Post your FIRE CAPE achievement's Or Tries "Guide Added"

Walkingdeat4

I plan on trying a little later and why do people use Karils Top? It makes no sence.

because it's better than black d'hide for fight caves

The only thing that makes it better IIRC is mage def and i didn't think you got attacked by mage...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on trying a little later and why do people use Karils Top? It makes no sence.

The only thing that makes it better IIRC is mage def and i didn't think you got attacked by mage...

Karils has better range and mage def than black d'hides.

You don't need melee def because you use safespots on all of the monsters which attack with melee.

You need range def because of the 90s, which you receive significantly more attacks from than the meleers.

77yLQy8.png

You don't need melee def because you use safespots on all of the monsters which attack with melee.

You need range def because of the 90s, which you receive significantly more attacks from than the meleers.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?i ... it=Compare

Does 2 defence help you really get hit less?

Well you asked while people use Karil's top... I told you why it's better. As you can see from your figures, it is indeed better.

Is it better? Yes.

But will you be able to tell the difference? Probably not.

77yLQy8.png

2>0. So, yes.

It's not much but if you have/can afford it, then it's worth it.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Tried for the first time today. Got through the caves pretty easy. It was rather controlled. Used the Enhanced Excalibur in lieu of a P Pot. I didn't use a single brew through the waves thanks to it. Got to Jad...never seen him before. I froze. The attacks came in too fast and I couldn't concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing. Also I panic clicked my Prayers...turning them on and then right back off before the projectile hit. Took 3 hits and survived tho...4th one got me. I couldn't figure out how to switch to my Inventory to heal and get back fast enough to my Prayers. I just stood there lol. GF Jad. You don't scare me anymore. Next time...the Cape is mine!

3 tries, one try at 95 combat, one try at about 105 combat and i finally got the cape at 117 combat :s I was 86 ranged when i got the cape, I always panic at jad but i won in the end :D

Mari0.png

Mari0.png

1st try - froze on jad

2nd try - got to healers and panic'd

3rd try - Got the jad red barred, laughed, then watch myself get 89 ko'd

4th try - got the cape at like 124 combat or something.

5th try - after losing cape in fire giants cause of d/c (fml) died by a 3 healer pile.

6th try - desperately convinced self that skill capes are better than fire cape and never do it again... until I get bored again that is.

I feel like I'm a pro-fire cape getter person >.> (not)

120dgl.jpg

Tried for the first time today. Got through the caves pretty easy. It was rather controlled. Used the Enhanced Excalibur in lieu of a P Pot. I didn't use a single brew through the waves thanks to it. Got to Jad...never seen him before. I froze. The attacks came in too fast and I couldn't concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing. Also I panic clicked my Prayers...turning them on and then right back off before the projectile hit. Took 3 hits and survived tho...4th one got me. I couldn't figure out how to switch to my Inventory to heal and get back fast enough to my Prayers. I just stood there lol. GF Jad. You don't scare me anymore. Next time...the Cape is mine!

if you need to heal/pot in some way, on your prayers, wait till he attacks. change prayer and then as fast as you can click invy, the item you need, but only EVER do one dose/item per attack, or you risk being to slow to get back on the prayers page ready to change again.

1 dose per attack, basically.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

firecapes are easy tbh.. allthough ill be honest.. i did fail about 5 times before i actually did it.. now i find it easy.. these are the few capes screenies i have (yes i blacked out some names becuase they may/may not have been on my account :-w :-w :-# )

[hide=some jad pics]090709002635.png

090630115112.png

120qtlz.png

5yy6f.png[/hide]

ive also done like 3 or so others L.. my biggest tip is to just not worry at jad.. yea i know this sounds hard.. but really.. if you arent shaking in fear he is REALLY easy.

i just lost my cape on n00b so imma try another cape in like greendhide for lulz :D if successful im then gonna get one on my lvl 60 zerker pure :D

yeah if you can beat jad once you can beat him pretty much every time thereafter. I'm not really impressed by different people killing jad x amount of times with x methods. the interesting part has always been GETTING TO jad, with less and less advantages on your side, testing your survival skills to the max... which is pretty much what the minigame was designed to do in the first place :D

though I'll admit the only way of killing jad that's impressed me has been killing jad within melee range of him with wind strike without autocast. over 70 minutes of prayer switching haha... I still need to do that before members expires >_>

77yLQy8.png

@n00b, You also have 99 attack, strength, hp, magic and 95 range too ya bum. :lol:

My only attempt, Taking a Whip and food. nothing else. I first did it when I thought you could lose your items in there. though I still wouldn't bother even with 95 defence. Knowing my luck i'd lag up or something. (and I only have 6.2m)

Popoto.~<3

@n00b, You also have 99 attack, strength, hp, magic and 95 range too ya bum. :lol:

My only attempt, Taking a Whip and food. nothing else. I first did it when I thought you could lose your items in there. though I still wouldn't bother even with 95 defence. Knowing my luck i'd lag up or something. (and I only have 6.2m)

i can tell you one of the accounts which "may/may not" have been mine was only 75 and when i first did it i was 73 range and 49 def :D

i can tell you one of the accounts which "may/may not" have been mine was only 75 and when i first did it i was 73 range and 49 def :D

Yeah but did it have over 6m? ;)

Popoto.~<3

Yeah but did it have over 6m? ;)

probably not :P was the one in veracs helm and skirt and karils and stuff.. you dont need expensive gear for caves though :P

[hide=Ain't she a beaut]firecape.png[/hide]

Took me two tries, first one spawned in the middle and healers+jad didn't go so well. Second time spawned south of the Italy Rock, easy as pie.

The_Stand.png

Well, I attempted it earlier for the first time. Got to Jad but panicked he got me down to 2hp fairly rapidly, however I got lucky as I frantically drank my sara brews he didn't manage to kill me. Unfortunately the frantic drinking threw me off a little, I got to the healers and succumbed to a magic attack.

Hopefully I will fair better tomorrow now I know what to expect. :pray:

Drow4.png

Finally got my cape yesterday \'

Tried twice the previous day and died at jad twice, one because of lag and the other because animations failed.

Got to jad without touching any brews and didn't need any during the fight either. Only messed up pray once and he hit a 28.

GF Jad. =D>

C(21)H(30)O(2)

I tried again yesterday and lagged out :wall:

I think my only problem now is the fact my internet is an unreliable piece of pewp :roll:

Will get it next time i do caves (when my connection is good :oops: )

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

OMG!

I was at wave 60 in the Fire Caves. Doing great still had all my brews, and lots of super restores left.

I had been having a great run, taking very little damage, even answered a phone call in the middle.

At the end of wave 60, with the 360 at 1/2 hp and the 90 & 180 trapped around a corner, the Runescape window goes black. Solid black. All I can still see is the 'Home' and 'Search' toolbar at the top of the screen.

What gives? This is ridiculous. Is there some conspiracy against me getting the cape?

Like I said, this is ridiculous. No I don't have proof, I could do it again if I wanted, but I have no guarantee that it won't happen again so why should I try?

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

so yea decided to go and get my cape back, in the best gear i could afford..

090816014248.png

got to jad with 3 brews and like 12 restore left, anyway was owning jad (slowly) his healers came out, so i got all the healers to be piling me, yet when jad got low hp even though the healers where all on me, something continued to heal it, im not sure exactly what happened, so i killed a couple of the healers, before eventually running out of brews from being piled by the healers, didnt pray wrong once. ohwell

090816034207.png