When should i do ZMI?

Dire_Wolf

I am 71 Runecrafting at the moment, and i am wondering when is the best time to do ZMI for the EXP? I hear it's best at high level...

But when is that?

77 ? Considering Blood runes is activated then..

I need good advices so please make sure you are experienced. Guesses or assumptions will not help (Not trying to be rude but i need clear answers)

Thanks!

Now I may not have 71 tc myself, but I am confident that doing zmi at almost ANY level is faster exp than the other methods. Also, you start profitting from lvl 65 or so, so you won't lose any money.

Staurolite.png

You begin to profit somewhere in the later 60s so it would be best to start then, I suppose. I don't believe there is a faster method of Runecrafting than ZMI, but Graahk'ing nature runes might be the next closest thing. Start now would be my advice. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

ZMI is just the fastest exp end of. If you run the short path you should have no trouble, eat a monkfrish or something every few trips etc. You can use the lunar teleport Ourina or whatever to teleport you from the altar to just outside again, so thats quite handy.

You should use ZMI whenever you can. Dont worry about 77 for bloods, as you make a bundle of runes, above your level even. You can even make soul runes. Yes, soul. Even though though you cant make them anywhere else at all atm.

Run up to the altar in dragonhide with a abyssal lurker or a spirit terrorbird or whatever, craft your runes, teleport/run back, stock up (costs 20 runes to bank), and go back again.

Sorry its a bit messy but i hope that helped.

Its around 600exp a run at level 70 btw (using pouches, no abyssal lurker), but i hear as you get a higher level, the more likely you are to make better runes, so it could increase.

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

I averaged about 16.5 xp at level 67-68. It was extremely good experience, about 400-500 per run. Do it now !! :thumbsup:

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

In the ZMI themed world you likely won't even need food. Just use mind or fire runes for your banking and you can even use protection prayers during the short route as there is an altar before the ladder to enter the ZMI area. You might want to wear SC Armour over Dragonhide as I believe its defensive stats are higher and it only weighs (2kg) per piece. I usually abyss runecraft in SC armour and never run out of energy. If you run low at ZMI it only takes a quick rest to replenish it.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Your high enough now Hemen. I started at 70. I stopped at 71 though because I preferred the higher profit of deaths at the time as opposed to the faster exp.

Trust me it's fine for you to start ZMI now.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

For optimal use, I'd recommend 70+ Agility, 70+ Runecrafting and 70+ defence.

If you use a Lurker don't use W70. You'll spend way too much time looking for your Lurker during banking.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Also a tip, rest while you bank. That way your run energy stays replenished almost all the time AND you don't waste even a bit of extra time.

I got Lunar magics just to do the ZMI efficiently and it's incredibly useful.

You don't even need to do that anymore if you're 70+ Agility. It replenishes at the altar and whilst you bank.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

You can do ZMI at any level you want. I did it to get from 56-61 RC. With my 56 Agility i didn't need to rest and i had plenty of rune energy.

Also you can make any runes at any levels. I could make all the runes at 56 RC. But the higher the RC the more likely you will make higher runes.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

ZMI is straightforward and fast exp.

but if you are in it for the money, your better off using the abyss or becoming a pro at Great orb project.

I started ZMI like around level 50. But I only do it when I have the rare urge to RC. Strap on the light weight Sacred clay armor, make a few runs, then I stop.

I've seen myself craft all types of runes there...bloods...souls. But the numbers are so random that you shouldn't expect yourself a guaranteed crafting of all runes in one run.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX