Wii Sports Resort.

Th3_Crusader

A game I've been waiting forever! Has anyone played the new Wii Sports yet? If so, was it any good? For those just knowing it came out, it came out July 25th. Heres the new sports:

-Swordplay

Duel

Speed Slice

Showdown

-Wakeboarding

-Frisbee

Frisbee Dog

Frisbee Golf

-Archery

-Basketball

3-Point Contest

Pickup Game

-Table Tennis

Match

Return Challenge

-Golf

-Bowling

Standard Game

100-Pin Game

Spin Control

-Power Cruising

Slalom Course

VS

-Canoeing

Speed Challenge

VS

-Cycling

Road Race

VS

-Air Sports

Skydiving

Island Flyover

Dogfight

I'll have to go try and buy it tomorrow if I have time.

258uo8n.jpg

I probably won't get this. I don't need a demo for Wii Motion Plus. ;)

is the Motion + any good, or pretty much a waste ?

I've heard very good things about Wii Motion Plus. It is how the Wii Remote was supposed to work when it was launched. It is true 1:1 motion control. I won't buy it until it comes bundled with a game I really want though, which will probably be Red Steel 2.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Like I said I don't want a demo for Wii Motion +, I want an actual game.

Also, lack of support at the moment makes me hesitate to purchase it until I hear of more developer's using the peripheral.

Like I said I don't want a demo for Wii Motion +, I want an actual game.

Also, lack of support at the moment makes me hesitate to purchase it until I hear of more developer's using the peripheral.

Ahhh alright I understand now. Sorry - Kind of mis-understood when you said demo for Motion + Lol.

258uo8n.jpg

WSR is enough of a standalone game to not consider it a WM+ demo. I got it on the release day, and have been loving it. There's plenty of games, really one for everyone. It's your standard wii sports style of playing, so if you're a real serious hardcore gamer who won't even touch a non-fps shooter, it's not for you, but it's a nice casual game you can enjoy with friends. The only problem is to really enjoy playing with friends you'll need a second (or third, fourth) device and each are about 20 bucks. I have the one that came with it and have a good enough time just switching off with the family trying to beat each other's scores in different games, but having a second device would be a lot more fun, as there are a few exclusively two player games. All in all, if you enjoyed wii sports in the slightest, you'll have fun with wii sports resort.

WSR is enough of a standalone game to not consider it a WM+ demo. I got it on the release day, and have been loving it. There's plenty of games, really one for everyone. It's your standard wii sports style of playing, so if you're a real serious hardcore gamer who won't even touch a non-fps shooter, it's not for you, but it's a nice casual game you can enjoy with friends. The only problem is to really enjoy playing with friends you'll need a second (or third, fourth) device and each are about 20 bucks. I have the one that came with it and have a good enough time just switching off with the family trying to beat each other's scores in different games, but having a second device would be a lot more fun, as there are a few exclusively two player games. All in all, if you enjoyed wii sports in the slightest, you'll have fun with wii sports resort.

I enjoyed Wii Sports, but I just can't justify spending $50 for a demo. You can argue that it has enough content to be a real game, but in the end, it was only created to show off the Wii Motion + peripheral. If I can find it really cheap, then I might reconsider purchasing.

The pictures for WM+ on Wikipedia make it look like there's no Nunchuk.

However I am sure there will be a way to put it in and there proibably is, but atm I really dont need any more wii games :|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

The pictures for WM+ on Wikipedia make it look like there's no Nunchuk.

However I am sure there will be a way to put it in and there proibably is, but atm I really dont need any more wii games :|

The Nunchuk plugs into the bottom of the Wii Motion +, so you are able to use them both.

The game is incredible. It looks ridiculously simple, childish, whatever else people say Nintendo does wrong. Yet it's also addicting and fun. I've spent hours on the swordfighting and archery games alone. The swordfighting makes you wonder why we haven't gotten a good swordfighting game on the Wii yet. :(

The game is incredible. It looks ridiculously simple, childish, whatever else people say Nintendo does wrong. Yet it's also addicting and fun. I've spent hours on the swordfighting and archery games alone. The swordfighting makes you wonder why we haven't gotten a good swordfighting game on the Wii yet. :(

It just couldn't be done right before, but now we'll be seeing some good sword/saber games with WM+. Red Steel 2 is on its way, and we can expect some star wars games.

I imagine many of the minigames will be hit and miss. I mean on Wii sports the tennis was great, but bowling came down to swinging the remote as hard as possible, and boxing was pretty much just flailing your arms.

So what does this come bundled with Wii motion plus or can you buy it separately?

Seperately it looks like a good purchase but im not shelling out for Wii motion plus when I could buy a game for the proper consoles... perhaps finally pick up L4D if theres at least one shop not trying to charge me extra for free DLC.

I imagine many of the minigames will be hit and miss. I mean on Wii sports the tennis was great, but bowling came down to swinging the remote as hard as possible, and boxing was pretty much just flailing your arms.

I agree on the tennis and boxing parts, but the bowling one isn't true, at least for me. I do better when I don't swing my Wiimote as hard.

The adverts for this look great! :thumbsup: Skydiving, how will that work :o

Haven't looked in further but really plan on getting this, and I usually 100% ignore these sort of games.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

So is it $50 but that includes a MotionPlus add-on? 'Cause then it might be more worth it for me.

Yeah, one motion plus comes with it. $20-$25 for each additional one.

So what does this come bundled with Wii motion plus or can you buy it separately?

Seperately it looks like a good purchase but im not shelling out for Wii motion plus when I could buy a game for the proper consoles... perhaps finally pick up L4D if theres at least one shop not trying to charge me extra for free DLC.

How can you play wii sports resort without a wii motion plus? Every game uses it. I like the swordfighting, archery and table tennis.

gr454rc.gif

I hate you Amazon. You had to bring the price down to $37.82. Now I'm $37.82 poorer. Since Motion+ is $20 on it's own, this game is $17.82 brand new. That's a deal in my opinion.