Jagex Message I Recieved - Explain...

Dracula_Magic

Ok,i just recieved following message from Jagex:

-----

12-Jul-2009 18:20

We regret to inform you that your recurring membership agreement has been cancelled.

This is to comply with financial sanctions against the regime in your country.

We have given your account 30 days of credit as a gesture of goodwill, however when your membership expires you will not be able to re-subscribe using any payment method for the foreseeable future.

If you feel that this has occurred in error please contact us immediately. You can email us at [email protected] or submit a query via the Billing section of the Customer Support area of www.runescape.com

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause, but look forward to seeing you continue your adventure in the free areas of the game.

Sincerely,

Jagex Customer Support

-----

Can anyone explain me what is the point of this message,I live in Serbia,and I have been member for 7 years,and I really have no clue what is this about???

zzZZ [- Glory From Beyond -]ZZzz

Dracula_Magic.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Jagex has stopped supplying membership to serbia, due to financial sanctions that were applied by the UN. But why, and why now? I don't know.. perhaps a mistake? Sounds odd though.

It seems that Jagex has stopped supplying membership to serbia, due to financial sanctions that were applied by the UN. But why, and why now? I don't know.. perhaps a mistake? Sounds odd though.

Should I try changing my bank account or something? or it affects whole country? .. or maybe its a mistake?

IDK its economic crisis,i really dont know what to think this is really odd

Dracula_Magic.gif

I don't think it's the crisis. Some countries are sanctioned by the UN due to violating international laws, or something. That means the industry is generally not allowed to trade with such countries. Don't know why serbia is on it. Thought serbia's troubles were over...

Anyways, what you could try is to change your country when trying to get membership. If you can pay with Paypal, it doesn't really matter which country you select. It only influences the price, as you can be charged in other currency than you're used to.

I don't think it's the crisis. Some countries are sanctioned by the UN due to violating international laws, or something. That means the industry is generally not allowed to trade with such countries. Don't know why serbia is on it. Thought serbia's troubles were over...

Anyways, what you could try is to change your country when trying to get membership. If you can pay with Paypal, it doesn't really matter which country you select. It only influences the price, as you can be charged in other currency than you're used to.

Serbia is progressing up the way to the union,so I really have no clue,other than that,It has been accepted by PayPal,and its under the process of accomplishing an agreement,however this is going to happen in next couple of days/or months,so Im going to try it than

But isnt presenting false information somewhat ilegal? and I think they can always check country you are playing from,cant they?

I want to see more people comment on this

Dracula_Magic.gif

Yes, they can check from which country you are playing. Though, there's nothing in the terms&conditions about having to put in the actual country where you live when subscribing. That means I can subscribe from whatever country I want... I think.

I've never had any trouble. (And it does save some money)

Umm there are no international sanctions against Serbia.. It must be a mistake. Email JaGex asking them what it's all about.

The only thing I could think of is the Kosovo independence issue, but like I said.. no sanctions exist against Serbia...

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Umm there are no international sanctions against Serbia.. It must be a mistake. Email JaGex asking them what it's all about.

The only thing I could think of is the Kosovo independence issue, but like I said.. no sanctions exist against Serbia...

I sent an email questioning about this action just minute ago

From what I know Kosovo isnt recent thing,and I cant think of something that is recent

This is frustrating

Edit:Im very dedicated in runescape,and this just cuts me off for good,just like that :shock:

Edit:I just tried applying for membership again,and I get same message displayed telling me same thing from email,shorter version

Dracula_Magic.gif

From what I know Kosovo isnt recent thing,and I cant think of something that is recent

This is frustrating

Edit:Im very dedicated in runescape,and this just cuts me off for good,just like that :shock:

Edit:I just tried applying for membership again,and I get same message displayed telling me same thing from email,shorter version

Well, I'm telling you that it must be a mistake.

Make sure Jagex understands you are a member from Serbia.. the only thing that I could think that could happen is their system is confused as to where you are from.. something may have happened with your IP possibly.

If there were international sanctions against Serbia, Jagex would have no choice but to comply with the UN, or UK/EU laws regarding sanctions. But there are no sanctions against Serbia (it's not 1999!), so it must be a mistake.. Unless Jagex is playing political games for some reason.. regarding the Kosovo independence issue. But that would be pretty ridiculous... and I doubt it would happen..

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

This is frustrating

Well, I'm telling you that it must be a mistake.

Make sure Jagex understands you are a member from Serbia.. the only thing that I could think that could happen is their system is confused as to where you are from.. something may have happened with your IP possibly.

