Mass Effect Thread

sithlord_man

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The illusive man has a real G-man vibe to him, that's for sure.

Anyone know any easy way to get a bunch of platinum? Mining is boring and I'm at a point where I need to get a bunch of upgrades for people.

You are playing through again?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

element zero is so hard to find

It will usually say something about eezo in the planet description. There is a system with three asteroids in an asteroid belt that are all rich and have eezo in them. That's where I got it the first play through. The second play through they start you off with more than you need for the entire game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/944906/58925 this could also help, I never used it because you can just check every planet as you go to the systems and get enough. But if for some reason you need something now and don't feel like searching you can just look on that page.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

thanks, e zero is still low (maxed out the others) but isn't as bad

adept sucks in ME2, "shockwave" isn't as good as i'd hope. i'll import my vanguard after this

Vanguard is worse because you get the "All powerful Charge ability". Charge sucks and it's only useful when there's one enemy left without his shield/armor/barrier.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

What difficulty are you playing on? But either way, yeah screw shockwave. For higher difficulties you need warp (until you can get reave) to not die. Adept + energy drain is pretty much the best though. Just make sure to max out the passive to get shorter cool downs. Also go for wide singularity. Don't put more than one or two points in pull and throw, they are just for emergencies (really short cooldowns). Depending on how you spec adepts can be the best or they can be the worst.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The illusive man has a real G-man vibe to him, that's for sure.

Anyone know any easy way to get a bunch of platinum? Mining is boring and I'm at a point where I need to get a bunch of upgrades for people.

You are playing through again?

Well no it's still my second play through.

How much paragon rating do you need anyways to get Miranda's loyalty back. I'm about half way up it right now and still can't... and I'm not sure how many more missions I have to get it up.

Renegade is 10x more awesome then paragon. I like pushing people out windows.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

How much paragon rating do you need anyways to get Miranda's loyalty back. I'm about half way up it right now and still can't... and I'm not sure how many more missions I have to get it up.

You have as much time as you need until after the derelict reaper. And you need it maxed.

I need to do a renegade playthrough... Starting on ME1 though.

You have as much time as you need until after the derelict reaper. And you need it maxed.

I need to do a renegade playthrough... Starting on ME1 though.

[cabbage], maxed? The problem is that I've done all of the loyalty quests now (haven't gotten the reaper yet this playthrough).

Any easy ways to get it up?

Blagh wrong quote. @ Nadril

One class specialization gives a 100% bonus to the scores. If you don't have it you could either switch briefly or level it.

Already had that sadly.

I'm going around trying to do some side missions and stuff right now to get it up.

e: found out that you can ask to be sponsored to all the shops, like 5 paragon rating per lol. Going around doing that as well as just knocking out side quests.

"I am commander Shepard and this is my favorite store in the citadel!"

I always bought out the entire store and then intimidated the shopkeep for a discount. :thumbsup:

...why? If it's your first play through you can just barely afford every item in the game, and that is only if you import a rich ME1 character. You have to get the discounts at every store before you buy.

Anyways I thought the paragon discount was pretty lame; getting the exact same animation and sound bite for four different stores is kind of lazy.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

There are a few different things you get resources/credits from in the beginning. After you have completed ME2 twice, or once starting with ME1 import, every new character will start with 50k of every resource and 200k credits. If you import a lvl 50 ME1 character you start with 2k exp (level 3), 5k each resource and 25k credits. If you import a lvl 60 ME1 character you start with 4k exp (level 5), 10k each resource and 50k credits. There is supposed to be a bonus for level 51-59 that is between but I am not sure about those, most likely it is right between the other two. Regardless, all ME1 characters imported have a chance for 100k credits if they were rich in ME1. Also 20% of both your renegade and paragon scores are carried over.

So you can start the game with 350k credits and 60k of every resource, and at level 5 with 20% of either renegade or paragon already done. I don't see the advantage of starting with a ME2 character, you do get to keep a few things from your first playthrough but at most you will start with 200k credits and 50k resources, and absolutely no paragon or renegade points.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg