better boosting possibilities, but again, my tasks go quick and I don't see the need. Put the cash toward bolts or better boosting equipment as you can.

Sometimes I just need a good magic defense and don't pray:

[hide=Magic defense]Helm> Bearhead or Slayer helm

Body/ Black d'hide

Legs/ Black d'hide

Gloves/ Black [bleep]y vambraces

Boots/ Silly jester boots

Necklace/ Amulet of defence > Amulet of glory

Cape/ Obsidian cape

Ring/ Lunar ring > Beacon ring

Shield/ Mind shield[/hide]

In those rare cases, this set-up gets me through with minimal food or prayer.

I know it's a lot to look at and you're under no obligation to read any of it, but I have done a lot of slaying. As has been mentioned, do Smoking Kills ASAP...if you use Chaldear, you shouldn't have to block anything. Just remember to Duradel or Sumona (if you're not 100 combat) the 10th and 50th tasks.

Even if you have money to spend, spend it where it will really make a difference. At least, that's what I do.

[/hide]Straight up slaying

barrows is a big improvement, less eating =more time killing.

D boots are amazing compared to those fremmy 3 boots

If you replace the rune with barrows you don't need the sq so can use a rune defender.

Remember more offensive gear, means faster kills = faster exp.

Praying always wear black mask/slayer helm 15% increase is a big increase.

Cape god cloak, 99 trimmed or fire; since your praying you don't need defense.

Gloves and bottoms offer such a small bonus theres no point in using them over barrows and dragon.

Shield, I personally go with rune defender for faster kills.

Ranging tank with void.

Magic defense.

Again gloves and boots have little effect so go for power over the little bonus.

Cape, magic arena then that cloak

Shield again I always pick the fast kills to reduce the damage that way.

Same goes for the necklace glory = faster kills. But get a fury and you'll never go back.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]