Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

I think 450 A.D. is a bad time to start. Basically most of Europe is taken by the East and West Roman empires, and then the Sassanids have most of the middle east, along with the Hun threat.

We'll be mostly disregarding that sort of thing.

We're going to act like none of these empires actually existed, right? Just the nationalities/cultures. No borders yet.

I haven't decided who I want to be yet, but if no one minds (grim?), I'd like to place a claim for part of southeastern China. That would be the Southern Song dynasty in 450 AD, with the people perhaps labeled as Cantonese and Fujianese.

Though I kind of think playing as a barbarian tribe would be cool.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

I think 450 A.D. is a bad time to start. Basically most of Europe is taken by the East and West Roman empires, and then the Sassanids have most of the middle east, along with the Hun threat.

We're going to act like none of these empires actually existed, right? Just the nationalities/cultures. No borders yet.

I haven't decided who I want to be yet, but if no one minds (grim?), I'd like to place a claim for part of southeastern China. That would be the Southern Song dynasty in 450 AD, with the people perhaps labeled as Cantonese and Fujianese.

Bah chinas huge could you wait until after I post where I am setting up camp till you show where you are?

LNYvk.png

I was thinking that the Roman Empire just fell (specifically 476 AD) and Europe is up for grabs...the Middle East well, Sassanids could be broken up due to a coup or something, and Asia be divided into cultural regions. We know of a grand civilization of ages past (e.g Roman Empire) , but don't know how they operated...and that's our primary goal: to reach greatness like that long-lost civilization.

But I may be talking too much and off-topic by now...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

China actually wasn't very united at that time either, so...maybe.

Let's wait until the thread is actually up, to be honest. And it won't be up until the Fally Tavern is up, I think? (I never actually commented on what I thought of that - I don't mind too much, but it'd just mean an extra tab I keep open 24/7)

doublesmileyface1.png

Meh, I still think we should start at either around 1,000 B.C.-ish or around 700 A.D. It gives a better selection of different nations. Otherwise we have to split up several lager empires, and then it just gets confusing. Also, I don't think we should have magic, just my opinion. It doesn't work well with a real world map. If it was some fantasy world, then I wouldn't mind as much. It just seems bizzare thinking, "The German magician casts a lightning bolt on your armies!!!" or "My Egyptan priest summons a scarab plague on Rome!". If we do stick with the 450 A.D. date, Ill be located in the Syria area. Either that or the Gupta empire (northren India).

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Magic could be cool and shake things up a bit, but despite what limitations might be placed, people will probably still find a way to abuse it. So "no" from me as well.

doublesmileyface1.png

Magic could be good but there needs to be systems in place.

Ross's "combat triangle" will point blank fail.

How, I ask you, would it fail.

Nobody would be able to create the types of magic, it would just be another weapon like a bow, sword or axe. And it wouldn't be that powerful, either.

Besides, we've already agreed not to include magic, so we can all be quiet about it now.

The first test battle is actually going quite well.

2Xeo5.png

[14:28] * Hextriplet is now known as Ross_the_knight

2.1 Impersonation of other users is not permitted. This includes intentional use of derivative names for the purpose of impersonation and causing confusion.

Stay the hell out of IRC until you follow the rules.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I thought the plan was to randomize a map so certain nations aren't disadvantaged by lack of natural resources, diversity in agriculture etc.

So people are picking cultures rather than land. But yeah, I could be wrong.

Cultures taken:

Eygpt

Vikings

Rome

Florentine

Mongols

Aztecs

Phoenica (sp?)

And a few others.. Quite a few chinese tribes, iirc.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I really think it would be easier if we took the cultures we already have, and put them into a new world, where there is less space, meaning that we have to contest it.

Seeing as we can make our own cultures, I'd rather not be egyptian.

I think I'll be some kind of Neo-Ancient Greek tribe.

2Xeo5.png

so is this game dead then?

Not yet, we're just waiting for all out war. :twisted:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

For the mideval thread, I'm formally "dibs"ing control over the Native Americans. Basically the United States.

As for this thread: All ships are to immidiatly report to Mars for militarization. Bombers and fighters (from British tech) are to be mass produced ASAP. Hypnopaedic training will also begin effective immidiatly. LAARTs will also be loaded up, and filled with standard infintry weaponry (the very same as Latino's from our trading deal). Heathen is to be loaded with more guns. Including the experimental Photon Canon. This cannon is the result of all of the neutron experimentation, and LHC work. These shots will completetly eliminate life within a certain area (pending size of shot fired) with out causing any infrrastructural damage. 6th Carrier is to be produced. 5th is done. 2nd Warship is in production. Army will be made up of every able bodied citizen (which is damn near everyone thanks to my age defying human race).

I don't like being a war nation, but seeing as this thread isn't lasting much longer anyway...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

For the mideval thread, I'm formally "dibs"ing control over the Native Americans. Basically the United States.

As for this thread: All ships are to immidiatly report to Mars for militarization. Bombers and fighters (from British tech) are to be mass produced ASAP. Hypnopaedic training will also begin effective immidiatly. LAARTs will also be loaded up, and filled with standard infintry weaponry (the very same as Latino's from our trading deal). Heathen is to be loaded with more guns. Including the experimental Photon Canon. This cannon is the result of all of the neutron experimentation, and LHC work. These shots will completetly eliminate life within a certain area (pending size of shot fired) with out causing any infrrastructural damage. 6th Carrier is to be produced. 5th is done. 2nd Warship is in production. Army will be made up of every able bodied citizen (which is damn near everyone thanks to my age defying human race).

I don't like being a war nation, but seeing as this thread isn't lasting much longer anyway...

Is this photon cannon shared tech? Also get on IRC please.

LNYvk.png