Mass Effect Thread

sithlord_man

I'm dissappointed with the Vangaurd class this game. In ME1 the Vangaurd had so many more biotic powers but now all we get is Shock Wave, Charge (useless!!!), and Pull. In ME1 there was Warp, Throw, Lift, Stasis, and Barrier. Where the Hell are my biotics dammit?

That is why I switched to soldier. ME1 vanguard was awesome.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major end of game spoilers:

[hide]

So apparently, I messed up. I had every single person (including shepard) die. I'm not sure if I could actually have done any different or not. I think I'm going to replay the game on hardcore as a soldier, do all the side quest stuff I missed.

[/hide]

[hide]

So apparently, I messed up. I had every single person (including shepard) die. I'm not sure if I could actually have done any different or not. I think I'm going to replay the game on hardcore as a soldier, do all the side quest stuff I missed.

[/hide]

Ummm... try and use that save on Mass Effect 2 and post the results.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

[hide]

[/hide]

Can you do a new game+ sort of deal?

[hide]

[/hide]

Can you do a new game+ sort of deal?

How do you mean?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I just finished the game and, even though I say this for a lot of games, I truly mean it for this one: this is the absolute BEST storyline and ending of any game ever that I've played. It may be because I love almost anything to do with Space but the way that Bioware made this game is absolutely astounding. The boss fight was crazy but not crazily hard, the ending sequence was amazing and the very last few seconds will stick in my mind till number 3 comes along. How they developed the concept of a Reaper is great as well, I was NOT seeing that coming. I didn't get the romance sub-plot though so I'm going to have to replay it soon :) I also made sure Tali and Garrus survived because they were my main team mates in ME1 and I stuck by them for most of the finale. I had too many people die for my tastes though, four didn't come back with me.

EDIT: I just found out once you finish the game you can continue with the same character and finish and side quests and "develop relationships" so I did that and yay, Paramour Achievement! :) <3 you Tali.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Could you keep playing after you beat ME1?

No, you either had to replay the last mission over and over or start a new game with the same character.

Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

Game beat. Only 1 dead.

RIP Legion. You were awesome while you lasted.

I think I've found my mistake and will be able to make it through the Suicide Mission next time. PM me if you want to know what to do for it.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'm playing through again and making sure I don't lose near as many people.

Your mistake was that you gunned through it. Gain everyone's loyalty. You also probably didn't upgrade your ship so remember to excavate the hell out of any planet you see.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Your mistake was that you gunned through it. Gain everyone's loyalty. You also probably didn't upgrade your ship so remember to excavate the hell out of any planet you see.

In your second play-through you start with 200,000 Credits and 10,000 of every ore including Element Zero so it shouldn't be as hard to find resources. I think you also get bonuses while excavating.

s2k10n.png

Yeah, I got loyalty of the people I wanted to, figured I could do others later lol.

In your second play-through you start with 200,000 Credits and 10,000 of every ore including Element Zero so it shouldn't be as hard to find resources. I think you also get bonuses while excavating.

Rescources and credits were easy. I also thought it was wierd how everything from ME1 came back in the form of a message, or in an actual meeting. I can't wait to see what comes back to bite me in the [wagon] in ME3.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Beat it. Only lost Tali, that stupid [bleep].

Lost her at the pipes? You also proably took Legion's side in the argument right?

What argument? I lost her because I didn't get her loyalty after her side quest.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Beat it. Only lost Tali, that stupid [bleep].

Lost her at the pipes? You also proably took Legion's side in the argument right?

What argument? I lost her because I didn't get her loyalty after her side quest.

Ah, nevermind then. On mine Tali was ready to shoot Legion and I took her side in the argument and lost Legion's loyalty that way.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'm probably going to rent it soon, and I had a question.

Isit possible to erm... "steer" the game in such a way to kill characters that annoy you?

The only time I know of that character can die, is in the end. So it wouldn't really matter anyway.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm probably going to rent it soon, and I had a question.

Isit possible to erm... "steer" the game in such a way to kill characters that annoy you?

Don't gain their loyalty and and they probably won't survive. You can kill Samara and get her daughter onto your crew if you want.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Damn, is there anyway to regain loyalty of someone?

I lost the loyalty of Miranda because of an argument she had with Jack.

I heard that you could reconvice them if your Paragon/Renegade score was high enough but I'm not sure.

Anyways fighting Husks on Insanity is just so infuriating! I'm stuck on Horizon because of the damn things.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg