Mass Effect Thread

sithlord_man

Infiltrator is really best played with a sniper. If you're not too hot on the trigger like me, a rifle like the Viper is pretty good because of the super low recoil and reload time. You get 6 shots so you're allowed to miss and not be totally screwed.

Otherwise, I've only seen shotgun infiltrators, who run around doing objectives mostly and occasionally blast mooks with their gun (easy in bronze, trickier in silver + gold)

As for vanguarding, I personally took the double nova and the shield/armour/barrier pierce upgrades. Very strong and flexible. A lot of times, full nova is not necessary for damage and also being able to use it twice gives you more damage immunity time.

Shockwave is pretty much useless I found.

Naive, what are your thoughts on level 6 drone? Actually good?

I used to run 6/6/6/0/6, but I'm thinking of going for 3/6/6/5/6 since the alliance training is pretty darn useful.

I agree engie is beast; rip defences all day long lol.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips guys. As for Engineer, I go with 3/6/6/5/6. I mostly just use the drones to distract enemies so maxing it out is pointless. Really funny how a single drone can stop geth primes, brutes and banshees.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Thanks for the tips guys. As for Engineer, I go with 3/6/6/5/6. I mostly just use the drones to distract enemies so maxing it out is pointless. Really funny how a single drone can stop geth primes, brutes and banshees.

I've been wondering how effective the chain shock is and if you can trigger tech explosions with that + overload.

I run a 6/6/6/5/3 Engineer

Rocket drone mops up the footsoldiers very nicely, and murders guardians :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

The Salarian engineer is awesome, I got 82,000 in the last bronze game I played and I'm not even that particularly good at it.

I hardly ever play on Sunday afternoons, but I did a few hours ago. What's with all the idiots playing around that time? Everyone seemed completely uninterested in the objectives, and I played 3 games in a row where we only got partial extraction because one or two douchebags were out there trying to get their personal score higher (which makes no difference).

I know people above were talking about Vanguards, I hate to say it but almost every Vanguard I play with is an idiot. It's to the point now where if I see two in the lobby and both go ready I will leave the lobby. Those games I talked about above, at least on of the stupid people was a Vanguard. I know that charge power is one they like to use, but you should not use it during a hack or during the final 30 seconds of an extraction. Just stay put and do the [bleep]ing objective so that you don't [bleep] over everyone else.

Also if there is an [wagon] out there being stupid and they die, don't run from the objective to save them. Just let them die or waste a medigel.

EDIT: Just played with someone N7 rank 1480, which is 33rd in the world, and they played a Vanguard. They still did stupid ass stuff, and we ended up losing a silver match. There is just something about being a Vanguard that make people stupid...

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Vanguard is meant to jump into stupid situations but still live if they can use double nova correctly. It's usually the case that people fudge up that second nova.

N7 rank is also an awful indicator of skill and should only ever be used as a rough estimate. Remember that you can still get XP from AFKing if your team mates are good enough.

Also if you're playing bronze, the more vanguards, the merrier. I think 4 vanguards can achieve the fastest possible clear time on a bronze map.

EDIT: Just played with someone N7 rank 1480, which is 33rd in the world, and they played a Vanguard. They still did stupid ass stuff, and we ended up losing a silver match. There is just something about being a Vanguard that make people stupid...

The class is designed as the 'high risk high reward' class and it definitely rewards you for being reckless. A good vanguard will probably have the highest personal score on the team, but it seems to be like snipers in any other game; Most people aren't that good. Definitely worth playing that class in story mode to get a feel for its strengths and weaknesses, because you can't just charge in and use nova and expect everything to die.

Plus, even if you're good, you're still probably going to die a lot. That's the kind of class it is.

Might be a bit biased, it's the only class I have over level 5, and I've been in love with it since playing as it on the second hardest difficulty in 2 :razz:

I've done a few silver matches with a pretty high ranked Vanguard who knew exactly how to play it, it was almost artful.

But I'm always wary of any Vanguard who's lower than rank 20, which is kinda hypocritical since I don't promote my engineer anymore so I'm stuck at 80 rank lol :P

dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Vanguard is fun. It's the only class I completely disregard my weapon on since you have ridiculous range on charge and nova being a strong AoE. Not confident with it on silver at all though.

I think engineers and sentinels are the most flexible classes.

I've basically worked out my strategy as a human engineer now.

I use a heavy pistol with a scope, and when each wave starts I find where some enemies spawn and send a drone right in the midst of it, then look for other mobs. When I find them I spam overload. A lot. With both chain upgrades and neural shock it is a PERFECT power to spam on everything. Sometimes I'll follow up with an incinerate to do a tech burst, which only seems to work on the original overloaded mob, not anything hit by the chain :(

The only time I really use incinerate often is on the heavy enemies with armor, but I always call in a drone for support, the rockets are just lovely for that kind of stuff :) Which also explains my choice of weapon, heavy pistols being lovely for armored enemies, light enough to let me keep 200% recharge rate, and doubles as a jury rigged sniper rifle for sending my drone across the map or slinging powers too.

