Mass Effect Thread

sithlord_man

I loved the first ME, and loathed the second (not the story, just the gameplay...) Good luck finding the first ME in stores though, I looked in all of my local game sellers (best buy, GameStop, smaller chain sellers) and couldn't find it. If you do decide to get the series, start with 1, so you get the import bonuses, choices, etc.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really the appreciated the full RPG feel to the ME1. The vast exploration by foot and vehicle, the inventory system, greater amounts of dialogue, it all came together to create the experience of it being in a huge world you trying to save it.

I loved the first ME, and loathed the second (not the story, just the gameplay...) Good luck finding the first ME in stores though, I looked in all of my local game sellers (best buy, GameStop, smaller chain sellers) and couldn't find it. If you do decide to get the series, start with 1, so you get the import bonuses, choices, etc.

never use game stores any more, use amazon or ebay

Ranqecaravan.png

Any human vanguard you see will 9 times out of 10 get themselves killed spectacularly. Learn to detest them :D

And the krogans who think they can melee a full-healthed atlas, banshee and a pack of ravagers and pyros. I really don't like krogan teammates now <_<

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Any human vanguard you see will 9 times out of 10 get themselves killed spectacularly. Learn to detest them :D

And the krogans who think they can melee a full-healthed atlas, banshee and a pack of ravagers and pyros. I really don't like krogan teammates now <_<

Even when I am a Krogan, I steer clear of melee when I've got more than 2 enemies at hand. And anyone who wants to melee a Banshee...well...they can go do that. See how it works for them without the ability to roll/dodge backwards. >.>

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

You should do 1+2 first.

This. I strongly advise this as well.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

If nothing else but to delay your ME3 ending experience until they release Director's cut, play ME1 and 2.

...That, and you'll be able to make all of the choices leading up to said ending. :razz:

Especially since creating a new character for 2/3 gives you all of the 'bad' choices by default, and one of the biggest parts of the franchise is making those choices/seeing their impact on the story.

Plus without the first 2/3 of the story you'll have 0 attachment to the recurring characters

RIP MORDIN :'(

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

why dosnt 360 get the same hacking and decription as pc. both would work with a joystick

I don't know if I ever realized they got something different. They don't do the circular frogger thing? It would work with a joystick, it was actually a little janky with the keyboard. I think they expected you to use the mouse for it but for some reason I never did.

So I played my first two gold matches today. It was pretty awesome, did the generic FBW/Geth just to get my objective done for the weekend. Got first place in score both times which was unexpected, but I'm guessing there are a lot of people like me in there now rather than the normal gold players, just trying to get the weekend objective done.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

so just got mass effect 1. tips for new player?

Never buy weapons until you can afford spectre weapons, which require about 1M credits.

Also save a ton.

Yep. You're going to find a lot of your gear as random drops until that point. Just equip your teammates and sell everything else until you have that much (Which can be about 50-75% through the story depending on how many side quests you do). The Spectre weapons don't cost 1 million credits, but the store only stocks them once you get that much.

I get tiny heart attacks whenever a geth team mate uncloaks beside or behind me.

This.

Finished Mass Effect 3 in 2/3 long awesome sittings last weekend. Can't wait to see whether the DLC will repair the damage or makes things worse. :(

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

Finished Mass Effect 3 in 2/3 long awesome sittings last weekend. Can't wait to see whether the DLC will repair the damage or makes things worse. :(

Ahh hope...we have dismissed that claim.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS