Great Orb Project - A Night in the Game

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu38/cpchris/31onbodysolo.jpg

ok i figured it out...

and I know its not much (whats max solo on body?) but its something...right?

got this 3-29-09 and have yet to beat it =\

You got it on my b-day. :P =D>

How do you 4-teamers get 50+ without piling? That's crazy. :shock:

Or perhaps there is some here and there, but I'd love to hear the strategy, if there is any.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shudders* i cant stand that game...im always teamed up with idiots...

I saw you yesterday on the other team, was going to hyt you but you had already left. We were on mind, and my team was pretty stacked, so I can understand why you didnt stay for long. :P

really? i woulda replied if i had seen you D:< lol

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Tonight's screenshots. ::'

A warm-up:

9aztyc.png

A good game with 4 good people on both sides with 1 fruity each, lost air and mind, won the rest. :D

2gvu16s.png

Teams~

Yellow: Mega1811, Numbers, Janelxtc, one other good person (sorry, can't remember, think it was lil sunny), and the random fruitcake.

Green: Setelima, Assassin5757, Sir Kurity, me, and the fruitcake.

EDIT:

Another fun game:

2mhvtr6.png

Yellow: Dw Morka, Pokecool5, me, and one other.

Green: Bartofires, Blod Dimond, Ronnytwl, Mathieu, and one other.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

[hide=55 Fire Duo]55fireduo.jpg[/hide]

Just did a 55 fire duo yesterday with Jane. I think we are quickly getting very good at this. Hope to do more 2v2s and repeat some good scores. ;)

Sorry about the picture being on body, I just remembered to screen it. I was like a couple of seconds away from missing it. I dont know what the max score on fire is but I think we were fairly close. :thumbsup: Our opponents in the picture were vorl and fated.

Here is a 56 that we did in 61, just the two of us and a couple of fruits. :P

[hide=56 Air]56airmeandjane.png[/hide]

If your all around the air altar you click on the opposing side.

If 2 people on the sameish side click on the same orb, it still goes inside the altar anyway.

Yeah, but if you're (for example) standing on the south side, then you can either pull from the north east or north west side, in which whoever's at the east and west sides can pull the same orbs. Sometimes when piling occurs, the orb stops moving. :x

Or at least in my cases. My duo record on air as been 44 so far. (Dutch Please) and I are still looking to get 50+ with a team or something higher than 44 for duo.

:(

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

If 2 people on the sameish side click on the same orb, it still goes inside the altar anyway.

Yeah, but if you're (for example) standing on the south side, then you can either pull from the north east or north west side, in which whoever's at the east and west sides can pull the same orbs. Sometimes when piling occurs, the orb stops moving. :x

Or at least in my cases. My duo record on air as been 44 so far. (Dutch Please) and I are still looking to get 50+ with a team or something higher than 44 for duo.

When you play with someone a lot, you eventually learn how to prioritize an orb spawn. ::' Because of my screen I can prioritize the farthest orbs. It's generally better to focus on scoring the closest orbs. Don't hesitate to steal an orb during cases when your partner has all 3 orbs in his scoring view. Hesitating is a nono. :ohnoes: Oh, and don't be slow to say where an orb spawns that you want brought closer, alerting them to "South" "N orb" "portal" can help.

I like your avatar btw. :lol:

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Timing your clicks so that you take control immediately after they lose control of the orb (say your teammate is pulling an orb in far enough so you can get it) takes a lot of practice, but allows for the orb to continually move towards the altar.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Timing your clicks so that you take control immediately after they lose control of the orb (say your teammate is pulling an orb in far enough so you can get it) takes a lot of practice, but allows for the orb to continually move towards the altar.

Really?

It always got me how the orb slows down even if your both pulling in the same direction.

O.O

This should make Master Smither happy:

57-50 score!

2ln8q9z.png

(Please excuse me if I don't get the names right.)

Yellow team: Anc13nt Rag3, Rn1rnl, Cute Narut0, W1gga 4 L1fe, and me.

Green team: Puu4, Catjump, Babybeaty1, Assassin5757, Kc Luvs U.

