Great Orb Project - A Night in the Game

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really grown to hate def...

Like I'll try to push an orb when they stopped pulling it to line it up, and then walk behind it to push it in, and my character just stands there doing nothing. And I'll keep trying to push it. Then once the other guy starts pushing his orb in, my guy will shoot push-sparks out at it and they don't move it and the guy keeps pushing it.

And when I push an orb in, people can push it away while I'm pushing or pulling in an orb. But when I try that on other people, my guy will just do nothing and "follow" the orb, and when it passes him, he'll just turn with it, and once it's almost in the altar, he finally decides to send push sparks out. And at that point, it's already basically in, and if it did do anything, it would push it in to the altar.

I seriously don't know how to magically make my guy decide to push an orb instead of just watching the orb. It really bugs me, and that's why I hate def. And also why I hate defenders (why can they defend me even when theyre like 50 rc and just started, and I can never do anything to them?)

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Like I'll try to push an orb when they stopped pulling it to line it up, and then walk behind it to push it in, and my character just stands there doing nothing. And I'll keep trying to push it. Then once the other guy starts pushing his orb in, my guy will shoot push-sparks out at it and they don't move it and the guy keeps pushing it.

And when I push an orb in, people can push it away while I'm pushing or pulling in an orb. But when I try that on other people, my guy will just do nothing and "follow" the orb, and when it passes him, he'll just turn with it, and once it's almost in the altar, he finally decides to send push sparks out. And at that point, it's already basically in, and if it did do anything, it would push it in to the altar.

I seriously don't know how to magically make my guy decide to push an orb instead of just watching the orb. It really bugs me, and that's why I hate def. And also why I hate defenders (why can they defend me even when theyre like 50 rc and just started, and I can never do anything to them?)

There are certain limits to repels. I am not sure exactly what they are. I bet someone knows exactly how many times you can repel an orb, the time limit between, and how a player attracting/repelling that orb to the altar affects those limits. I've yet to figure them out, as I have the same problem as you do.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

*tries to make sense of that, fails, but gets the general idea*

From what I've seen/done, it's basically, repel, then about 3 seconds before you can repel another enemy orb, or repel that orb again. Of course, those scary pro defenders knows the timing, and knows how/where to walk so they put the orbs in a place that backflips scorers...

Defending is about timing and positioning, not about runecrafting level. I can defend the same on a level 86 runecrafting account, and on an account with 52 runecrafting.

-Wants to def even more now-

And defending is ftw <3:

holding duos to 30s, and 20s. Holding full stacks to 30s :thumbsup: weeee <3:

Suak.png

runes.jpg

Money-2.jpg

I always assumed lower RC meant easier to break barriers.

Infact, what does RC level affect anyway?

Supposingly, lower rc level means weaker barriers, and has more trouble breaking barriers.

But honestly, I find it all to be luck. I've struggled with barriers made by level 50 rcers, and I've broke barriers made by level 99 rcers in one hit.

I've also heard that higher runecrafting level means higher speed. But.. it doesn't really seem true, tbh. (note to self: test that out).

Suak.png

runes.jpg

Money-2.jpg

Longer range with higher runecrafting? Bzzt! False! Using my nubby account with 50 runecrafting, the distance was the same.

Higher speed with higher runecrafting? False again, unfortunately. :cry:

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

From what I've seen/done, it's basically, repel, then about 3 seconds before you can repel another enemy orb, or repel that orb again. Of course, those scary pro defenders knows the timing, and knows how/where to walk so they put the orbs in a place that backflips scorers...

Defending is about timing and positioning, not about runecrafting level. I can defend the same on a level 86 runecrafting account, and on an account with 52 runecrafting.

And defending is ftw <3:

Def is ftw...and I understand the timing concept and stuff...

But repeatedly clicking to repel an orb (even after I haven't repelled any orbs so far that round), shouldn't I eventually hit the "right timing" somewhere in all those clicks?

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

And defending is ftw <3:

Def is ftw...and I understand the timing concept and stuff...

But repeatedly clicking to repel an orb (even after I haven't repelled any orbs so far that round), shouldn't I eventually hit the "right timing" somewhere in all those clicks?

I know this may seem weird but try doing this. Instead of spam clicking repel, click repel once and then wait 3 seconds and repel again. I dont know if that will work for you but I know that spam clicking fails while defending. But I find it weird that you cannot repel even if you havent repelled for the entire round.

My opinion and observations (may not be 100% accurate):

Spam clicking may work, but there's hardly any point in it. Better off positioning yourself, then repel, then position, then repel. positioning generally takes longer than the "no repel period" for enemy orbs anyway.

Sometimes it works, but the person you're defending has the timing perfected so they will attract the orb exactly as you repel it, hence the orb doesn't move, then they'll take advantage of the "no repel period" to score it.

Suak.png

runes.jpg

Money-2.jpg

Spam clicking may work, but there's hardly any point in it. Better off positioning yourself, then repel, then position, then repel. positioning generally takes longer than the "no repel period" for enemy orbs anyway.

Sometimes it works, but the person you're defending has the timing perfected so they will attract the orb exactly as you repel it, hence the orb doesn't move, then they'll take advantage of the "no repel period" to score it.

Thanks for the tips, works a charm so far.

Your repelling seems to override enemy attracting/repelling, but you have a rather large delay :evil:

O.O

Thanks for the tips, works a charm so far.

Your repelling seems to override enemy attracting/repelling, but you have a rather large delay :evil:

Not sure. If you repel, and they attract at the exact same time, I think the attract overrides.

If they attract first, then you repel, and manage to repel it, then your repel overrides.

Anyone has any ideas on who gets control of the orb if two people goes at it at the same time?

For both enemy orbs and your own orbs.

Suak.png

runes.jpg

Money-2.jpg

Not sure. If you repel, and they attract at the exact same time, I think the attract overrides.

Only just begun to notice that.

Its good most people can't tell when you are going to repel, and thus can't time it properly.

XD I generally just wait until they attract it to repel. Unless they take too long with attracting.

-defended a 3-man team to 23 on air last night :twisted: -

That glitch is interesting XD

Suak.png

runes.jpg

Money-2.jpg