Mass Effect Thread

sithlord_man

I've always used Garrus. I did the Garrus/Tali combo in ME1 but switched to Garrus/Mordin in ME2. I still stand by that Mordin is my favorite character in ME2. (And he sings!)

Mordin I think is my favourite character in any video game ever. He is just that awesome.

I really liked his backstory as well, was one of the better ones I thought.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started my second play through last night, still just as fun as the first time. Wish I had more time to play though: you do a dossier mission, go through a bunch of dialogue and maybe mine a planet or two and woah. There goes an hour or two.

Still love the game though. :mrgreen:

• 5 weeks later...

New Character released for 560 MS points on the 360.

Be prepared to wait a while for the fact that its 716MB of memory.

• 1 month later...

Did my first run through after importing my file. Beat it easily on normal as an infiltrator (Assassin cloak class), redid the ending just for the achievement (Just had to switch out one of the team leaders).

Right now I'm on my second play through, this time on Insanity still as an infiltrator, and I just finished horizon. I love the assassin's cloak, it makes some enemies so easy. Increased weapon damage, you have all the time to line up shots, and if you need to, find better cover. Incinerate is a pretty sweet ability as well against the Collectors. I find that most of the time both of my teammates end up dying, even for incredibly simple fights. As I don't waste my medi-gel on a basic fight, that means that half the time I'm by myself. That's where the cloak comes in. Wait for them to break cover, use it, they stand still, and you have the perfect chance to line up a shot. Insanity is hard as hell. I'm slightly afraid of krogans because of Garrus' and Moridin's recruitment missions.

So what are the different combinations of biotics you guys have found? So far the only thing I've seen is using Warp on an enemy after they've been Pulled/Thrown/Slammed. My favourite is Slam followed by Unstable Warp. Lifts the guy out of cover, then they explode right above their enemy. Doesn't always work, but when it does it works well.

Also, I'm disappointed in the heavy weapons. I've yet to find one that I'd use over a regular weapon. In fact, most of the time I just ignore them. The Cain is probably the only thing I'm going to use, maybe even the particle beam if it proves well on most enemies. Is Arc Projector effective against non-tech enemies?

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Found this yesterday: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mass-Effect-Going-Multiplayer-24890.html

The next Mass Effect might not be a solely single-player experience. A new job posting on LinkedIn suggests that the series is taking a turn toward multiplayer.

Maybe "suggests" is too weak a verb - the BioWare Montreal opening (picture below) is for a "Multiplayer Programmer (Mass Effect Franchise)."

Hopefully this means co-op and not an FPS spinoff.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I've sunk so many hours into ME2 lately. Beat it on normal first, then on veteran, and just today I finished my Insanity run. Nobody died :thumbup:

It's not really that hard for the most part, but there are certain parts that are absolute HELL, from lack of cover, to enemies that like to charge/flank you, or both (godamn husks <_< ). Final boss was still easy though :rolleyes: Bit more interesting, but still easy.

Yeah, I loved using throw field on husks while playing on normal. But on Insane every bottom rung mook and his brother has either armor, biotic barrier, or shields. Including husks. If I'm lucky enough to get them in a group one incineration blast can get rid of their armor, but then again I'd rather have someone else with the same ability or drones for distraction.

• 2 months later...

ME2 is going to be on PS3 in Jan '11, interesting to see how they get the ME1 story into the game without having it playable.

Hopefully by releasing ME1 beforehand. Though I read that the original plan was to have a prologue and a series of questions that both explained what happened in ME1 and before Shepard's resurrection. Questions like "Who died on Virmire" and such. The only one that made it to the actual game was "Who became the counselor" because it saves before you make that choice in 1.

Much better to play it though. Need to have ME1 on PS3 as well.

Haven't played ME but can't they just do a story synopsis, or is it one of those decision making games where the ending is different?

It's the kind of game where a one-scene character that you can choose not to kill comes back. Also where a lot of lesser details about the plot (Esp. the Cerberus organization) and your character come out through exploration. I'd really say that you can't get in to the sequel without playing 1.