1emk2e.png

I've been going to bed early the past few nights, so I guess I've missed all the fun games.

Great scores, and congratulations Pinata on being on the winning team. :)

Psst, who (or what direction) on your team was stacked?

Oh, and also, how'd the other altars go?

EDIT:

cupgopbodyrecord2.png

That was duo in world 61. Loki and I have been doing exceptionally well on green lately.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu38/cpchris/31onbodysolo.jpg

ok i figured it out...

and I know its not much (whats max solo on body?) but its something...right?

got this 3-29-09 and have yet to beat it =\

You got it on my b-day. :P =D>

Or perhaps there is some here and there, but I'd love to hear the strategy, if there is any.

well what im going to say has probably been mentioned but...

first, 50+ isn't even super-hard with 2-3 people (assuming you don't get terrible spawns)..4 people doesn't make it much easier as you still only have 3 orbs to work with at a time. just sorta throwin that out there.

second of all, theres a reason they/we are dubbed "pros". pros know how to play. and you'll see or have seen a number of different types of pros. such as:

offense pros; people who are good at mainly offense (such as myself), average pros will get around 24-30 orbs on air (i usually average 28-31 on air, thus being "average"). The better pros will consistintly get around 33+ orbs on air. being "offense pros," not necessarily great at def.

defense pros; people who may not be great at offense, but make up for it with great defence, who know exactly how to stop offensive players.

all around pros; people who are good at both offense and defense (people like bio say these are the true pros :P).

solo pros; people who are good by themselves, but may lack proper teamwork

team pros; people who might not get the greatest solo scores may do very well with a second player (and no, its not just the second player who makes up for the other one) and on teams. not quite sure how it works, but i've seen it, so it's there...

those are pretty much it. so basically, teams getting 50+ know how to play.

as pin mentioned, orb priotiy is a key factor. many people don't prioritize orbs very well, and therefore aren't as good as they could be. orb priorit, if you didn't figure it out by its name, is knowing what orbs to get or when to get them. such as going for a closer orb that's right near the altar, instead of going for one thats much farther away. getting the closer one first will spawnt the next orb sooner, so you will be able to "plan" for that orb, instead of being more "surprised" by it.

knowing your teammates is also a big part. some people I've played with don't team as well. they don't prioritize orbs (say for instance, there are two orbs the other teammate can get, and one of those that i can get, and the other person then going for the orb I can also get, which wastes time and lowers the possible score), or just don't play well with me in particular (sort of like matching styles, it may not mean the other person can't team well). getting used to what your teammate will do with certain orbs helps a lot. some people I team with poorly and will only get around 33 or so. some people (such as reborn) I can team with pretty well and easily get 45+ (on air; air is basically my reference altar).

other things that usually depend on a players individual skill affect the game too.

these include hugging (holding onto an orb when it's going nowhere); however most pros don't do this (hence them being "pros"). however some people will hug orbs slightly as they pull them into an area for another teammate to pull in. this stalls the orb from going in by about a second or two (being 2 minute rounds, those seconds can add up).

basically, when pulling in an orb thats at an angle your teammate can't reach, click off the orb a little bit before its in his/her reach, as it will move another 2 spaces on its own, and will also allow the other person to pull it in as soon as its in his reach. this is faster than waiting to let go until after it is in his reach. now he has to wait another second or two before he can click on it to pull it in.

those are basically the main things that affect the game, but with a lot more words than necessary :)

if you have any questions or want me to clear something up just say so.

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Since I duo for the most part, I'll give some tips as well.

One should, for the most part, bring an orb into a teammate's range before pulling in your own orb. Although you may think that getting your two orbs in first will help for faster orb spawns, you'll only be working with two orbs. If you take time to bring the third into your teammate's range, then you'll have three orbs spawning to work with.

Secondly, assist your teammate as much as possible. This requires knowing your teammate extremely well, and communicating (preferably before the game). If you have three orbs that are your responsibility, one of them being a pillar orb, you should pull the pillar orb once (do not finish it) and move onto one of the other two orbs you are responsible for. Your teammate, if they are bright, will finish the pillar trick for you. This allows you to save precious seconds by spreading orb responsibility out.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|