Brawlers ---- Now Useless.

ThePeoplesNo0b

yak scroll + brawler = win

GG people without 96 summoning. And before you ask it, you have to go through an interface with imp boxes.

GF, but you're wrong.

You can simply use the item on the Imp box and it will bank it. No need for interface.

I see this being fixed within the week, if you can do this with brawlers you can do this with ANY item.

That is epic

Will this work even if your in combat and like level 55 wild? D;

I got like 70 brawlers to use, L

I have agility brawlers and some others to use too lol

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think imp boxes worked in deep wildy, but I could be wrong. Also, doesn't that new skilling locator tool teleport you out of deep wild? Unless I misunderstood Krampell. -.-

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

The only exception ill give you is hunter because of the multi-combat area, but even I found it very rare for clans to come by.

I used my hunter brawlers and died about 20 times.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I didn't think imp boxes worked in deep wildy, but I could be wrong. Also, doesn't that new skilling locator tool teleport you out of deep wild? Unless I misunderstood Krampell. -.-

It does not work in 20+ Wilderness.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Take teleports with you, food, cheap equipment to fend off any pkers etc. Dont like it?

We already have been, and 9/10 out of 10, you cant escape. Even, hypothetically speaking, if you have a full load of food and cheap equipment, you will get teamed by at least two mages and a melee.

You dont escape, unless you are severely lucky, or under lvl 20.

Apart from magic, firemaking, and cooking brawlers. High lvl wildy is required. And all the others that are semi low, are in multi areas.

You dont win, unless you risk.

Which is why we are talking about this in the first place.

Most of us risked, the other 30% didn't. Now, the risks truely outweigh the potential rewards, seeing as you cant keep brawlers at all.

If it's really that hard for you to use them, then just stop using them lol I've never used a pair and I've been doing just fine. . .

So it's alright for a piece of content to be underpowered and shoved away?

No, I'm saying if he's really having such a hard time coping with the update then he should just forget about using his brawlers.

Why do you always have such a hard time understanding the point of my posts? Everyone else seems to understand just fine. . .

Because there's no point adapting? Unless you have 96 summoning, you lose your brawlers in 5 minutes or so.

Wow.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Jagex should've realized that when people get 4x exp, they don't expect to do it in high risk areas.

I mean seriously, risk = reward? What an irrelevant concept.

When your 'chance' of losing said bonus item is 100% on death, well then, it isn't 'risk' anymore, it is certain death; for some of the gloves anyways. For instance, the Agility Brawlers, if you want to do it in Wilderness Arena, well you won't last more than a couple minutes before being hunted by some clan or another--whether you risk 75k or not. At this point, rather than getting a few minutes of bonus experience, you are just better of alching it or whatever. This will be the case for quite a few of the gloves.

Before anyone points out that there was no risk before; not true. I received Woodcut Brawlers(from a legitimate kill under pre-BH PVP system) and I used the spot in varrock. I took decent armor there to defend myself and often Pkers would show up, ultimately, after around I would say 70% use, I *did* get killed by some TBer/Ancient combo, and I lost 2M in addition to the gloves. If Jagex wants to give me that kind of risk, fine, fair enough--where I at least have a *chance* of survival. However, making it so that the gloves are ALWAYS lost on death is ridiculous. Armor or no armor, you will fall before some clan or another--soon than later.

Evolve and adapt.

I swear that the majority of RS players have never heard of Darwin's law of evolution. The brawlers are not useless, they just require a better set-up to counter the greater risk.

Actually I have, im doing my thesis on it.

And to the guy above who didnt die at all using most of his brawlers. I commend you sir, you are one of the luckiest people I know. I have yet to use ANY brawler other than magic where I wasnt killed 5+ times.

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

Bla bla bla honor, fairness whatever

What are the conditions for the yak scroll? The person who asked about being in combat brought up a good point, and I'm pretty sure that you can bank during combat, the wild level is the thing that I'm really interested in...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

What are the conditions for the yak scroll? The person who asked about being in combat brought up a good point, and I'm pretty sure that you can bank during combat, the wild level is the thing that I'm really interested in...

Tested it with a friend,

yak scrolls high level wildy yes.

yak scrolls none wildy yes.

Imp boxes none wildy, yes

Imp boxes wildy, no

Good news guys-I tested it and I could bank my melee brawlers at mage bank (55 wildy).

I also had someone tb me in edge(Thanks Johkeuhtje), ran to 31 wildy, and was still able to bank my melee brawlers with the Yak scrolls. I am not sure if this changes while you're being attacked though. Mining brawlers at the hob mine are now lovely.

This might be VERY good-Imagine taking melee brawlers and stuff to the axe hut, and just banking all your gear with the scrolls.

It takes like 10 seconds to do so, also thanks due to the convenient scroll use via the summoning icon.

A new kind of gear is born- 6 iteming.

Well untill Jagex fixes this of course.

People with 96+ summoning- use your deep wildy brawlers quickly.

EDIT While I was writing this someone pked me for my summoned yak and 3 sharks. #-o

Good news guys-I tested it and I could bank my melee brawlers at mage bank (55 wildy).

I also had someone tb me in edge(Thanks Johkeuhtje), ran to 31 wildy, and was still able to bank my melee brawlers with the Yak scrolls. I am not sure if this changes while you're being attacked though. Mining brawlers at the hob mine are now lovely.

This might be VERY good-Imagine taking melee brawlers and stuff to the axe hut, and just banking all your gear with the scrolls.

It takes like 10 seconds to do so, also thanks due to the convenient scroll use via the summoning icon.

Agreed, jagex will nerf it in no time. Even though i think after all the money, time, etc spent on 96 summon. It should be allowed.

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

It's what i'm doing now, mystics came to agility course, "Familiar cannot see you too far away" called it deposited, swung on the rope died failing that, Lol.

Awesome, do you just use the brawlers on the yak? \'

No, you use the scroll special on the brawlers.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Tested it with a friend,

Imp boxes wildy, no

Great sucess! I wonder if I can get 3 levels before they nerf this...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

It might be hard to pull of at the agility course since you move and the area can be quite cramped. For mining and thieving(rogues castle), this is perfect.

Not even to mention the 30 extra spaces the yak will give.

You will also need to consider the other consequences of this - deep wildy hybrids might start banking their max mage if a team catches them.

Tested it with a friend,

Imp boxes wildy, no

Great sucess! I wonder if I can get 3 levels before they nerf this...

outside jagexs operating hours, wont be coded tommorow, will be next week if they nerf it, still time.

Jagex should've realized that when people get 4x exp, they don't expect to do it in high risk areas.

I mean seriously, risk = reward? What an irrelevant concept.

When your 'chance' of losing said bonus item is 100% on death, well then, it isn't 'risk' anymore, it is certain death; for some of the gloves anyways. For instance, the Agility Brawlers, if you want to do it in Wilderness Arena, well you won't last more than a couple minutes before being hunted by some clan or another--whether you risk 75k or not. At this point, rather than getting a few minutes of bonus experience, you are just better of alching it or whatever. This will be the case for quite a few of the gloves.

Before anyone points out that there was no risk before; not true. I received Woodcut Brawlers(from a legitimate kill under pre-BH PVP system) and I used the spot in varrock. I took decent armor there to defend myself and often Pkers would show up, ultimately, after around I would say 70% use, I *did* get killed by some TBer/Ancient combo, and I lost 2M in addition to the gloves. If Jagex wants to give me that kind of risk, fine, fair enough--where I at least have a *chance* of survival. However, making it so that the gloves are ALWAYS lost on death is ridiculous. Armor or no armor, you will fall before some clan or another--soon than later.

So you can't handle it, that's fine, it just shows that you're not resourceful enough. Why not work in a team for mutual protection, or work out some other defensive strategy? For once, big rewards aren't going to be handed out to the players on a silver platter, it's going to take dedication and some smart thinking. Go on, try it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Tested it with a friend,

Imp boxes wildy, no

But the boxes work below 20 wild, correct?

And do they work if you are teleblocked?

And does it have a limit on the value the item must be? I know the Yak does.

Tested it with a friend,

Imp boxes wildy, no

For banking the yak has no limit, only for storing, I didnt test the imp below 20 wildy, because I couldnt really be bothered when I have a yak

Tested it with a friend,

Imp boxes wildy, no

For banking the yak has no limit, only for storing, I didnt test the imp below 20 wildy, because I couldnt really be bothered when I have a yak

The yaks have 5 scrolls per bar right? So you've got 5 expensive things that you're able to risk, unless you can live lon enough for it to recharge a bit, that is.

Taken from hunting guide, I'm assuming it works:

The captive imp-in-a-box has unique properties. In addition to engaging in lengthy dialog, captured imps will transport two items to your bank in exchange for being released. This works from level 30 wilderness but not from level 31. In wilderness levels above 30, the imp will tell you right away that it can't transport anything for you right now.

You can right-click Bank or go through the lengthy Talk dialog to get to the banking option. This pulls up a small inventory screen. You can select two items to be sent. Each item clicks out to your bank immediately - there is no confirmation, so no second chances on a "whoops" mis-click. If you only want to send one item, click it [it goes immediately and you have Imp-in-a-box(1) left], and just use the X in the top right to close the interface. When the imp is freed, you will still have the magic box trap to use again.

Might be tricking banking while in combat?

Qwerty1291.png