Brawlers ---- Now Useless.

ThePeoplesNo0b

Prayer brawlers, tricky to use, need guilded altar first #-o

Smithing brawlers used before, shouldnt be a problem unless I run into a clan like last time :wall:

Quagsire.png

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smithing brawlers used before, shouldnt be a problem unless I run into a clan like last time :wall:

Could always use a friend's house.

True, but then it just puts me at risk to be killed even more. Although Yanille isn't a hotspot in PvP, I have met people lurking there and have been killed. Who knows, it might be worth the risk

Quagsire.png

True, but then it just puts me at risk to be killed even more. Although Yanille isn't a hotspot in PvP, I have met people lurking there and have been killed. Who knows, it might be worth the risk

A mate of mine let me use his house for my whole pray brawlers, and I wasn't attacked once. Call me lucky, but Yanille just isn't the biggest spot to worry about.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Then don't use yanille. Buy the ability to make Slayer rings and have your friend (or pay him if he needs incentive :P) to move his house to Polly. Then all you need to do is Slayer ring tele to Polly, run north a few steps, and enter the portal.

Much less risk than running from Yanille.

does anyone know if the exp bonuses work when trading in brimhaven agility tickets and wearing agility brawlers? they would be better exp than using the karamja gloves on a pvp world

nope i just died with mine in multi, annoying 8 vs 1 when your yak wont spawn next to you, alching rest of my brawlers now, around 12 of them, totally useless now ;D

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Wait until non-prime time hours come around and do some training.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

There's always the choice of using brawlers in non wildy pvp you know. A lot safer if you fear to risk.

I think Maldrith(or w/e his name is) should sell a new item. Protect Brawlers. Carry it in your inventory, and it will protect only your brawlers on death. Of course, it should be a hefty price, and not count for gaining ep. This way combats the following:

1.Wearing brawlers is still a risk, however you won't lose them, but rather the protecting item, which is worth gp.

2. Because the item costs money, losing brawlers will still be expensive. This item shouldn't count for gaining EP, just like noted items.

3. If you want to gain ep, you still have to risk an additional 75k.

4.Brawlers continue to have a use as they won't be destroyed every time you are pked in them.

5. The new item would contribute to sinking money out of the economy that pvp brings in.

w4M8t.png

There's always the choice of using brawlers in non wildy pvp you know. A lot safer if you fear to risk.

I think Maldrith(or w/e his name is) should sell a new item. Protect Brawlers. Carry it in your inventory, and it will protect only your brawlers on death. Of course, it should be a hefty price, and not count for gaining ep. This way combats the following:

1.Wearing brawlers is still a risk, however you won't lose them, but rather the protecting item, which is worth gp.

2. Because the item costs money, losing brawlers will still be expensive. This item shouldn't count for gaining EP, just like noted items.

4.Brawlers continue to have a use as they won't be destroyed every time you are pked in them.

5. The new item would contribute to sinking money out of the economy that pvp brings in.

I think that's a solid idea. What price are you thinking though?

Winters Omen.png

I couldn't think of a good amount without analyzing a little more. What do you think? Or rather, what does the community think?

w4M8t.png

Er, no? People are already banding together and creating groups to protect each other with brawlers. For once, people are banding together, getting great rewards, and having fun all at the same time. Teamwork has been really lacking in the game recently, so the emergent system we have right now is actually really good.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'd say make it over 2M but under 5M. That way people would have to pay for the amazing xp that brawlers give especially agility and smithing.

I'd like to add on that while using the protect brawler device your brawlers will have a risked value of 0GP and it will drain prayer like usual. Also maybe the brawlers could be imbued or enchanted like the new rings. Brawlers(i) that you will always keep on death or something along those lines.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I think the amount would depend. Personally for prayer gloves, I'd pay up to 4M. For woodcutting...Eh maybe 200k

The option to trade in brawlers would be nice too, as melee gloves are worthless to me.

Winters Omen.png

Jagex should've realized that when people get 4x exp, they don't expect to do it in high risk areas.

I mean seriously, risk = reward? What an irrelevant concept.

When your 'chance' of losing said bonus item is 100% on death, well then, it isn't 'risk' anymore, it is certain death; for some of the gloves anyways. For instance, the Agility Brawlers, if you want to do it in Wilderness Arena, well you won't last more than a couple minutes before being hunted by some clan or another--whether you risk 75k or not. At this point, rather than getting a few minutes of bonus experience, you are just better of alching it or whatever. This will be the case for quite a few of the gloves.

