summoning haters

Asellus5

They're just pets.

It just raises your combat lv.

It costs too much.

Charms aren't tradable.

Combat familiars are bad.

I've heard it all. I hate those people who drone on about how useless and costly summoning is, and how the "pets" are dumb. Take a look at the Boss Monster soloing guides. Im sure you'll see a titan, unicorn, terrorbird, or bunyip and scrolls (other than swallow whole) in the invo setup.

SUMMONING HELPS EVERY SKILL EXCEPT COOKING DIRECTLY.

Most summons give invisible boosts to skills that are, albeit invisible, but STACK with visible bonuses like pots pies or beer. Proof: Why would a void ravager have the ability to give you +1 mining like a dwarven stout, AND a constant +1 mining if they didnt stack? Pets dont do this.

In pvp worlds your combat level is adjusted back down if you're not carrying any summoning utensils, so the cb lv inflation doesnt matter. Personally i like it. Its more impressive to be a lv 112 than 102 (or 103 idk at time of writing)

Charms arent tradable cause Jagex didnt want to make an already expensive skill obscenely more expensive as a balancing factor to deter people from buying a 99 within the first week or two. It costs a lot because of the SIGNIFICANT advantages you get from having a familiar. I make far more gp per hour with summoning a helper familiar, than without. I get far more xp per hour as a result also.

Combat familiars are great. Usually low def/obscene hp for their level, though. Bring a combat familiar to Fist of Guthix sometime. Even if they waste time killing it, thats more charges you collect. Sometimes if your lucky you can even get a hunter kill or two. (or 4 even for my overlords). Bring them on slayer tasks also. Healers like spinner and unicorn dominate the single-way combat areas, and an actual fighting familiar like minotaurs and overlords will let you own the multicombat ones. They're even a vital part of a huge combo string theory of mine (see sig for link).

In short, Grow up and do wolf whistle. Summoning ftw. You want a moneypit skill? Go Firemake.

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

Summoning is a way for cheap combat levels.

But I'd train it if I wasn't Pure.

The only way Summoning affects your "Pure"-ness is by making you lose money.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

'fake' levels that are cancelled out. Wow. You're say.. level 100 without summon and 109 with. Go to PvP and guess what

YOU'RE LEVEL 100.

'fake' levels that are cancelled out. Wow. You're say.. level 100 without summon and 109 with. Go to PvP and guess what

YOU'RE LEVEL 100.

I understand that you don't understand.

OT: I can't see why any main would neglect to train this skill. BoB's, skilling boosts, combat boosts, extra healing etc.

And I didn't mean cheap as in 'worthless'.

Zerker_jane.png

YOU'RE LEVEL 100.

I understand that you don't understand.

OT: I can't see why any main would neglect to train this skill. BoB's, skilling boosts, combat boosts, extra healing etc.

And I didn't mean cheap as in 'worthless'.

I know you didn't, summoning isn't cheap "worthless" or cost cheap.

It's not very expensive at all.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Because 120m odd+ isn't expensive.

Not especially, no. It's very fast to train, really useful at high levels, and it's very easy to make money in RuneScape if you're so inclined.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Not especially, no. It's very fast to train, really useful at high levels, and it's very easy to make money in RuneScape if you're so inclined.

NEWSFLASH! That's probably 5 times the average player, so how EXACTLY is 120M not much? Just because 15% of RS owns 2,1B doesn't make 120M less. It's still ALOT. A-L-O-T.

Wexexx.png

Wexexx.png

NEWSFLASH! That's probably 5 times the average player, so how EXACTLY is 120M not much? Just because 15% of RS owns 2,1B doesn't make 120M less. It's still ALOT. A-L-O-T.

BIGGER NEWSFLASH! Even with 250M, all you're getting is 75k xp/hour tops. That's a lot more expensive than the second most expensive skill (Herblore) but is 3 times slower. Yup, it's cheap and fast.

And I agree with Ray. The combat levels are only seen, but have no affect on PvP worlds. It would be stupid not to get it.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

3hit is like the obvious pker.

Def sucks

and summon sucks because it doesnt affect you whatsoever.

Was this sarcasm? Sorry, it's hard to tell over the internet. But if it isn't, Summoning affects even pures (this is also directed to nerdboyxxx) because you can use familiar to do everything else but Pking. Training, making money, skilling, and everything else pures do besides PKing.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

3hit is like the obvious pker.

Def sucks

and summon sucks because it doesnt affect you whatsoever.

Was this sarcasm? Sorry, it's hard to tell over the internet. But if it isn't, Summoning affects even pures (this is also directed to nerdboyxxx) because you can use familiar to do everything else but Pking. Training, making money, skilling, and everything else pures do besides PKing.

No I was just being a typical pker/pure.

Summoning doesnt affect them in a negative way*

You know what I mean, we have 20 page long arguments, Kent :XD:

BIGGER NEWSFLASH! Even with 250M, all you're getting is 75k xp/hour tops. That's a lot more expensive than the second most expensive skill (Herblore) but is 3 times slower. Yup, it's cheap and fast.

And I agree with Ray. The combat levels are only seen, but have no affect on PvP worlds. It would be stupid not to get it.

Either you worded this poorly, or you actually meant that Summoning is expensive and slow, or is it sarcasm?

It's so hard to tell on the internet.

Prism_Swords.png

No Kent was being sarcastic when he said "Yup, it's cheap and fast." since its super slow and very expensive.

But there is still no reason to not train Summoning.

Summoning is like the most helpful skill out there.

BoBs are amazing, healing monsters are awesome, help me loads with slayer and bosses.

Combat familiars arent actually that bad, ive got like 150k range exp and 50k strength exp using different familiars. Some kick butt.

If you put the money and effort into it, summoning is one of the best skills out there.

And pets are awesome!

Nearly got the charms for my vulture, lol :)

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

No Kent was being sarcastic when he said "Yup, it's cheap and fast." since its super slow and very expensive.

Haha. I liked that.

Because i get 400k exp an hour summoning if i have the charms. I can get like 2-3 levels a week if i work at it at my level, 80+

Its not that expensive if you get charms from waterfiends, or slayer, as you make money, enough to fuel the skill most of the time. Obviously people are like OMGS OMGS 120MMM!!! NO WAII, because not many people have a 120M cashpile in their bank. And if you train summoning with lets say, slayer, i have actually made and spent probably around 300M+ in my time of playing.

So take summoning slow, and train it while making money from another skill.

Slayers great, trust me.

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

I adore Summoning! There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't train it. Really, I haven't spent near as much as that money out of my cash pile because every monster drops something commonly, and I just sell that item as my shard money. Gathering the seconds is easy since they just require you to train another skill at my level.

You can't hate a skill that lets you talk to squirrels... \'

I hate training it, get your shards, then get a pouch, get a charm, then finally get the last thing.

How many things do you want to collect just to train a skill!

Then you have to run to an obby to infuse the pouches and run back to a bank multiple times.

Way to much effort for 1 skill.

EDIT: I see all the awesome things you can do with the skill and how the familiers can help you in every other skill.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Haha. I liked that.

Because i get 400k exp an hour summoning if i have the charms. I can get like 2-3 levels a week if i work at it at my level, 80+

75k an hour would be realistic if you factor the time it takes to get the charms in say a day, and do all the math crap and turn it into that though :P