Mass Effect Thread

sithlord_man

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. More time till launch = more time to work out bugs, add content, etc. When was it origionally supposed to come out? Fall-ish? I was surprised when they announced it to release that early. I'm glad for the push-back.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Good. More time till launch = more time to work out bugs, add content, etc. When was it origionally supposed to come out? Fall-ish? I was surprised when they announced it to release that early. I'm glad for the push-back.

It was only pushed back a few months. Instead of a December Release, its a January release.

They basically did it because the holiday season release is extremely cutthroat and there isn't enough hype for it to get as many sales as it normally would.

I'm not amused really, but I understand why. Just...don't wish I had to wait just so they can line their pockets a bit more >_>

hzvjpwS.gif

At least one level has to be big enough for Shepard to fight using a 50-foot tall Cerberus mech.

Niiiice =D

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just beat Mass Effect 2 on what I thought was Insanity...later found out it was Hardcore....All I can say is screw that, I seriously do not want to play th WHOLE DAMN CAMPAIGN AGAIN because of it -.-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Did anyone actually like the ME3 ending? <_<

After the initial 'what the hell was that' feeling, I came to like Shepard's ending, but wish that they didn't leave everything else out.

[spoiler=Spoilery stuff]

It really did go downhill after the Illusive Man/Anderson's death, though.

I loved it, since I never looked online (to avoid spoilers) I didn't even know people didn't like it until my cousin told me. He said something about it getting a (at the time) 3.5/10 user rating on a website, and I had the what the [bleep] face going on for a while. I started my second playthrough shortly after that, so I didn't look at anything ME related for another few days, eventually it ate away at me and I just wanted to figure out why people hated it so much.

After reading tons of people complaining about it, I understand where they are coming from but I don't agree. I still liked it a lot.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Did anyone actually like the ME3 ending? <_<

Not particularly, but I don't think that's a reason to downrate the game. The rest of it was visually stunning, challenging, and entertaining on so many levels: epicness, badassery, unmitigated horror, and even some humor.

I actually had to back off on hardcore mode partway through. It gets pretty intense, especially during the final mission. I look forward to being thoroughly trounced on insanity.

It just felt like such an empty ending and I can't help but feel like this single 5 minute sequence in some way tainted the rest of my experience in ME.

I still freaking loved the rest of the game. They closed out a lot of the plot lines extremely well; I really liked what happened with the Genophage and how the quarians and geth turned out, at least in my play through.

MORDIN :cry: ...A scientist salarian, Mordin. Through to the end.

Also Legion :-(

Mordin can be saved, but only under very special circumstances. Wrex cannot be alive, and Eve cannot survive. Otherwise Mordin will be totally determined to reverse the sabotage, and you'll either have to let him or kill him to prevent him from doing so. Mordin trusts Wrex, and he trusts that Eve would mitigate Wreav's influence, but with Wreav alone to lead the krogans Mordin can be convinced that history will repeat itself.

So yeah, they dealt Mordin a pretty harsh hand in ME3. Not only are you forced to choose the renegade option, but you have to choose him over Wrex and Eve.

I'm glad that Tali, the Quarians, and the Geth at least can all be saved if you play your cards right.

Just started playing this the other day, I don't really understand how the theatre of war works other than the fact by completing side missions you gain more forces for your army. Also, what's up with so many dudes saying they have husbands!? Haha

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Just started playing this the other day, I don't really understand how the theatre of war works other than the fact by completing side missions you gain more forces for your army. Also, what's up with so many dudes saying they have husbands!? Haha

There is a console in the war room with a bar on it, has military rating and effective military rating. You want effective to be over 5000 for the best ending, then supposedly there are different steps down from there. To get over 5000 you have to play some multiplayer, since there is less than 10000 possible in single player, and the 50% comes from the multiplayer score.

Before I started playing multiplayer this was the only thing that I thought was stupid with the game. I never play multiplayer, ever, so I would normally never be able to get the "best" ending in single player, which is just ridiculous. It doesn't bother me much now though since I did play some multiplayer, and found it fun, so now I have 100% readiness and still play it :)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

There is a console in the war room with a bar on it, has military rating and effective military rating. You want effective to be over 5000 for the best ending, then supposedly there are different steps down from there. To get over 5000 you have to play some multiplayer, since there is less than 10000 possible in single player, and the 50% comes from the multiplayer score.

Before I started playing multiplayer this was the only thing that I thought was stupid with the game. I never play multiplayer, ever, so I would normally never be able to get the "best" ending in single player, which is just ridiculous. It doesn't bother me much now though since I did play some multiplayer, and found it fun, so now I have 100% readiness and still play it :)

Ah i see how it is. Btw if Grunt survived in the last game was he supposed to be in this one? Just wondering if the characters who died in your ME2 save effect this one. I can't even remember who survived in my ME2 playthrough though.

Ah i see how it is. Btw if Grunt survived in the last game was he supposed to be in this one? Just wondering if the characters who died in your ME2 save effect this one. I can't even remember who survived in my ME2 playthrough though.

Yea, Grunt appears on Tuchanka I think, but can die there if certain choices are made.

On an unrelated note...

[spoiler=This video contains spoilers of the ending of ME3.]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSwW7jflAQ&feature=player_embedded

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Yea, Grunt appears on Tuchanka I think, but can die there if certain choices are made.

On an unrelated note...

[spoiler=This video contains spoilers of the ending of ME3.]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSwW7jflAQ&feature=player_embedded

Yeah I know what you mean. That wasn't Grunt for me though i'm sure.

Can you even get a Krogan squad member? If so I haven't unlocked one yet, and I want one. :o