Before anyone points out that there was no risk before; not true. I received Woodcut Brawlers(from a legitimate kill under pre-BH PVP system) and I used the spot in varrock. I took decent armor there to defend myself and often Pkers would show up, ultimately, after around I would say 70% use, I *did* get killed by some TBer/Ancient combo, and I lost 2M in addition to the gloves. If Jagex wants to give me that kind of risk, fine, fair enough--where I at least have a *chance* of survival. However, making it so that the gloves are ALWAYS lost on death is ridiculous. Armor or no armor, you will fall before some clan or another--soon than later.

So you can't handle it, that's fine, it just shows that you're not resourceful enough. Why not work in a team for mutual protection, or work out some other defensive strategy? For once, big rewards aren't going to be handed out to the players on a silver platter, it's going to take dedication and some smart thinking. Go on, try it.

Sorry, but isn't just a matter of 'me not being able to handle it', I am level 137 and I know how to fend for myself. However, in an environment where clans run wild and death is certain every 2-4 minutes and you are GUARANTEED to lose the item, that is ridiculous. As for mutual protection, skilling is a very individual thing for many, most people can't be bothered to and shouldn't be expected to form teams. Even then, it would most likely be pretty pointless. To label it as just a matter of being resourceful is rather naive of you. Clan or no clan, you WILL get piled be one clan or another, added to that you will always lose your gloves-- it is simply frivolous. It isn't a matter of resourceful , it is simply an unbalanced update.

Then don't use yanille. Buy the ability to make Slayer rings and have your friend (or pay him if he needs incentive :P) to move his house to Polly. Then all you need to do is Slayer ring tele to Polly, run north a few steps, and enter the portal.

Much less risk than running from Yanille.

Good idea, I also figured that if I used house tabs to my house (in yanille) go out then into his, then use his glory to edge or draynor, most likely draynor because I don't think it's a hotspot. Still a few bumps to work out before I use them, but I'm sure I'll find a safe way ::'

Quagsire.png

this could have already been said but this is what i think jagex should do...

Brawlers are a semi rare to get, so spending time in a new risky pvp for the chance of getting gloves is slightly riskier than b4. See now your risking items getting these gloves so should that be enough?

I think once u have the gloves you should be able to use in ANY world of the game giving the same amount of xp as they normally would. This idea will make more people use the pvp system for the gloves but still give the bonus they deserve. If this was to happen i would suggest the gloves to become an even rarer drop.

But hey this is just my suggestion.

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Oh no I can't use my brawlers without any risk in PvP anymore!!!

Are you guys serious? lol

[Looks at your stats] Easy for you, you're 99 Magic/Range. :roll:

I personally find this to be "A spanner in the works", Its hard enough for me to get lucky to get Brawler drops but now because I dont have the funding to fend off more then one person, even with 95 Defence, It means im risking alot JUST for that 4x exp, which I oh-so desperatly would be needing later on for defence. (Have you tried to get 4-5m exp with a dragon scimmy and 81 Atk/Def?) :ohnoes:

Popoto.~<3

this could have already been said but this is what i think jagex should do...

Brawlers are a semi rare to get, so spending time in a new risky pvp for the chance of getting gloves is slightly riskier than b4. See now your risking items getting these gloves so should that be enough?

I think once u have the gloves you should be able to use in ANY world of the game giving the same amount of xp as they normally would. This idea will make more people use the pvp system for the gloves but still give the bonus they deserve. If this was to happen i would suggest the gloves to become an even rarer drop.

But hey this is just my suggestion.

Almost too logical to even expect it of Jagex honestly. But its a GREAT idea. :thumbsup:

I'd say make it over 2M but under 5M. That way people would have to pay for the amazing xp that brawlers give especially agility and smithing.

That would make the exp more expensive that just leveling it the most expensive, fastest way possible to begin with. :thumbdown:

Er, no? People are already banding together and creating groups to protect each other with brawlers. For once, people are banding together, getting great rewards, and having fun all at the same time. Teamwork has been really lacking in the game recently, so the emergent system we have right now is actually really good.

I miss those days. Rsc was awesome because everyone was actually there for other people. It was an actual community where you could benefit off of each other. <3:

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!