You call this Honor?

gorgoroth

Most people are driven by their own interests whether its in a game or real life. To a few people 'honour' may mean something but they are clearly a minority.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honor PKing is only a notion invented by people to try and guilt you into situations where they'd win.

Basically they use what is good in you against you by trying to blackmail your conscience. Just like in FoG, it's anything goes. Running, praying, etc. Everything is valid if it leads to you winning. It's meant to be dirty, dishonorable, and a gritty fight. Get used to it if you want to PVP.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Here are 3 quotes from this article that seem to apply, I shall fill in info where necessary:

"Eurisko was an underdog. The other gamers were people steeped in military strategy and history. They were the sort who could tell you how Wellington had outfoxed Napoleon at Waterloo, or what exactly happened at Antietam. They had been raised on Dungeons and Dragons. They were insiders. Eurisko, on the other hand, knew nothing but the rule book. It had no common sense. As Lenat points out, a human being understands the meaning of the sentences Johnny robbed a bank. He is now serving twenty years in prison, but Eurisko could not, because as a computer it was perfectly literal; it could not fill in the missing stepJohnny was caught, tried, and convicted. Eurisko was an outsider. But it was precisely that outsiderness that led to Euriskos victory: not knowing the conventions of the game turned out to be an advantage." -Eurisko is a computer program that the owner fed a manual of rules to a war game in order to win a tournament.

"The price that the outsider pays for being so heedless of custom is, of course, the disapproval of the insider. Why did the Ivy League schools of the nineteen-twenties limit the admission of Jewish immigrants? Because they were the establishment and the Jews were the insurgents, scrambling and pressing and playing by immigrant rules that must have seemed to the Wasp élite of the time to be socially horrifying. Their accomplishment is well over a hundred per cent of their ability on account of their tremendous energy and ambition, the dean of Columbia College said of the insurgents from Brooklyn, the Bronx, and the Lower East Side. He wasnt being complimentary. Goliath does not simply dwarf David. He brings the full force of social convention against him; he has contempt for David. "

"It isnt surprising that the tournament directors found Euriskos strategies beyond the pale. Its wrong to sink your own ships, they believed. And they were right. But lets remember who made that rule: Goliath. And lets remember why Goliath made that rule: when the world has to play on Goliaths terms, Goliath wins."

It really was a good read, I highly recommend it to all who are interested in this topic :geek: .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Honestly, if the people who said anything goes in the wild I bet for sure are NOT pkers, or you will know what honor pking is actually about, and why you do and don't do certain things. Now please, let this topic die. It's a [bleep]ing joke.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I've read a lot of the thread, and people do make interesting points. :ugeek:

In DANGEROUS PVP, anything goes. There is NO honour system, as the SAFETY does NOT apply here. You have 100% FREEDOM to do whatever you want. You are to enter the world with the goal of killing others to increase your bank, and LIVE. Without any safety, its a rule of The Strongest Survive, but you also have to be smart. You aren't strong or smart enough, thus you die. PKers have to accept that fact in a world without the laws of Safety. Whatever happens is so you don't die, and the prey/predator dies trying to kill you.

In SAFE PVP, honour applies. Here, you don't lose anything, but the sole attent, again, is the kill the other. People pray and eat here, but this is extremely dishonourable as they aren't risking a single thing and making the fight last longer than it should and ya. You have FREEDOM to do what you want, but there is a SAFETY law that applies to you. Honourable PKing can only be found in a safe PvP environemnt as there is both laws to aid you. The Strongest Survives, but the wisest is cheating for a reason that doesn't need to happen. The Wise kid keeps his armour weither he eats or loses, so why does he eat?

the people who say that honour pking is gone are delusional. It never existed to begin with.

I actually got my first rune set because 3 high levels at the time decided to pile me when i was being a noob and collecting runes at black knights fortress... ya i was that big a noob. unfortunatly they were only just high enough to kill me and there used to be a rock just outside of the fortress where you could attack people with range or mage but they would have to go around it.

one of them was lagging real bad and i managed to catch him on the safe spot then go low enough so his partners couldn't attack me back.

it was fun watching two high levels at the time going nerd and get a life while their friend was slowly dieing by fire strike.

then of course there were the noobs who like to pile every person with a clue scroll. i mean come on at least wait for them to get it so that you could at least get loot.

and of course there were the people camping out of mage bank and "teaming". this is where you have one person on normal spells for tb then another on ancient. have the tber tb then have the ancient do the attacking. strange how many pkers see how 2 people attacking in a 1v1 zone is honorable.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

No, I call this SPAAAAAAAAAAARTAAAAA!!!