This all works great for bronze, and silver as well as long as your teammates know what they're doing. Haven't tried gold yet because Bronze to silver was already a big enough shock lol.

Overload and Rocket drone are my best friends :D

I'm kind of considering deploying and respeccing, taking points from incinerate to put into Fitness. Right now I go 6/6/6/5/3, wondering if I can improve that. Thoughts?

dea6a17b9c.png

I've played a couple of matches in Gold and I must say...fitness does have a huge impact, that or maybe I'm better at dodging now that's why I don't die a lot haha. I use the Phalanx with barrel and ammo upgrade (not comfy using the scope). I haven't tried max drone with rocket yet but you say it's awesome so I'll give it a shot (have a couple of re-spec cards).

The enemies spawn depending on where your team is (I think) so that'll give you an idea where to place your drone aka early warning device.

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I really want to try a gold game, but I would feel bad if I was the downfall to the game. In bronze and even in silver I can make up for a bad player, or at least hold my own, but if gold is the same jump then I would probably be bottom of the barrel again.

EDIT: Jumbo pack is 10 random equipment or supply items. Not my cup of tea, have plenty of all that. Wouldn't mind an in game sort of barter system, I have a shit ton of shotgun/sniper rifle upgrades I will never use. Also have a ton of ammo refill packs, those are never really needed. That might change though if they ever fix the shots not doing damage bug.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I must admit a lot of my praise of the rocket drone comes from Bronze. How it transitions into Silver, it's more of a distraction than anything, though it does get a kill every now and then.

Is the jump from Silver to Gold about the same in scope with Bronze to Silver Shyla?

dea6a17b9c.png

I must admit a lot of my praise of the rocket drone comes from Bronze. How it transitions into Silver, it's more of a distraction than anything, though it does get a kill every now and then.

Is the jump from Silver to Gold about the same in scope with Bronze to Silver Shyla?

Bronze to Silver was like shifting from Normal to Insanity (or Hardcore?). Insanity has nothing on Gold. Wave 3 and there's like 4-5 Banshees spawning - and they don't spawn one at a time (or maybe we just took too long to kill one). Cerberus and Geth are more manageable especially if you have good infiltrators and stasis/biotic explosion spammers. When fighting reapers I wish I can just stay cloaked the whole game :ohnoes:

I've only completed Gold four times. Never against reapers. Oh and the drone doesn't seem to distract brutes and banshees anymore (gold).

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Interesting, now I don't know if I want to play it or not :) .

Well I played the Drell Vanguard starting at level 6 tonight, and I became one of those people who had no idea what they were doing. There were 3 other high level people in there so I figured I could coast on by. One of them left, one of them was a level 20 vanguard and was doing worse than me somehow, and then the other guy was great just couldn't make up the difference for having two vanguards dying in there and no one to back him. First two rounds were fine, but after that I died every wave until the connection timed out for some reason on level 6.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'm going to try and figure out the vanguard, just need to find the right team to go with. Tried playing by myself, it was pretty bad...

EDIT: I also like the challenge this weekend, mostly because I also already have two level 20 characters so it will be easy :)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Lame the challenges aren't for Ps3

This sucks :(

dea6a17b9c.png

Yeah, Sony is being retarded with letting Bioware extend the challenges to the ps3 platform too. Oh well. I'm still trying to unlock my Quarian Engineer :(

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Yeah, Sony is being retarded with letting Bioware extend the challenges to the ps3 platform too. Oh well. I'm still trying to unlock my Quarian Engineer :(

Still no Quarians for me either...

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'm going to try and figure out the vanguard, just need to find the right team to go with. Tried playing by myself, it was pretty bad...

EDIT: I also like the challenge this weekend, mostly because I also already have two level 20 characters so it will be easy :)

What level do you have your vanguard? What difficulty are you playing on?

I solo'd a bronze match as a level 19 vanguard against cerberus recently. Took a little longer, but super fun.

Also just got my krogan sentinel :thumbsup:

What level do you have your vanguard? What difficulty are you playing on?

I solo'd a bronze match as a level 19 vanguard against cerberus recently. Took a little longer, but super fun.

Also just got my krogan sentinel :thumbsup:

I was level 6 when I wrote that, found a few good teams to play with last night and ended up getting up to level 12. I think I figured it out for the most part, still die a little more than I'd like but that might get better once I get fitness up a bit more to get the extra health/shields.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg