What ring to use?

Norriie

Call me old school I guess, but I've been wearing my ring of wealth for the past 4 or 5 years.

I know there are other rings out there, but I've never really felt like they were necessary.

Money really isn't an issue to me, I don't mind spending a bit if it's something useful. I don't ever do gwd or anything like that, just normal pvm combat like slayer.

So, should I look into buying a warrior or berserker ring? Are they worth the small bonuses? Or am I better off staying with my good old ring of wealth?

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

For a while i used the RoW as well. When the Ring of Slaying came out i used that as i didn't have money for a better ring. And the teleports and the ability to check how many left in a task is nice.

Once i finally got the GP i bought myself a Beserker Ring and i love it. The +4 strength is nice to have and since you got the money i suggest you get one.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

ROW all the way! \'

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Use them for tasks like Abby demons, Dark beasts, Metal dragons, and mages (I might be missing something) but for other tasks, it's simply not worth having a 1% increased chance of getting a rune boot. I would recommend you buy a Berserker ring and use them for most tasks that doesn't have a 1 big drop.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I think the berserker ring is just another example of the stupid amount of money people spend to get and extra 1 or 2 on top of there max hit at the expense of accuracy.

I have a warrior ring, it suits me down to the ground. For what I lack in max hit I make up for in hitting more often so I usually kill quicker.

Just look at the price difference:

Berserker ring - 2.1m

Warrior - 230.2k

It just shows how obssesed people are with an extra 1 or 2 damage. Oh well it means I get stuff so much cheaper :thumbsup:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

My view is to switch depending on what you're doing:

Ring of Wealth : PvM (i would always rather increase probability of a good rare drop over incr a small increase in att/str)

Warrior/Berserker : PvP (which i never do lol)

Ring of Life : Combat heavy quests

Explorer Ring : Penguin Hunting or non-combat heavy quests also rcing

Archer : Fight Caves

But then each to their own, this debate will NEVER be resolved!

yon_hibernis.png

Definetly berserker. The problem with RoW is that the difference is too small. With berserker your kills/hr increase, so your drops will be the same with someone who used a RoW, but you end up with more exp. Ring of slayer is nice to have, but keep it in your inventory since it has no stats. Ring of life should always be used when your internet connecting is unstable, I also use RoL during thunderstorms in case of black-outs.

I've been training with a berserker for over 25m melee exp, it's really not something you regret, ever. Besides a fury, berserker rings are -THE- best of the expensive (1m+) items that you can invest. It's often called overated and compared to a warrior ring. I've tried both rings and it's obvious that warrior ring is the overated one. +4 slash attack? Whoopie!... Who the hell can notice a +4 slash attack bonus? Let alone during slayer training/Armoured zombies? No one.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I've been training with a berserker for over 25m melee exp, it's really not something you regret, ever. Besides a fury, berserker rings are -THE- best of the expensive (1m+) items that you can invest. It's often called overated and compared to a warrior ring. I've tried both rings and it's obvious that warrior ring is the overated one. +4 slash attack? Whoopie!... Who the hell can notice a +4 slash attack bonus? Let alone during slayer training/Armoured zombies? No one.

But +4 str WOW you can start hittin 100's with that! on top of that its an extra 2 mill! Overrated is underrating how overrated it is!

perfetc_666.png

But +4 str WOW you can start hittin 100's with that! on top of that its an extra 2 mill! Overrated is underrating how overrated it is!

Keep the attitude.

Like it or not, +4 strength has a NOTICABLE effect, the warrior ring can't say the same. None of that "+4 strength doesn't always even increase your max" rubbish either, since when you are potted the effect is there, and it averages out to be the same effect for everyone (although more useful for people with faster weapons). It also isn't that expensive, if 2m is enough for you to be acting over this badly, you should spend less time promoting warrior rings and more time making money ;)

But I wanna ask is berserker ring currently a merch item? Coz it rose a lot in price lately...

Should I buy it now or wait for a while...? thanks

I can't say, really. It could be inflation, or a merch clan, or both. I'm pretty impatient myself so I'd buy it just to have it quickly but you may want to wait a bit incase someone here knowns of a merch clan that is merching berserkers now.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Keep the attitude.

Like it or not, +4 strength has a NOTICABLE effect, the warrior ring can't say the same. None of that "+4 strength doesn't always even increase your max" rubbish either, since when you are potted the effect is there, and it averages out to be the same effect for everyone (although more useful for people with faster weapons). It also isn't that expensive, if 2m is enough for you to be acting over this badly, you should spend less time promoting warrior rings and more time making money ;)

But I wanna ask is berserker ring currently a merch item? Coz it rose a lot in price lately...

Should I buy it now or wait for a while...? thanks

I can't say, really. It could be inflation, or a merch clan, or both. I'm pretty impatient myself so I'd buy it just to have it quickly but you may want to wait a bit incase someone here knowns of a merch clan that is merching berserkers now.

So you can use sarcasm but I cant. :S

+4 str isnt noticable and niether is +4 slash but 2 mill is a huge price difference. Which makes the warrior ring a bargin and beserker a waste of money, if they were the same price then I wouldnt have a problem but 2 mil extra for 1 or 2 damage ... what a rip off!

People are obssesed with str, everything that increases it even slightly costs twice as much as everything that doesn't and for what a higher number when you hit? Its just not worth it.

perfetc_666.png

Ahh..the great strength debate: The source of multiple zeroes and random high hits in PVP and the Fighter Torso arguments.

In both cases, I don't think either the berserker or warrior ring is really enough to boost kills per hour by any significant amount. They may give you that slight edge in PvP, but for PvM it seems like there are better options. At the very very most the berserker will boost your hit by 1. It's a little more difficult to quantify the actual effect of +4 slash, but it's relatively small, like the +1 hit.

I personally prefer the lummy ring. Zero risk in any circumstance, +1 prayer gives me almost 4 more seconds of chivalry or 5 seconds of a protection prayer, the free infinite teleports are a good way of getting out of sticky situations, and those low alchs are good for mediocre drops during slayer. Oh and did I mention it was zero risk? I'm not losing 2mil or 230k, or even 11k for the RoW.

Ahh..the great strength debate: The source of multiple zeroes and random high hits in PVP and the Fighter Torso arguments.

In both cases, I don't think either the berserker or warrior ring is really enough to boost kills per hour by any significant amount. They may give you that slight edge in PvP, but for PvM it seems like there are better options. At the very very most the berserker will boost your hit by 1. It's a little more difficult to quantify the actual effect of +4 slash, but it's relatively small, like the +1 hit.

I personally prefer the lummy ring. Zero risk in any circumstance, +1 prayer gives me almost 4 more seconds of chivalry or 5 seconds of a protection prayer, the free infinite teleports are a good way of getting out of sticky situations, and those low alchs are good for mediocre drops during slayer. Oh and did I mention it was zero risk? I'm not losing 2mil or 230k, or even 11k for the RoW.

True, but that tele is crap for getting out of tight spots due to you having to click the ring then click cabbage-port

perfetc_666.png

Just stick to the Ring of Wealth, more rare drops will be more of an advantage than a minor strength bonus. :thumbsup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]