Mass Effect Thread

sithlord_man

Mass Effect 2 confirmed today to be coming out for PS3 January 2011

http://www.pcworld.com/article/203451/mass_effect_2_leaps_to_playstation_3.html?tk=hp_new

You mean like Mc90123 mentioned literaly 6 posts above?

Then PS3 owners will be missing out, or might as well get the PC version.

PC version of ME is riddled with DRM, to the point that some people can't even play it solely because of the DRM problem.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Leak today about ME3, brief outline.

[hide=Spoilers]Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.[/hide]

[hide=If you don't know the small bits of information in here you've probably never played ME1]I somehow really doubt that. Earth is not the most important part of the ME universe, and how would the Reapers have gotten there so fast without the Relay inside the Citadel? Although the part about unifying the galaxy to save everything is definitely going to be true, because you can see it happening in ME2 in a number of ways, for example, if you don't kill Wrex in the first one then he becomes the leader of the Krogans (most of them) and is unifying them and is willing to help Shepard when the time comes, which will definitely be important. Also the Rachni Queen has a messenger on Ilium who gives you a message essentially saying that she will also help when it is needed. [/hide]

Okay after looking into it the leak is looking possible, but I'm still not entirely sure that they would center it just around Earth, although that would probably be the Reaper's first target, so I don't know.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

[spoiler=ME2 spoilers]In ME2, when you board the collector ship when it is "dormant" in space, Garrus mentioned something about "even if the Collectors gathered from every human colony out there, it still wouldn't be enough to fill those pods. They are targeting Earth." or something along those lines. And since the collectors are the Protheans and slaves to the Reapers, Earth seems like a very viable target.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Leak today about ME3, brief outline.

[hide=Spoilers]Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.[/hide]

The Reaper dudes? I totally forgot the story, need to replay through both games again soon I think. Totally sucks that PS3 are getting it though.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I don't care if the PS3 is getting it, that just means more people to love Mass Effect. Also, Mass Effect 3 is most likely getting announced at the VGAs soon, because they're going to reveal "the next Bioware game", and Mass Effect fits in to that schedule. Also, Bioware won Studio of the Year, which is great.

Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

MASS EFFECT THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HOLIDAY 2011

Amazing reveal trailer.

s2k10n.png

MASS EFFECT THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HOLIDAY 2011

Amazing reveal trailer.

If you have the trailer, please post it so we can all see it D:

Is ME1 really worth buying if I've beaten ME2? I'm sure it's cheap but is it as fun? I'd also like to fully enjoy the story for when ME3 comes out.

For 15 bucks online? Definitely. (It is pretty fun)

Lets not forget the factor of having the imported character content.

I reeeeeeeeeally hope they get rid of the need for ammo in ME3. So annoying to run out of ammo and have 3 collector assassins trying to kill you at once <_<

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I reeeeeeeeeally hope they get rid of the need for ammo in ME3. So annoying to run out of ammo and have 3 collector assassins trying to kill you at once <_<

The platform battle on the derelict collector ship on Insane? Most frustrating fight ever, especially when the save system decides that I started the mission AFTER I saved right before the fight. Oh, and then auto save doesn't save after I finish the fight and need to escape. Raaaaaage when I get killed and find out I have to reattempt that fight.

But yeah, I'm loving soldier class. Adrenaline Rush + Revenant Assault Rifle = me being able to kill Harbinger in one clip. Also, all of those weapons means that ammo isn't too much of a worry.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

But yeah, I'm loving soldier class. Adrenaline Rush + Revenant Assault Rifle = me being able to kill Harbinger in one clip. Also, all of those weapons means that ammo isn't too much of a worry.

I've found that in most missions I only end up using one or two weapons. Some are pretty sniper/shotgun (un)friendly, so I end up using either just that one or not at all (Shotgun for the collector base, for example, and sniper for anything that involves husks)

• 4 weeks later...

Is it worth buying the Shadow Broker and Kasumi mission from the DLC thing on Mass Effect 2? I kinda want to complete my squad so I'm considering buying the Kasumi one.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