summoning haters

Asellus5

No Kent was being sarcastic when he said "Yup, it's cheap and fast." since its super slow and very expensive.

But there is still no reason to not train Summoning.

Haha. I liked that.

Because i get 400k exp an hour summoning if i have the charms. I can get like 2-3 levels a week if i work at it at my level, 80+

75k an hour would be realistic if you factor the time it takes to get the charms in say a day, and do all the math crap and turn it into that though :P

Yeah, the 75k/hour was just a random number and it was a decent estimate. And you can get a lot more than 400k/hour if you already have the charms... :roll:

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

It always makes me laugh when people get annoyed with summoners.

I have 10 fake combat levels, but without them I wouldn't be able to do a lot of things I do well nor would I be able to train other skills as fast.

Yesterday I tanked bandos in a 5/6 (1 had internet issues, missed a few kills and then left early) man team for 4 hours (70 kc which works out at over 105 boss kills) solid without banking or taking food from anyone on my team (I actually was giving away food drops as I always had a full inv of brews). All thanks to 3 war torts and 2 titans (could have lasted longer but my titan's timer ran out and I had no more pouches :( ). That was with no EE or SGS. How many lvl 116 players can do that without 79 summoning?

I've out lasted lvl 120+'s at DK's and I'm always one of the last players to leave the boss room at GWD when attacking.

Its always funny when I summon a bunyip or titan and people say "OMG whats your F2P combat level?" then there always "LMAO noob is only lvl 106 in F2P" right after. Only for them to be yelling "need food please" 30 minutes later :roll: .

People need to stop treating summoning likes its useless and gives you fake levels. Once you hit 40 summoning its a skill you'll love.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

If you earn all charms through slayer (which you should) then summoning will cost you nothing. In fact, you'll probably profit like I did.

Then summoning becomes a desperately slow skill, like slayer. Which again emphasises it's impressiveness.

Also people usually hit 99 slayer before 99 summoning and need to seek alternate methods.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

If you earn all charms through slayer (which you should) then summoning will cost you nothing. In fact, you'll probably profit like I did.

Then summoning becomes a desperately slow skill, like slayer. Which again emphasises it's impressiveness.

Also people usually hit 99 slayer before 99 summoning and need to seek alternate methods.

If you train Slayer and Summoning together you're actually saving 100s of hours of time. Since you are training slayer with summoning, it means that the time you would spend training summoning seperately is completely negated.

It's true. I hit 99 Slayer and was only 97 Summoning. I had to burst and waterfiend for the rest but it was still a really cheap 99 compared to Prayer.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Summoning was released when you kids were like 60 slayer roughly though.

Or alot more.

Still enough to get 99 slayer before 99 sum

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Summoning was released when you kids were like 60 slayer roughly though.

Or alot more.

Still enough to get 99 slayer before 99 sum

I was 91 when summoning was released. From 91-99 Slayer I earned enough to get me from about 70-97 Summoning. (1-70 was waterfiends and ice bursting)

So yeah, you will get 99 Slayer before Summoning, but who cares when you'll get most of 99 Summon paid for AND have that hot 99 Slayer. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Summoning is just impressive, without it I would leave drops, bury the bones that can translate to 400k+ per a 2hr dk trip without taking account to the rare drops derived from extended monster hunting time.

Without this advantage you would miss out, its just that simple. Pker or not, if you got a pile of cash or enough for 52 summoning, just get it and see how far that helps. That's my opinion.

During my experience, I pulled off 1m+ exp per hour with geyser-making which spawned a pack of random events:lol:

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

• 4 weeks later...

RayOxide.... if summoning didnt affect you whatsoever, then how could lv 10 summoners make fair cash on red spider eggs, one click from a bank, any bank?

Summoning is expensive. I'll admit this BUT... when using correct familiars for tasks other than training summoning itself... i get a noticable boost in whatever i do. From a +8 fishing boost from Ibis + Admiral Pie, to Macaws forcing my slayer tasks to drop better herbs, to Scroll/whip comboing in the chaos tunnels with Minotaurs for massive def xp per hour. The difference between skilling with and without summon is really this: With it, i make several times the cost of my familiar back by simply using them properly. The extra damage per second, extra invo, healing effects, and extra skill boosts add up after a while to = owning the game.

