Post your FIRE CAPE achievement's Or Tries "Guide Added"

Walkingdeat4

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you may have seen this but since it's on topic:

[yt]72lNfDNuls8[/yt]

the fact you got that far without armour is just amazing lol most people range till jad then kill it with whateva wep they want :wall:

Some of you may have seen this but since it's on topic:

[yt]72lNfDNuls8[/yt]

the fact you got that far without armour is just amazing lol most people range till jad then kill it with whateva wep they want :wall:

It involved:

- an extra hour of my time

- confidence in my pray flashing against the 360s

- strategic killing after wave 37

- a whole lot of running and retrapping after wave 52

- Wave 60 was probably the most dangerous.

I brought 4 pineapple pizzas, 18 prayer pots, 3 sara brews, and super restore for this.

Then Muggi told me on these forums that Easter Carrot has 0% chance of hitting anything at all...

I made a vid right after to see if that was true...

[yt]BzbxCBxxiik[/yt]

It was true. I studied the "Easter carrot max hit videos" and realized it was a hoax. They used a dart before switching into the carrot.

(Here's a bonus one I made recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GQaqoKSSU . The inventory was different because I cleared my bank and I had to...improvise LOL.)

(Mod Dan M stole my gnomeball...)

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Try #1 - I reach Jad, who spawns next to me and hits me with a 45. I run away panicked, and when I finally feel up to it, I don't switch prayers in time and boom, 76.

Try #2 - Bored, I start attacking a 360 and then switch tabs to a video. When I come back, I'm dead (I think I was in Melee range; stupid, I know.)

Try #3 - Wave 51, I'm fighting and my browser just closes all tabs randomly. So when I log back in, it took the liberty of exiting me from the caves.

Try #4 - I get to Jad, get in range to see the prep for his attacks and have half a chance. But I'm totally out of position for the healers, and the combined stress of attacking the healers, not having three on me, healing both my health and prayer, all the while switching prayers is too much. I mess up a switch and the 43 is all it needed to kill me.

Try #5 - I get a great spawn and all goes pretty flawlessly; one mistake that hits an 8. I never dropped any of my vials, so when I get out, my fire cape is on the floor. Of course, I get whisked away to a random event that I've never done before (building these beehives). Fortunately, it's pretty quick and I get back and pick up the Fire Cape and the Tokkul. Yes!

dawkins_pwns.png

dawkins_pwns.png

Try #5 - I get a great spawn and all goes pretty flawlessly; one mistake that hits an 8. I never dropped any of my vials, so when I get out, my fire cape is on the floor. Of course, I get whisked away to a random event that I've never done before (building these beehives). Fortunately, it's pretty quick and I get back and pick up the Fire Cape and the Tokkul. Yes!

Jagex should really do something about that, I had the same thing but I had the mime event, a bit longer and as I got back I grabbed my cape and the tokkul dissapeared when I took cape, guess I was lucky..

Really odd, I had 2 random events each time I came out on my 4 attempts..

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

#5 or 6

[hide=Picture]jaddowned1.png[/hide]

lost like 3 in 2 days at 1 point. got 2 in bank that does me

Wow, this is like the best fight caves picture I've ever seen.

I mean, I'm sure there are people who play on HD... but you've captured an artistic shot.

oo Ty, not the first to say i take a good screeny <3:

X_kaylin_X.png

Jagex should really do something about that, I had the same thing but I had the mime event, a bit longer and as I got back I grabbed my cape and the tokkul dissapeared when I took cape, guess I was lucky..

Really odd, I had 2 random events each time I came out on my 4 attempts..

Oh wow, so if you had taken the Tokkul first for whatever reason you would have lost the cape? o.O A fix really wouldn't be that hard...just something along the lines of, "Your inventory is full, Jal-Yt, so I will hold onto your reward until you make room."

dawkins_pwns.png

dawkins_pwns.png

Here's all my capes :D

Didn't take pictures of my first cape since I was nervous and pretty much focused on just getting the cape :P

I have the others though

firecapex.jpg

firecape3.jpg

firecape33.jpg

firecapedance.jpg

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Was going perfect, only 1 sara brew and 4 super restores used, was on the 360, 180, 90, and 2 45s wave... I'm just finishing off the 45s with a 360 trapped behind the italy rock (could'nt see me), and out of nowhere it kicks me out to the login screen.

Tried to log back in, but i got the message "you are already logged in, try again in a few minutes". When i managed to get back in, i was outside...

Just feels like someone at Jagex is sitting there saying "ooh, he's almost finished, DISCONNECT!! *click* "

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

1st attempt: I used sara brews with prayer potions. :shock: I didn't know that brews lowered ranged... -.-

2nd-8th attempts: All the same. A couple of my friends got fire capes while I was still trying to get mine. :x

9th attempt: I killed Jad. :thumbsup:

Then a week later I lag out at Guthan tunnel and die.

It took like 9 attempts again to get it back. :wall:

6 Attempts in 24 hours:

#1 - Disconnect around 25~

#2 - Disconnect around 35~

Switch to a non australian server

#3 - Die on jad. First time, big stuff ups. It had a good spawn though

#4 - Died on jad, same thing happened.

#5 - best attempt yet, got up to healers, got them all on me, too late praying, died. Bad jad spawn

#6 - Just horrible. It attacked out of range, i heard it was magic, too late. 86 down, tried to eat and prayer switch, it failed.

I need to work on my prayer switching :roll:

6 Attempts in 24 hours:

#1 - Disconnect around 25~

#2 - Disconnect around 35~

Switch to a non australian server

#3 - Die on jad. First time, big stuff ups. It had a good spawn though

#4 - Died on jad, same thing happened.

#5 - best attempt yet, got up to healers, got them all on me, too late praying, died. Bad jad spawn

#6 - Just horrible. It attacked out of range, i heard it was magic, too late. 86 down, tried to eat and prayer switch, it failed.

I need to work on my prayer switching :roll:

hey, in the archive of wisdom(in the general guide bit) there is a guide on practicising prayer switching for jad, it is by sirhemen, i think you'll find it useful.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.