If there were international sanctions against Serbia, Jagex would have no choice but to comply with the UN, or UK/EU laws regarding sanctions. But there are no sanctions against Serbia (it's not 1999!), so it must be a mistake.. Unless Jagex is playing political games for some reason.. regarding the Kosovo independence issue. But that would be pretty ridiculous... and I doubt it would happen..

Its not my IP for sure

Other than that,personally,I think two possibilities are on:

1.Mistake

2.Economical reason applied FROM my country because of economical crisis,or from Jagex side,but strictly political-economic reasons that affect money loss and economy,not other things like in 1999 and Kosovo (alredy late for that to be recent).The only confusing thing at this part is the fact that my country is in a huge progress this year and it is expected to join the european union by the end of this year almost 100% ! .. Other than that,I question ,how come I had membership for 6 years back,and now they do something. So the only thing i can think of is economical crisis thing since my country is not involved in any other happenings

Edit: THIS part is scaring me the most: We have given your account 30 days of credit as a gesture of goodwill, however when your membership expires you will not be able to re-subscribe using any payment method for the foreseeable future

Dracula_Magic.gif

It has nothing to do with the economy.. I can tell you that for sure - 100%. The UN does not apply sanctions to countries because they are suffering economically.. lol, that would just be silly. They apply sanctions for political reasons.

It has to be a mistake. There are no financial sanctions against Serbia. Don't get worked up over it. You have over a month to fix it with Jagex.

A side note: Serbia won't be joining the EU until 2015 at the earliest.. It's expected to get visa-free status to travel to the EU by the end of this year though.

It has nothing to do with the economy.. I can tell you that for sure - 100%. The UN does not apply sanctions to countries because they are suffering economically.. lol, that would just be silly. They apply sanctions for political reasons.

It has to be a mistake. There are no financial sanctions against Serbia. Don't get worked up over it. You have over a month to fix it with Jagex.

A side note: Serbia won't be joining the EU until 2015 at the earliest.. It's expected to get visa-free status to travel to the EU by the end of this year though.

yes,i misunderstood,just remember there was something by the end of this year,so it was for visa thing

THX

Dracula_Magic.gif

Do mistakes like this happen? I wanna see if other people had similar issues,or plz name any jagex mistake that u had seen according to this

Also I wanna know if there are people who got same message by any chance

Dracula_Magic.gif

I think you should relax and wait for them to write you back. Obviously Jagex can make mistakes... this looks like one of them for sure.

Could it have something to do with the Serbian currency??

Um no.

The reasoning clearly says that due to financial sanctions on the current regime, Jagex cannot offer member services to him anymore.

Serbia was sanctioned before, but definitely not right now. Legally, Jagex CAN provide this user members. It's a MISTAKE for sure.

Um no.

The reasoning clearly says that due to financial sanctions on the current regime, Jagex cannot offer member services to him anymore.

Serbia was sanctioned before, but definitely not right now. Legally, Jagex CAN provide this user members. It's a MISTAKE for sure.

Well seeing as the last time I can find that Serbia was sanctioned was 1992, and dracula has been a member for 7 years and has not received this message before, there must be some reasoning for the messages recent creation in the first place, right? It's not like these things just appear out of thin air.

The financial sanctions they speak of likely have to do either with their national currency, trade deficit, or outstanding debt. Also it could be some trade embargo that the UK put into place with Serbia..

I'd like to think that this is a mistake, but it seems to be an odd case and i would assume all Serbs are being denied membership... not just this individual.. why would they deny membership (revenue $$) to anyone without a good reason? They'd probably be pretty reluctant to edit their code to do this and I can't imagine them "accidentally" doing it..

KingJD36.png

Um no.

Well seeing as the last time I can find that Serbia was sanctioned was 1992, and dracula has been a member for 7 years and has not received this message before, there must be some reasoning for the messages recent creation in the first place, right? It's not like these things just appear out of thin air.

The financial sanctions they speak of likely have to do either with their national currency, trade deficit, or outstanding debt. Also it could be some trade embargo that the UK put into place with Serbia..

I'd like to think that this is a mistake, but it seems to be an odd case and i would assume all Serbs are being denied membership... not just this individual.. why would they deny membership (revenue $$) to anyone without a good reason? They'd probably be pretty reluctant to edit their code to do this and I can't imagine them "accidentally" doing it..

Sanctions are only applied for political reasons (it even says that it's against the current regime). Their currency or any other economic aspect has nothing to do with it. Trust me, if Serbia (or really any other country in the world) was being sanctioned for whatever reason, we would hear about it.

Honestly, it looks like just a bug. I'll be shocked if it turns out to be anything but.