Useless levels? Ha! Check through most guides on solo-ing bosses nowadays. Id bet money that you see a Beast of burden or High level healing familiar included in the setup. Summoning absolutely owns for the solo-er. Even in clan warfare: if your whole clan can summon, you can DOUBLE your numbers at the start of the fight. The point im @ in summoning, my best familiars are HIGHER LEVEL THAN I AM.

Monkeyannie, Bassy, Outsanity, Hkdollars: Thank you people. It seems my topic on summoning haters only drew them. I also agree that Slayer is the best way to gain charms for summoning, as well as the wealth to pay for shards.

Id really like to see 3 changes to slayer though:

Bring back the summoning tab, i dont like HAVING to use the summoning button up top for stuff.

Make some monsters drop shards. Low amounts per kill or make lots of monsters drop them. Preferably the first.

Add some more High level Gold charm summons.

Side note: Defense is not useless. If you dont get hit, you win. Period.

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

They're just pets.

It just raises your combat lv.

It costs too much.

Charms aren't tradable.

Combat familiars are bad.

If you mean "bad" as in poor fighters, no. If you mean "bad" as in the AI is [developmentally delayed]ed, then yes, they suck badly.

In pvp worlds your combat level is adjusted back down if you're not carrying any summoning utensils, so the cb lv inflation doesnt matter. Personally i like it. Its more impressive to be a lv 112 than 102 (or 103 idk at time of writing)

Actually, since most people are not a pvp world or a pvp situation, you can't always know, and kids like to know, A LOT. It makes me wonder why they don't just hiscore people.

Charms arent tradable cause Jagex didnt want to make an already expensive skill obscenely more expensive as a balancing factor to deter people from buying a 99 within the first week or two. It costs a lot because of the SIGNIFICANT advantages you get from having a familiar. I make far more gp per hour with summoning a helper familiar, than without. I get far more xp per hour as a result also.

I disagree with this post. Although not buying the skill completely is a good side affect, I think the main reason why is so people wouldn't be lvl 15 with 99 summoning. It's possible seeing as there are several lvl 3 skillers out there.

In short, Grow up and do wolf whistle. Summoning ftw. You want a moneypit skill? Go Firemake.

Firemaking is technically not a money sink since no gp is leaving the system. but if you're talking about a skill that you can buy and does absolutely nothing for you, then yes, firemaking is a "moneypit".

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I hit 99 summon at 98 slayer.

training both together saves lots of time

Its the most useful skill imo, as it complements every other skill, and makes you more money/xp

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

:roll: It'd cost me 80m total from 96 to get 99 Summoning.

I'd rather spend 110m and get 99 Prayer+138 combat than Steel Titan, though it's so awesome.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

No Kent was being sarcastic when he said "Yup, it's cheap and fast." since its super slow and very expensive.

Haha. I liked that.

Because i get 400k exp an hour summoning if i have the charms. I can get like 2-3 levels a week if i work at it at my level, 80+

75k an hour would be realistic if you factor the time it takes to get the charms in say a day, and do all the math crap and turn it into that though :P

Yeah, the 75k/hour was just a random number and it was a decent estimate. And you can get a lot more than 400k/hour if you already have the charms... :roll:

hah yeah its closer to 800k an hour if you have charms
I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Scroll/whip comboing in the chaos tunnels with Minotaurs for massive def xp per hour.

Without it changed in the last 2/3 weeks then you don't get any exp for the damage the scrolls give you. You don't even get the drop if the kill was solely via damage from scrolls.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

:wall: :wall:

Special boosts to skills, awesome cb familiars, ability to boss-hunt effectively, pets are pretty awesome to just have walking around with you... need I say more?

disturbeda.png

If you mean "bad" as in poor fighters, no. If you mean "bad" as in the AI is [developmentally delayed], then yes, they suck badly.

As smart as most rs monsters, im not excpecting them to be smarter.

Actually, since most people are not a pvp world or a pvp situation, you can't always know, and kids like to know, A LOT. It makes me wonder why they don't just hiscore people.

