What do you think about the Trade Limit?

okfolife

Tbh I think it fails. I mean for the kids that get scammed by stuff from the old book "Trimming God Armour" "Cutting diamonds" and stuff like that are just plain stupid. It's not our fault they fall for it. Sure it prevents people from being hacked or scammed but then again "NOT OUR FAULT". As long as they have the price checker in the trade I think it's all good. Basically that's all we need, The Grand Exchange and the Price Checker on the trade.

I just wish we can bring The Trade Limit to an end...:(

P.S. Idk if this is against the rule or not so don't flame.

Thanks for your time! :D

It realy hasn't effected me as much as other people because I was never the type that just gave stuff away or blindly loaned items out to friends. It is annoying sometimes but it realy doesn't get in the way too often. So it's ok I would rather not have it but it's not something I get mad over.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I've come to adjust. A 40-60k limit is large enough to give a friend most items they may be in dire need of. If not, the item lending feature covers most of those items. Sure, the GE is very annoying, as is the ability to manipulate the system, but as I said, I've come to adjust.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

The reason it affects me is because I made a new account and then I quit... Then I cam back but then I didn't know Jagex would go this far to put a trade limit and there is a lot of stuff I would like to get back from my main :(

The reason it affects me is because I made a new account and then I quit... Then I cam back but then I didn't know Jagex would go this far to put a trade limit and there is a lot of stuff I would like to get back from my main :(

Too bad your not supposed to be doing that anyway eusa_whistle.gif

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

for it to become active to prevent rule breaking was needed.

wtf its illegal?!?! >:o its my freaking account! lol.

I bet half the people here have done that before trade limit was enabled.

actually its not your account. in terms and condition, you agreed on that.

My opinion doesn't matter to anyone.

than don't post. #-o better to post your opinion than nothing.

Tbh I think it fails. I mean for the kids that get scammed by stuff from the old book "Trimming God Armour" "Cutting diamonds" and stuff like that are just plain stupid. It's not our fault they fall for it. Sure it prevents people from being hacked or scammed but then again "NOT OUR FAULT". As long as they have the price checker in the trade I think it's all good. Basically that's all we need, The Grand Exchange and the Price Checker on the trade.

I just wish we can bring The Trade Limit to an end...:(

P.S. Idk if this is against the rule or not so don't flame.

Thanks for your time! :D

And how does it fail?

It has stopped RWT, and that is what it was supposed to do.

Stopping scamming was just icing on the cake.

Prism_Swords.png

For god's sake, everyone needs to stop whining about the trade limit. Yes it's annoying, but if you EVER read the updates, you would realize that it's necessary to prevent further credit card fraud, which could have gotten banks very annoyed at Jagex.

And yes it's their account, that's another fact you would know if you ever read the things you agree to. In the terms and conditions, they say they can take it back at any time. Finally, what do you mean "Why don't they give us all max stats then??" Do you even think this through? They're a company, trying to make money. And believe it or not, they value the ability to do that above every random whim you get.

Ah fail hey btw nice thread about how amny freakin' Whips you got :o!

And sorry, but throwing out 'insults' at anybody who points out the stupidity of this thread doesn't make you look any smarter.

For god's sake, everyone needs to stop whining about the trade limit. Yes it's annoying, but if you EVER read the updates, you would realize that it's necessary to prevent further credit card fraud, which could have gotten banks very annoyed at Jagex.

And yes it's their account, that's another fact you would know if you ever read the things you agree to. In the terms and conditions, they say they can take it back at any time. Finally, what do you mean "Why don't they give us all max stats then??" Do you even think this through? They're a company, trying to make money. And believe it or not, they value the ability to do that above every random whim you get.

Ah fail hey btw nice thread about how amny freakin' Whips you got :o!

And sorry, but throwing out 'insults' at anybody who points out the stupidity of this thread doesn't make you look any smarter.

wtf are you talking about.

You would understand what I was talking about if you had half a brain and read half of what you saw.

And as everyone else just said, this topic is two years late, so why are you bringing it up now?

You would understand what I was talking about if you had half a brain and read half of what you saw.

And as everyone else just said, this topic is two years late, so why are you bringing it up now?

Oh here we go trying to bring up eachothers intelegence. IDGAF about what you think about my intelegence this is about the "trade limit" and only one person said "This topic seems to be 2 years late" if you had half a brain and read half of what you saw you would understand that only one person said "this topic is 2 years late"

So shut up.

If it was just to attack the Credit Card Fraud then why did they block drop trading? And the fact we can't get the opponents stuff when we kill them...

Exactly.

Well a reason I could think of is either:

A) The person was going to make a HUGE profit on an item, BUT.. trade limit stopped him *j/k*

B) We finally had a long long long time to consider what we think of it and it is now time to discuss this

Or C, my personal favorite) ALIENS TRY TO BUY OUT EARTH FOR A DOLLAR BUT JAGEX SET EARTH FOR AN OVERPRICED NUMBER ON GRAND EXCHANGE AND NOW ALIENS CAN'T BUY EARTH DUE TO TRADE LIMITS AND ARE GOING TO MERCH THE EARTH!!

On topic tough: Having the questcape, I don't mind :P 50k trade limit gets you a long way and the best thing of all is, PvP brings in a load of junk. (Not that I care about pvp/combat tbh, but for a lot of people it adds up)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

He, I remember when they first introduced Trade Limits. I played back then. :lol:

okfolife, one of the reasons trade limits were made is that nobody should be able to transfer any items or money between several accounts. So I guess it's actually working the way it should.

By the way, there's no need to go around insulting other people's intelligence, so everyone drop that.

This signature is intentionally left blank.