Great Orb Project - A Night in the Game

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this great 50\50 CC. I want to do comptetive gop, but figure 3311 is the best way to start, that way I get my tokens, and experience. But righ now I'm pretty awful. I thought this was decent though:

090907041300.png

We had some failed crashers.

Any advice for getting better at attracting? I've got it down pat, but some of the ppl I gop with have all these cool maneuvers and they get the orbs way faster.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Any advice for getting better at attracting? I've got it down pat, but some of the ppl I gop with have all these cool maneuvers and they get the orbs way faster.

Pin/Bio is remaking her guide in light of the new changes to the game engine (Runetek5) which has made things a lot more complicated now. Just watch this thread or the thread in the AOW and I am sure you will find something useful.

090907041300.png

Hai Saru ::' Looks like you're playing with Csieagleeye's 5050ers. :ohnoes:

Keep in mind that 5050ing should be useful as a place to train your reflex skills and not a way to make easy money, too many people forget that, get greedy and do 5050 all the way, and then get bored of GoP that way because it isn't competitive. There's a thrill to going against an actual team you won't find in cooperative 5050. Anyway, once you think you're ready, go and play in the themed worlds with a partner if you can find one. Forming a 3-4-man team would be even better.

Some tips:

If you're only going to score with the attract wand, close down the chatbox and the inventory box to allow for more room to click and less camera-tilting. Try playing with the resizeable screen option to increase your line of sight. The 4-cardinal positions (N-S-E-W) hugging the altar are the ideal places to stand.

Until I see your style of playing I can't really offer any further tips.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Oh, thanks :) I never thought of that.

Here's my highest.

090908143014z.png

It was technically 5050, but this guy on the other team *tried* to crash. And he messed us up a bunch, so I don't think it's that bad...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

GOP update to be reversed according to one of the Mods.

15-16-147-59549398

"Hi Vorltex,

Please rest assured that we are looking in to this. As we have made no deliberate changes to the script, we are trying to pinpoint what exactly is causing the problems you have highlighted.

I'll post in your thread in Game Feedback as soon as I am able."

:lol: YAY! :lol:

Omigoooood this means there is a great chance they'll turn GoP back the way it was! :ohnoes: I'll still put up the new angles (confirmed 3) but now I can hope again! Huzzah!

I'm putting my hopes on the return of old angles and not the destruction of the activity bar. Jagex seems to like it. :|

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

First 50 in a while now, mostly because I have been away a lot and havent played much with Jane which meant a lot of soloing with some pretty bad teams. Well I loved this team, had there been a second more on the clock, score would have been 54. :(

West: Me

East: Nature Jump

South: Kc Luvs U

[hide=51 Air]51air.png[/hide]

:lol: YAY! :lol:

Omigoooood this means there is a great chance they'll turn GoP back the way it was! :ohnoes: I'll still put up the new angles (confirmed 3) but now I can hope again! Huzzah!

I'm putting my hopes on the return of old angles and not the destruction of the activity bar. Jagex seems to like it. :|

What do you mean "there is a great chance they'll turn GoP back the way it was"?

Been a while since I've been in GOP. :?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Omigod. :shock:

:shock:

61 on fire?!? Epic score! (Especially when most of the 60+ scores occurred on air!) Is that from before the updates Gato?

---

Pink, a change in pathfinding completely altered the angles for orbs spawning to the west.

1emk2e.png

They've not removed the activity bar. It's simply a possibility that they will edit the game codes to return the Project back to before the new RuneTek5 graphical update. It was this update that made some angles change. Information on how this occurred can be read about on Pinata Sabre's Project guide under beginning guides.

My apologies if my comment on the activity bar confused you.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Well even though the score ended up being 3-2. (with no high scores since I was soloing) this game highlighted by day at GOP today. Even though most of my teammates and opponents were freaking out about it, I took a moment to just enjoy what has never happened to me even after months of playing. What we have here is 2 invisible walls both north and south of the portal (marked by my crappy paint job). Now normally glitches can be annoying but never as annoying as this, when we started off the game we believed ourselves to be stuck. Now since the activity bar is windng down and you cannot touch an orb the only thing to do is to create a barrier, then soon after we clicked on the barrier itself we were eventually able to get out. Now getting back out was easy but when the game ended the portal was blocked again, so we had to wait till we had to be dragged out. Even though I lost the altar, I was rofl. :lol:

[hide=Glitch]glitchp.png[/hide]

Omigod. :shock:

61 on fire?!? Epic score! (Especially when most of the 60+ scores occurred on air!) Is that from before the updates Gato?

Yeah, it was from before the activity bar update - 1 day before if I remember right :ohnoes:

5743 | Pure F2P | 99 Smithing | 99 Magic | 99 Runecrafting | #12 Maxed Pure F2P Total

• 3 weeks later...

Awww a lot of the old pictures vanished. Reposts please? <3 I gotta update the guide too because mod emilee is taking too long replying on the nerfed angles. Im busy for the months ahead too btw, so I got way less time to play here. No the games I stol-err, borrowed have nothing to do with it. At least I think so. <.< >.> ^.^ V.V

1emk2e.png