Combat level - ((Summoning / 8)rounded up) = Pvp level. If you cant read this, then stop skipping algebra class to play runescape.

I think the main reason why [charms are untradable] is so people wouldn't be lvl 15 with 99 summoning. It's possible seeing as there are several lvl 3 skillers out there.

You CAN be level 99 summoning and lv 15 combat. Do Death to the Dogreshuun and steal charms from chests. Tedious but possible (Kill sigmund with recoils).

Firemaking is technically not a money sink since no gp is leaving the system. but if you're talking about a skill that you can buy and does absolutely nothing for you, then yes, firemaking is a "moneypit".

I didnt mean an economy-wide moneypit. Firemakers fund the Woodcutters yes, but most Cape-coveters will just buy their logs instead of cutting their own, spending a few Million on a 99k cape who's only redeming factor (imo) is that its orange.

Asellus5.png

Combat level - ((Summoning / 8)rounded up) = Pvp level. If you cant read this, then stop skipping algebra class to play runescape.

I already knew that.

Considering that I memorize crit rating per 1% crit, agility per 1% crit for a hunter, yards per sec with 100% speed, and that WoW players run at a constant 14.08 miles per hour at 100% speed, I know this formula...

Let's put this into an algebra equation:

I have 119 combat. Noob A does not know my summoning lvl because he is too lazy to hiscore me.

Therefore:

119 - (X/8) = pvp combat lvl.

Now, since this person wants to know my pvp lvl, that would mean he does not know my pvp lvl. Therefore:

119 - x/8 = y

This is a first order equation that results in a linear graph, not one answer as you imply. And if you mean that players merely have to plug in my summoning lvl to get my pvp lvl, then they also know my other stats and can compare those stats to theirs thus making the knowledge of my summoning lvl useless.

Don't throw flames around; it's dangerous to one's safety and can cause lung cancer after extended use.

edit:

I think the main reason why [charms are untradable] is so people wouldn't be lvl 15 with 99 summoning. It's possible seeing as there are several lvl 3 skillers out there.

You CAN be level 99 summoning and lv 15 combat. Do Death to the Dogreshuun and steal charms from chests. Tedious but possible (Kill sigmund with recoils).

Although it is possible to do some quests at lvl 3 with recoils (it's even theoretically possible to get 99 slayer as long as the player doesn't get monsters that are too strong for them), it's almost impossible to kill sigmund, even with recoils. Even if you could keep up with the damage of 3 adds, I'm pretty sure sigmund hits at least 11 or a 1 hit ko to any lvl 3.

Not only that, but I believe that the boss is "instanced". I could be wrong, but that means that a player cannot have any help killing him.

Although it is possible to do some quests at lvl 3 with recoils (it's even theoretically possible to get 99 slayer as long as the player doesn't get monsters that are too strong for them), it's almost impossible to kill sigmund, even with recoils. Even if you could keep up with the damage of 3 adds, I'm pretty sure sigmund hits at least 11 or a 1 hit ko to any lvl 3.

Not only that, but I believe that the boss is "instanced". I could be wrong, but that means that a player cannot have any help killing him.

Well, you get ranged xp from Death to the Dorgeshuun, so it doesn't really matter anyway. Besides, you can get charms from Soul Wars or Lootshare.

Well, you get ranged xp from Death to the Dorgeshuun, so it doesn't really matter anyway. Besides, you can get charms from Soul Wars or Lootshare.

Lol, true. But you have to particpate in combat in soul wars or you'll get booted =/. I can under stand that if they're just hanging around even near the avatar, but seriously? How else are we supposed to defend the GY? It's sheer madness. In before Sparta.

And I forgot about LS. I guess that could work since you don't need to attack the monster to receive some loot.

Don't throw flames around; it's dangerous to one's safety and can cause lung cancer after extended use.

Sorry. I didn't mean to flame. I just get very angry sometimes when I drink. That also explains why i missed the 2k ranged experience at the end of Death to the Dogreshhun. :wall:

As for the soul wars problem, I imagine you could still contribute to your teams efforts without doing combat by collecting and burying bones in the graveyards. You're going to die instantly to a grave rushing ancient lobbing bursts and barrages, though.

Asellus5.png