Well, more like general Greek civilization. You see, the Greeks, at least in their earlier ages, put much store by honor- the proper veneration of gods, skills in battle, athletic skills, good oratory abilities, lavish feasts, the amount of wealth stored, and the giving/receiving of gifts. It seems rather barbaric, in contrast with the Athenian poets and philosophers, but many of the gems for which the Greeks are well known. For example, even in those times every man got his say. True, some held more clout than others, but do not the republics and democracies of our own time work similarly?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well, more like general Greek civilization. You see, the Greeks, at least in their earlier ages, put much store by honor- the proper veneration of gods, skills in battle, athletic skills, good oratory abilities, lavish feasts, the amount of wealth stored, and the giving/receiving of gifts. It seems rather barbaric, in contrast with the Athenian poets and philosophers, but many of the gems for which the Greeks are well known. For example, even in those times every man got his say. True, some held more clout than others, but do not the republics and democracies of our own time work similarly?

and yet troy was brought down by treachery

michel555555.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Well, Greek honor is not necessarily like Oriental or European honor- treachery lies outside the bounds of honor. All's fair in love and war, after all.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well, Greek honor is not necessarily like Oriental or European honor- treachery lies outside the bounds of honor. All's fair in love and war, after all.

but in order for the trojans to keep their own honour they had no choice but to bring a gift that they percieved as being for the gods into their city. One could argue that the statue was not specifically dedicated to a god but there was really no point in leaving the statue if it wasn't beleived that the trojans would percieve it this way and bring the statue inside the walls. making any battle skills that are supposed to be honored useless.

michel555555.png

but in order for the trojans to keep their own honour they had no choice but to bring a gift that they percieved as being for the gods into their city. One could argue that the statue was not specifically dedicated to a god but there was really no point in leaving the statue if it wasn't beleived that the trojans would percieve it this way and bring the statue inside the walls. making any battle skills that are supposed to be honored useless.

True. Furthermore, one could argue that by using a supposed tribute to the gods as tactic in war it could be taken as an insult to the gods, most dishonorable.

On the other hand, this an example of intelligence and superior tactics, honorable stuff indeed. Also, the poems are decidedly Greek and, as such, the Greek armies HAVE to be honorable, in the end.

I've tried a few fight in PvP, most of them where some random guy comes up and ask "Fight?", to which I reply "Honour?".

There have been quite a few cases where they say "Yeah, I always honour". And then they proceed to pray and run.

There isn't much you can do really.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

Wisdom is Honor.

Rofl. :roll:

Wisdom is not honour for god's sake.

Why the hell does Jagex has to make a choice between the 26k trick and RWT? As you said yourself, why bother with PKing when there are so many problems?

god go away you post on every thread about pk honour and you know nothing about pking

the people who say that honour pking is gone are delusional. It never existed to begin with.

Nah, it existed, but it was never popular. When it comes down to it, most people want to win and PKing with honor leaves you at a serious disadvantage. I used to dabble in it, i died a few times from it, and i got a few kills from it. Pking with no honor just ups your chances for the kill.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Honestly, if the people who said anything goes in the wild I bet for sure are NOT pkers, or you will know what honor pking is actually about, and why you do and don't do certain things. Now please, let this topic die. It's a [bleep] joke.

My point still stands.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Honestly, if the people who said anything goes in the wild I bet for sure are NOT pkers, or you will know what honor pking is actually about, and why you do and don't do certain things. Now please, let this topic die. It's a [bleep] joke.

My point still stands.

and ever notice how it is only pkers who actually view whatever they do as honorable and that everyone who disagrees with them must not be a pker?

There was a thread a while ago on the rsof, not sure if its still around, about teamers complaining that with the pjing update they could no longer 2v1 at the mage bank. there were actually several pkers and pure acounts saying how this was good and of course the people who were crying about the loss of pileing in a 1v1 area were calling them noobs and non pkers.

michel555555.png

Wisdom has nothing to do with honor. They are two absolutely different concepts. Even a dumb, immoral fool without a hint of wisdom can have honor.

Just as a wise man can be a completele coward and traitor.

My point still stands.

and ever notice how it is only pkers who actually view whatever they do as honorable and that everyone who disagrees with them must not be a pker?

There was a thread a while ago on the rsof, not sure if its still around, about teamers complaining that with the pjing update they could no longer 2v1 at the mage bank. there were actually several pkers and pure acounts saying how this was good and of course the people who were crying about the loss of pileing in a 1v1 area were calling them noobs and non pkers.

It's because none pkers know [cabbage] about what is actually happening :roll: :roll:

sig2-3.jpg

My point still stands.

It's because none pkers know [cabbage] about what is actually happening :roll: :roll:

How do you figure that out?

That IS a good update.

Zerker_jane.png

My point still stands.

How do you figure that out?

That IS a good update.

I figured it out because I see none pkers post about this stuff while knowing absolutely [cabbage] about it.

sig2-3.jpg

This is why RS2 pking will never be better then Runescape classic pking ;)

3 rounds before anything else (eat, tp, etc) :thumbup:

Yes, even though we had truckloads of scammers (also quite a few lurers), there were soooo much less swearing. Oh, and there was no such thing as no-pray rule too (you could ask a pray beast not to pray, but you would end up owned with prayer).

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)